The Worst - Round Five

Lorraine

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst song on Hemispheres?

• Cygnus X-1 Book II - Hemispheres
    • Circumstances
    • The Trees
    • La Villa Strangiato

Easy.

The title track. of the bands epics, this is my least favourite (unless you count By-Tor). Not a fan of it. 10/10 for technicality, ambition, etc. but personally, I admire it more than I enjoy it. Personally would rate this, for enjoyability alone, a 5 or 6 out of 10.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i still like you, lol)

Mick

It is so frustrating...sometime I play it and IT BLOWS MY MIND AND IT IS THE BEST THING EVER!

But I am not inclined to play it, and normally when I do I cannot stand the emotionless vocals (sorry...but shrilling isn't moving me, its hurting my ears).

i was gonna say i've SEEN you on here rave about it before and don't deny it, lol I know i have.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Can you imagine how absolutely silly the final worst of the worst poll list will look if it has Hemispheres on it? :unsure:

Well i've said before this place is LOADED with spite voters. Won't bother me. Hemispheres won best album anyway, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Easy.

The title track. of the bands epics, this is my least favourite (unless you count By-Tor). Not a fan of it. 10/10 for technicality, ambition, etc. but personally, I admire it more than I enjoy it. Personally would rate this, for enjoyability alone, a 5 or 6 out of 10.

(i still like you, lol)

Mick

It is so frustrating...sometime I play it and IT BLOWS MY MIND AND IT IS THE BEST THING EVER!

But I am not inclined to play it, and normally when I do I cannot stand the emotionless vocals (sorry...but shrilling isn't moving me, its hurting my ears).

i was gonna say i've SEEN you on here rave about it before and don't deny it, lol I know i have.

Mick

it is one of those songs that only seems to move me at random times.

Like every now and then I spin Signals and I have been so blown away by it its ridiculous...then I play it again and I am so bored. Surely we all have songs/albums/bands that fit only a certain mood?

As for the second half of Hemispheres, if I was as mad on the title track as I am the second side it would be my favourite album hands down.

Sadly, I just do not enjoy Geddy's highest range as much as many fans. I really try, but overall I find it tiring.

• Like 1

Shocked.

Shocked.

Shocked.

:o :o :o

Heaven forbid you attack the Mushy peice of crap CA is though, lol

Mick

Hemispheres is infinitely better than CA.

Two reasons: I can hear it.

Secondly: I believe the sound is actually coming from the same room.

• Like 1

5 votes for book II and I was the lone voter for Book I.

I guess this crowd goes for more for the adhd time signature changes instead of a well laid-out epic.

:wtf:

Easy.

(i still like you, lol)

Mick

Mick

Like every now and then I spin Signals and I have been so blown away by it its ridiculous...then I play it again and I am so bored. Surely we all have songs/albums/bands that fit only a certain mood?

As for the second half of Hemispheres, if I was as mad on the title track as I am the second side it would be my favourite album hands down.

Sadly, I just do not enjoy Geddy's highest range as much as many fans. I really try, but overall I find it tiring.

That's alright, Segue. It's not for everyone.

I'd still like to know though what motivates our musical tastes. It would make an interesting study: what makes someone like one album/song and another not like it at all?

• Like 1

This poll is the hardest I've ever done. All of them are masterpieces and this album could be my favourite but I think that if one had to be chosen it's the trees.

I feel bad now...

Be strong! :) You don't want Hemispheres the song included in the final worst of the worst poll, do you? :no:

Easy.

(i still like you, lol)

Mick

Mick

I'd still like to know though what motivates our musical tastes. It would make an interesting study: what makes someone like one album/song and another not like it at all?

Me as well...I often wonder if the mood a song is written in can affect our liking of it the moment we first hear it.

I never enjoyed Simon and Garfunkel until I hit depression, and BOTW made complete sense. Otherwise, never would have been into them at all.

Easy.

(i still like you, lol)

Mick

Mick

Months ago. the Bee gees were my number 1 band.

Not now.......but still top 10.

so who knows, lol

Mick

Easy.

(i still like you, lol)

Mick

Mick

so who knows, lol

Mick

Me with Bruce Springsteen...

Love him but...hardly play him now. (But when I do, I find myself ready to pick out curtains haha.)

• Like 1

Easy.

(i still like you, lol)

Mick

Mick

so who knows, lol

Mick

I very much think that a persons state of mind can affect their like or dislike of a particular piece of music, a movie or a book. I've heard over and over again how people didn't like something for the longest time and then all the sudden clicked for them. I think you have to be at the right place in your life experiences to be able to connect with some things in a positive way.

• Like 1

I tease people aboot their love of Hemispheres but I found this one to be very difficult to choose. I almost didn't vote but in the end I made a choice.
  • Like 1