The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

Well, kind of a mixed night. A bad loss and the Cards and Bucs won but the Giants and Nats lost so the magic number is down to 2.

I guess it's time to stop worrying about clinching though.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p513/andrew_bowler1/Capture_zpsmucn8dzz.jpg

BABIP allowed of zero. Not sure how long that can continue.

Well, kind of a mixed night. A bad loss and the Cards and Bucs won but the Giants and Nats lost so the magic number is down to 2.

The silver lining is that Hendricks was old Hendricks again. He did pretty good until they ambushed him in the 6th. I've got more confidence in him being #3 than I do Hammel or Haren.

Edited by BowlCity

The silver lining is that Hendricks was old Hendricks again. He did pretty good until they ambushed him in the 6th. I've got more confidence in him being #3 than I do Hammel or Haren.

Yeah, he looked great for 14 hitters.

I have no confidence in any of the three. It's almost like bullpen night gives us our third best chance to win. Enough off days in the playoffs might make it sustainable....fingers crossed.

I'd rather have the Pirates win in 17 innings than the Rockies in 8.5... :)

How about Rockies in 17 and the Pirates don't win at all? ;)

Goes without saying.

Maybe we should go let them catch the Cards...

I've been thinking about that...would the Cubs have a better chance against the Cards in the WC and Pitt in the NLDS or vice versa?

The season as a whole points to the former without a doubt, but over the last few weeks...the latter might be a better scenario for the Cubs. On the more likely track it's gonna be Arrieta battling it out with Cole and then we get Lester for Game 1 against the Cards. If the Cards end up in the WC, since the All-Star break we devoured their rotation, and I'd bet it'd be Wacha in the WC game.

And the Nats lose, leaving the Giants the only team between the Cubs and a playoff berth. Since it's Bumgartner vs the Pads, I think the MN will stay at 2.

Maybe we should go let them catch the Cards...

I've been thinking about that...would the Cubs have a better chance against the Cards in the WC and Pitt in the NLDS or vice versa?

The season as a whole points to the former without a doubt, but over the last few weeks...the latter might be a better scenario for the Cubs. On the more likely track it's gonna be Arrieta battling it out with Cole and then we get Lester for Game 1 against the Cards. If the Cards end up in the WC, since the All-Star break we devoured their rotation, and I'd bet it'd be Wacha in the WC game.

I don't think there's any way the Bucs could catch the Cards without us being swept. The other two series for the are 4 at Busch with the Brewers and at Atlanta. So it would be hard to imagine the Cards will lose the lead unless Pit sweeps us and them.

I'd rather face the Cards in the WC, since we only have two serviceable starters. Plus, the Cards have a way of winning games they shouldn't, so I'd rather have to beat them just once.

Scooter Gennett with a leadoff double against Wacha. Here's hoping for better results for the Crew than they had with a similar start vs Arrieta.