The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

Wasn't RNB going to hang out here tonight?

Wonder what happened? Hope he's OK.... :lookofconcern:

I'm just following your lead in the Patriots or Brady threads. I'll step back and then reemerge in a few days denying that the truly Cubs won, and post some tin foil hat theory about how the game was fixed.

The Cards look good this year. You must be excited the Cubs are playing their bitter rivals. It would stink to get knocked off by them.

Glad to see I'm in your head. Sorry to see a lawyer dismiss the importance of evidence.

Fortunately, the Cubs have learned from Deflategate and implemented the following steps to head off any similar accusations.

1. Mr. Ricketts was at the game to look Arrieta in the eyes to be assured he didn't cheat.

2. Jake practiced his fake laugh instead of game prep for the inevitable grilling he'll get in WSCR this morning.

3. The Cubs hired an overweight clubhouse guy back in August.

4. Most importantly, AEI filled in the names this morning on the report that it wasn't that Schwarber's bats had too much cork but that McCutcheon's had too little. And the scouring of academia turned up a "long time Pirate fan" who "desperately wanted to believe" the Cubs cheated but is now convinced they are paragons of virtue.

The Cubs were corking bats and using drugs illegally to gain a competitive advantage long before the Dolphins chose to pass on drafting Tom Brady several times.

Speaking of being in another's head, aren't you just a teensy bit anxious about how it will feel if the Cubs' season ends at the Cards' hand?

As long as the Cards don't sign Bucky Dent or Maddon resigns and/or Epstein hires Grady Little, I think we'll be fine.

By the way, the Patriots passed on Brady several times too, which is probably why you worded it the way you did.

I heard Maddon is insisting on TBS showing the Steve Harvey show instead of the first couple of innings of any deciding game.

I missed the Steve Harvey point.

It kills me to root for the Cardinals.

But eventually the Patriots took him. And changed their franchise forever. The Dolphins haven't changed too much SINCE then. That's kind of a bummer, right? Oh well, at least you have the Cubs to support. But I remember what it was like before 2004. So much anxiety over the Sox possibly sh1tting the bed again. I don't miss those days.

You should post pics of the wild card merchandise you picked up after the game last night. I bet it's sweet.

Steve Harvey? 2008 Game 7 ALCS. Technical difficulties on TBS. Had to show Steve Harvey Show reruns instead of the first two innings.

No WC merchandise. Sorry. Did you buy anything for back to back last place finishes? Did you buy your son a panda last November?

I listened to the game on WEEI. Much better

Are you kidding? My son has 3 Super Bowl Champion t-shirts, 3 World Series Champion t-shirts, 1 NBA Champion t-shirt and 1 Stanley Cup Champion t-shirt, not to mention 2 BC NCAA Frozen Four Champion t-shirts. That's what he's seen in his 12 years of life. How on Earth would we find room for shirts that didn't commemorate winning it all?

Well, they did find plenty of room on the earth for all those 19-0 Patriot t-shirts. Mr. Kraft ordered them to lose so they could clothe Africa...what a noble guy!

Actually, he feared that Mercury Morris would lose his will to live.

I'm just following your lead in the Patriots or Brady threads. I'll step back and then reemerge in a few days denying that the truly Cubs won, and post some tin foil hat theory about how the game was fixed.

The Cards look good this year. You must be excited the Cubs are playing their bitter rivals. It would stink to get knocked off by them.

Glad to see I'm in your head. Sorry to see a lawyer dismiss the importance of evidence.

Fortunately, the Cubs have learned from Deflategate and implemented the following steps to head off any similar accusations.

1. Mr. Ricketts was at the game to look Arrieta in the eyes to be assured he didn't cheat.

2. Jake practiced his fake laugh instead of game prep for the inevitable grilling he'll get in WSCR this morning.

4. Most importantly, AEI filled in the names this morning on the report that it wasn't that Schwarber's bats had too much cork but that McCutcheon's had too little. And the scouring of academia turned up a "long time Pirate fan" who "desperately wanted to believe" the Cubs cheated but is now convinced they are paragons of virtue.

The Cubs were corking bats and using drugs illegally to gain a competitive advantage long before the Dolphins chose to pass on drafting Tom Brady several times.

