The Worst - Round Five

Lorraine

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst song on Hemispheres?

• Cygnus X-1 Book II - Hemispheres
    • Circumstances
    • The Trees
    • La Villa Strangiato

Well okay, if it's warbling we're talking about. He's always done that, and very well I might add. But Lee has an older syrinx now.

I'm just having a bit of fun, too. I just always forget to add the little smiley dude.

Please please add it. At least this one ;) anyway. I didn't add one the other day when joking with Eagle and it bit me in the @ss too... :LOL:
  • Like 1

It's kind of too bad that without the smileys, the default interpretation seems to be "this person could be deadly serious and/or in a bad mood." Jeez, hardly anything I say, in here or "in real life," is meant or taken seriously!

I admit that I'm guilty of misinterpreting what people write. Words on their own can be so stark, I guess. A few people have the knack for having a laid-back tone.

Shocked.

Shocked.

Shocked.

:o :o :o

Heaven forbid you attack the Mushy peice of crap CA is though, lol

Mick

Clockwork Angels is a masterpiece. :madra:

• Like 2

I suspect that if we were all listening to the album just a year or 5 after release, there is no way that the Trees would be picked.
  • Like 2

It's kind of too bad that without the smileys, the default interpretation seems to be "this person could be deadly serious and/or in a bad mood." Jeez, hardly anything I say, in here or "in real life," is meant or taken seriously!

I admit that I'm guilty of misinterpreting what people write. Words on their own can be so stark, I guess. A few people have the knack for having a laid-back tone.

It happens to me all of the time.Even when I use smilies I get slammed, so it's a lose/lose.

And I know how tedious and tiresome it gets having to attach smilies to the most simple post so it doesn't get misinterpreted.

It happens to me all of the time.Even when I use smilies I get slammed, so it's a lose/lose.

And I know how tedious and tiresome it gets having to attach smilies to the most simple post so it doesn't get misinterpreted.

you all suck.

and i'm serious

:D ;) :P :D

no but you all do really.

Mick

• Like 2

I can understand where you are coming from but here it seems to be vitally important even when you are well known. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor in my personal life but folks that know me know that. For folks that don't know me I wish I could run around with this ;) . Would save on some explanation from time to time... :)
  • Like 1

I can understand where you are coming from but here it seems to be vitally important even when you are well known. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor in my personal life but folks that know me know that. For folks that don't know me I wish I could run around with this ;) . Would save on some explanation from time to time... :)

Meh. I rarely use the emoticons, but then again I don't care if most people think I'm an asshole.

• Like 1

If I were a hacker, I'd hack in and make it so that when I hit "post" it automatically adds a smiley. That would save me the trouble.

At work we have office doors with little signs on them where you can slide a little slidey thing over to show either "occupied" or "vacant." I've often thought it would be good to have one of those on my forehead.

In situations where one is not sure wether someone is being serious or not, I find it best practice to hold your fire and sort it out with dialogue. But I know it's difficult and even I can get a little fired up at times. Most of us seems to most of the time to get along just fine anyway. (:))

• Like 1

It's very easy to be misunderstood when text is the only mode of communication. You don't have the body language to add to it.
  • Like 1

7 votes for Book II. Never would have thunk it possible... :)

Agreed!

I expected one...but seven?

Requisite emoticon --> :blink:

• Like 1

At work we have office doors with little signs on them where you can slide a little slidey thing over to show either "occupied" or "vacant."

I'd love to have one of those! And a lock.

Even worse is twelve votes for Circumstances! Twelve, really? How can a person not be moved by that riff? It is a great, terse, three-minute little rock and roll tune.

I see some joker also has placed a vote for La Villa Strangiato. :eyeroll: :(

Edited by Blue J

Impossible choice. Like asking a parent which child they love more!

I couldn't vote either.

Even worse is twelve votes for Circumstances! Twelve, really? How can a person not be moved by that riff? It is a great, terse, three-minute little rock and roll tune.

There's only 4 options, guys, and not one of the songs is weak.

• Like 2

Agreed!

That is why I have not voted. I didn't vote in the round previous to this one, either.

• Like 1

Agreed!

That is why I have not voted. I didn't vote in the round previous to this one, either.

You have still made...ah you know the rest. ;)

The good thing about being here in this new section is that I will be away from the poll complainers. I'd use that vulgar emoticon to make a point, but it is - well - vulgar.

And the loser of this one is, unfortunately, my Circumstances.

To the next round! :madra: