The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/56094f7abd86ef19008bd642/image.gif

You stay classy, Jonathan Papelbon.

By the way, because the Nationals have benched Papelbon for the season, he dropped his appeal of the three game suspension for throwing at Machado's head. Because, you know, classy guy.

:LOL:

This gave me so much joy. We knocked Pap out to win the game, then he chokes Harper... it was like Christmas. Additionally, while we will likely finish worst in MLB (although Reds are trying to race us to bottom) - we just sweapt the Mets which was a treat. :)

• Like 1

Already posted in SOCN

Cubs rookie class nominated for courage award by ESPN

http://sportsmockery.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Cubs-dress-up.jpg

• Like 2

Already posted in SOCN

ESPN? You expect me to believe they cover a team outside of New York and Boston?

:rfl:

• Like 4

Already posted in SOCN

ESPN? You expect me to believe they cover a team outside of New York and Boston?

Add 150lbs to each of the guys in the photo and keep the outfits the exact same and they'll be covering the Boston team.

• Like 2

Already posted in SOCN

D

Add 150lbs to each of the guys in the photo and keep the outfits the exact same and they'll be covering the Boston team.

Don't forget to add about 10 years too.

• Like 1

Up 5-0, then Segura tries to throw to 1st and ends up clocking Fowler in the shoulder instead...

Uh oh..... don't let Tony LaRussa find out someone got plunked by the ball in any fashion. He will surely go to the 800 page manifesto he has written regarding when it is and is not appropriate to, as well as how to, respond to any sort of plunking.... accidental or not.... in the batters box or not.... seriously.... if a vendor accidentally tags a fan with a bag of Cracker Jack, TLR is all over that s***.

• Like 1

Arrieta finished the year at 22-6 (unless the Brewers come back) with a 1.78 ERA and a WHIP of 0.88 (or 0.87).

He had the best second half of a pitcher in MLB history.

Just wow.

• Like 1

Reds up 3-1, Cubs up 1-0 and Hendricks gets through 6 excellent innings...need the Reds and the Cubs bullpen to hold on. Some runs wouldn't hurt, guys...

It comes down to tomorrow....

Reds up 3-1, Cubs up 1-0 and Hendricks gets through 6 excellent innings...need the Reds and the Cubs bullpen to hold on. Some runs wouldn't hurt, guys...

It comes down to tomorrow....

The Reds won ...now that is news.

W.

Cubs finish regular season at 97-65, their best since 2008. Barring a closer meltdown from the Pirates, it looks like the WC game will be in Pittsburgh.

Tune in Wednesday for the Jake Show...

• Like 2

How frustrating that the three teams in baseball with the best records are all in the same division. Not sure what can be done about it with the TV markets being what they are though.

However, the Cole train is coming for the Cubs Wednesday night! :madra:

• Like 1

How frustrating that the three teams in baseball with the best records are all in the same division. Not sure what can be done about it with the TV markets being what they are though.

As a Steeler fan you should be used to tough divisions.

• Like 1

It's not the norm. The Central, for a long time, was not at all balanced. It's just one of those things that sometimes happens.... a division becomes a power. I expect it to be like this for a couple of years before the Cardinals have to retool and the Pirates start to age out. The Cubs will be tough for a while, I think. I have seen fans on some other sports boards calling for all sorts of changes to the playoff format. I don't see a need for that. You don't build a church for Christmas and Easter crowds and you don't build a playoff format for the occasional strong years in the NL Central, know what I mean?

I do get that it stings that the two clubs having to play in the one-and-done are also the same fans that have suffered for quite a while and that, for sentimental reasons, a lot of baseball fans would like to see the Pirates and Cubs in the NLDS rather than the Cardinals. But I also think this time next year we might have the same three teams in a similar situation, but with Pitt or Chicago at the helm of the division.

Regardless, let's enjoy the October ride!

• Like 1

http://i.imgur.com/6xlaYQv.jpg

At first I thought this could be anywhere, now I see it is PNC Park- eeeeeeek! The win streak Arrieta has going is somewhat intimidating . . . .

Streaks eventually end though . . . . . . . . :)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1