Speaking of being in another's head, aren't you just a teensy bit anxious about how it will feel if the Cubs' season ends at the Cards' hand?

As long as the Cards don't sign Bucky Dent or Maddon resigns and/or Epstein hires Grady Little, I think we'll be fine.

By the way, the Patriots passed on Brady several times too, which is probably why you worded it the way you did.

I heard Maddon is insisting on TBS showing the Steve Harvey show instead of the first couple of innings of any deciding game.

But eventually the Patriots took him. And changed their franchise forever. The Dolphins haven't changed too much SINCE then. That's kind of a bummer, right? Oh well, at least you have the Cubs to support. But I remember what it was like before 2004. So much anxiety over the Sox possibly sh1tting the bed again. I don't miss those days.

You should post pics of the wild card merchandise you picked up after the game last night. I bet it's sweet.

Steve Harvey? 2008 Game 7 ALCS. Technical difficulties on TBS. Had to show Steve Harvey Show reruns instead of the first two innings.

No WC merchandise. Sorry. Did you buy anything for back to back last place finishes? Did you buy your son a panda last November?

Are you kidding? My son has 3 Super Bowl Champion t-shirts, 3 World Series Champion t-shirts, 1 NBA Champion t-shirt and 1 Stanley Cup Champion t-shirt, not to mention 2 BC NCAA Frozen Four Champion t-shirts. That's what he's seen in his 12 years of life. How on Earth would we find room for shirts that didn't commemorate winning it all?

Well, they did find plenty of room on the earth for all those 19-0 Patriot t-shirts. Mr. Kraft ordered them to lose so they could clothe Africa...what a noble guy!

I knew it had to be SOME humanitarian reason. That guy is all heart, and all class, not to mention an awesome judge of character.

I knew it had to be SOME humanitarian reason. That guy is all heart, and all class, not to mention an awesome judge of character.

But he's not as smart as Maddon. Did you know he reads and stuff?

But does he know the Ideal Gas Law?

Maybe not as well as Attorney Wells and Commissioner Goodell, but probably better than those pointed headed guys at AEI and the Professor. They're all really dumb.

Maybe not as well as Attorney Wells and Commissioner Goodell, but probably better than those pointed headed guys at AEI and the Professor. They're all really dumb.

Orwell said some things are so silly only an intellectual could believe them.

I think "it wasn't that the Patriots balls deflated too much, the Colts balls deflated too little" proves him right.

How about a Cubs-Blue Jays WS? :)

Sorry, but that is no longer a possibility. Jays were dealt the death card...

SI_Cover_-_Toronto_Blue_Jays.0.jpg

Called it. Home team is 0-3 so far.

0-4

Cards-Cubs in the post-season, Episode..... One.

Love it.

I especially love all the Cardinal hating all over the internet these days. It simply means the team is living rent free in the heads of many!

Alas, my only regret is this is a 5 game series, rather than a 7. I imagine it will go the distance no matter what and would love to have more meaningful rivalry baseball.

All *that* said..... I am a Cardinal fan through and through.... I will root for the Cardinals to squash, crush, and otherwise humiliate the Cubs. But if the Cubs do happen to get past my beloved birds, yes, I will root for the Cubs the rest of the way.

"Why?!" Many of my Cardinal fan friends ask. The answer is simple. Obviously I want my team to win it, but after 107 years, if the Cubs have a shot and I don't pull for them, that's a total d*** move.

Cards-Cubs in the post-season, Episode..... One.

Love it.

I especially love all the Cardinal hating all over the internet these days. It simply means the team is living rent free in the heads of many!

Alas, my only regret is this is a 5 game series, rather than a 7. I imagine it will go the distance no matter what and would love to have more meaningful rivalry baseball.

All *that* said..... I am a Cardinal fan through and through.... I will root for the Cardinals to squash, crush, and otherwise humiliate the Cubs. But if the Cubs do happen to get past my beloved birds, yes, I will root for the Cubs the rest of the way.

"Why?!" Many of my Cardinal fan friends ask. The answer is simple. Obviously I want my team to win it, but after 107 years, if the Cubs have a shot and I don't pull for them, that's a total d*** move.

Despite how storied the rivalry is, this will be the first time the two teams meet in the postseason, with former teammates Lester and Lackey facing off. Win or lose, it's a significant series.

