The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

So, as a fan of the DH,I have limited knowledge of baseball. I'm having a hard time understanding why that batter for the Cubs didn't take a full swing, and instead he just poked at it. To add to the confusion, the guy on 3rd hesitated, then ran home. Was that all on purpose...?

:coy:

Edited by goose

So, as a fan of the DH,I have limited knowledge of baseball. I'm having a hard time understanding why that batter for the Cubs didn't take a full swing, and instead he just poked at it. To add to the confusion, the guy on 3rd hesitated, then ran home. Was that all on purpose...?

Don't worry, that kind of shit doesn't work in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Lol at loser Sox fans

The Cubs have won one postseason game in 12 years. In that same period the Sox have won three championships. "Loser Sox fans."

:facepalm:

I can see why you'd think I was talking about your team, but this time it was the loser White Sox fans who are getting free drinks with every Cardinal homerun.

Don't worry, that kind of shit doesn't work in the playoffs.

:LOL:
  • Like 2

Is this the part where I blame the strike zone? :LOL:

And now we have a series....

Cardinals were hitting the ball hard most of the night, and definitely in the later innings, but then again so were the Cubs.

Nice NL baseball to pull back-to-back squeezes. Maddon is crafty and Matheny needs to make sure his club knows that. Garcia clearly didn't see it coming and it cost him and the team dearly. Did I hear the announcers say he was pulled with a stomach bug? Uh, no. That's not the flu. That's the sick feeling in your stomach when you know you got made to look straight up silly by your arch rival.

But, again, we have series.

And, again, I think it's going 5.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1

Yeah, you have probably never seen that in your beer league softball American league games. :D

• Like 3

Wonder if all the Sox fans at the loser bar have burned the place down yet.

Nah, their team has won a World Series.... twice... since the before the Titanic sank and none of their fans believe a dude who took a goat to a game has cursed their franchise. Of course, there's the other awkward piece to that second item.... apparently Cubs fans take goats as dates to Wrigley? :laughing guy:

Yeah, you have probably never seen that in your beer league softball American league games. :D

For goose, baseball season is over with the A's. Now it's time for football. The arena league of course. All kinds of scoring and nets and board and stuff. Real football, not some stuck in the mud purist bullshit. And if there's no arena games there's always the Big XII.

Wonder if all the Sox fans at the loser bar have burned the place down yet.

Nah, their team has won a World Series.... twice... since the before the Titanic sank and none of their fans believe a dude who took a goat to a game has cursed their franchise. Of course, there's the other awkward piece to that second item.... apparently Cubs fans take goats as dates to Wrigley? :laughing guy:

If the "goats" are dressed in red, they're not goats.

Not gonna lie.... some of my fellow Cardinal fans on the internets are cracking me up. Some are on the ledge because the series is 1-1. Apparently they think Arrieta is going to pitch all 3 remaining games? That would be *great* by the way, but his arm would be noodles by the second inning of game 4!

I am rather enjoying the fact we have a good series between the two teams.

:LOL:

For goose, baseball season is over with the A's. Now it's time for football. The arena league of course. All kinds of scoring and nets and board and stuff. Real football, not some stuck in the mud purist bullshit. And if there's no arena games there's always the Big XII.

Lingerie League is more my speed.

Not gonna lie.... some of my fellow Cardinal fans on the internets are cracking me up. Some are on the ledge because the series is 1-1. Apparently they think Arrieta is going to pitch all 3 remaining games? That would be *great* by the way, but his arm would be noodles by the second inning of game 4!

I am rather enjoying the fact we have a good series between the two teams.

Sure those aren't really White Sox fans?

• Like 1