Territories

Lorraine

64 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Territories?

• I just love the song!
    • It's okay.
    • One of the worst songs Rush ever did.

Territories definitely belongs and deserves the disco ball treatment along with The Weapon :wub: , Red Sector A and of course Scars... :dweez:

I'm looking for a good concert version of the song and can't find one. So far, the studio one is the best. There's something about the song that it loses live, and I don't know why that is.

There are plenty of boots from the CA tour, and most of them have been able to keep the snoring from the crowd down fairly low in the mix.

• Like 4

I'm looking for a good concert version of the song and can't find one. So far, the studio one is the best. There's something about the song that it loses live, and I don't know why that is.

There are plenty of boots from the CA tour, and most of them have been able to keep the snoring from the crowd down fairly low in the mix.

:syrinx: The same person who mixed ESL no doubt... :)
  • Like 1

I was looking for a concert when they still had their oomph. :codger:

:dweez:

Edited by Lorraine

I was looking for a concert when they still had their oomph.

Then why pick a song that won't show it?

:popcorn: ...

Yep, there are a lot of people that go out to the food court when that song is played live...

• Like 1

They were alive with energy and spunk in the eighties. I don't know what happened between Presto and Roll The Bones, but something did. They aged fifteen years in two and were never the same.

:popcorn: ...

Yep, there are a lot of people that go out to the food court when that song is played live...

That's not exactly what I was going for. i would have added this :d13: if that were the case... :)

They were alive with energy and spunk in the eighties. I don't know what happened between Presto and Roll The Bones, but something did. They aged fifteen years in two and were never the same.

Probably because they listened to Presto. As the commercial says, depression hurts.

• Like 1

I'm getting the impression that your vote, LABT, in this Territories poll was One of the worst songs Rush ever did!

Silly me! Why bother guessing? I made the votes public. I'll just go look. :laughing yellow guy:

It was the closest option. One of the worst songs Rush has ever done not on S&A or Presto would have been more accurate.

I LIKE "Territories". Not sure about love.

I feel it's fair to say that starting with "Signals", Rush became slightly more about style than substance. But man, what style!

• Like 2

Was trying very hard to rock out to the over abundance of PoW material on the CA tour set 1. The crowds just wouldn't go for it. Ambien salesmen reported their largest quarter to date that year.

But....Territories....Love It!

• Like 1

Beautiful!

I thought Territories would get raked over the coals. I'm surprised so many like it.

"If you're a fanboi, you like everything Rush does, it's what you do.

If you want to save 15% or more on car insurance, you switch to GEICO. It's what you do..."

• Like 1

I thought Territories would get raked over the coals. I'm surprised so many like it.

"If you're a fanboi, you like everything Rush does, it's what you do.

If you want to save 15% or more on car insurance, you switch to GEICO. It's what you do..."

Don't go to Geico. They nickel and dime you to death.

Gutsy lyric closing out the song, wow, did he really say that?

Better the pride that resides

In a citizen of the world

Than the pride that divides

When a colorful rag is unfurled

It is one of my favorites from that era. I won't apologize for it!

For my money, it's one of Neil's "smarter" songs and has one of my favorite lines:

Better people. Better food. Better beer.

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?