Hell, we were only supposed to break .500 this season anyway.

I think "it wasn't that the Patriots balls deflated too much, the Colts balls deflated too little" proves him right.

Your avatar is Miss Moynihan and her son John, right? Before that it was Commissioner Goodell if my memory serves me correctly. This is a thread about the Cubs, who actually won a post season game this week.

I'm sorry, what were you saying about being in someone's head?

Your avatar is Miss Moynihan and her son John, right? Before that it was Commissioner Goodell if my memory serves me correctly. This is a thread about the Cubs, who actually won a post season game this week.

I'll ignore the time stamp on your post when referring to obsession and just say this.

In one sense, though, I do agree somewhat with your point. I do think it's fascinating, the denial going on about the type of character and lack of honesty of Tom Brady. I mean, most Massholes voted for Ted Kennedy so I can see why they'd be OK with somebody getting something they didn't deserve. But you're not one of them. You can see right through Hillary Clinton and Lois Lerner and are rightly appalled by their obfuscation and what they've been able to get away with. Yet, put someone of that ilk into the right color shirt and all of a sudden, "it's not that the Patriots balls lost too much air but that the Colts balls lost too little", or that "deflator" refers to someone losing weight, or someone known for his attention to detail had no idea that the balls...the prime instrument of his craft...were underinflated.

White Sox are soooooooooooooo jealous.

White Sox Bar offering free beer for every Cardinals Home Run hit.

http://bleacherrepor...amming-national

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/irish_zpshpbjulp9.jpg

There's a bit of a kindred love between Cardinal and White Sox fans. I know many Cardinal fans who casually root for the White Sox and vice versa. It's the shared rivalry with the Cubs, of course!

But, hey, even if the Cubs do win it this year, the White Sox will still have twice as many World Series rings in the past 100 years... and that includes the southsiders throwing an additional World Series!

Oh lord. Waste of a challenge on the bang-bang play with Holliday at first.

But.... in Matheny's defense..... calls at first in the post-season are sort of a touchy subject in Cardinal Nation. He kind of had to ask them to review it.

PS They got it right. Holliday was out.

I'll ignore the time stamp on your post when referring to obsession and just say this.

In one sense, though, I do agree somewhat with your point. I do think it's fascinating, the denial going on about the type of character and lack of honesty of Tom Brady. I mean, most Massholes voted for Ted Kennedy so I can see why they'd be OK with somebody getting something they didn't deserve. But you're not one of them. You can see right through Hillary Clinton and Lois Lerner and are rightly appalled by their obfuscation and what they've been able to get away with. Yet, put someone of that ilk into the right color shirt and all of a sudden, "it's not that the Patriots balls lost too much air but that the Colts balls lost too little", or that "deflator" refers to someone losing weight, or someone known for his attention to detail had no idea that the balls...the prime instrument of his craft...were underinflated.

The time stamp? I go to the gym at 5.

Let it go brother. It's over. Mr. Kraft won. Again.

But.... in Matheny's defense..... calls at first in the post-season are sort of a touchy subject in Cardinal Nation. He kind of had to ask them to review it.

This home plate umpire sucks donkeys.

He must have a twin brother who called the Jays game today... Fans were giving him the Bronx jeer.

He must have a twin brother who called the Jays game today... Fans were giving him the Bronx jeer.

This guy would call a pitch caught in Toronto a strike.

This guy would call a pitch caught in Toronto a strike.

At least he was calling them for both sides. I can live with a funky strike zone so long as it's consistent.

Save for the 8th inning homers, that's the game I expected. Close, close, close.

St. Louis stranded a few. Chicago had a few untimely double plays (well, there's never a good time for a double play). And, yeah, both Lackey and Lester need to put the home plate ump on their Christmas card list.

If the Cardinals don't strand a couple at second... if that deep fly to right goes out for the Cubs... maybe a different game altogether.

But I think it's going to be like this the whole series. I still say it goes five.

PS Can't help but be happy for Tommy Pham. Toiled in the minors since 2006. Got his first taste of the bigs last year. His first taste of the post-season tonight. The kid has an eye disease that makes the fact he can even hit at the major league level impressive. First ever playoff at bat goes yard. I think even Cardinal hating, yet baseball loving Cub fans gotta tip their hat to that.