• Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Counterparts
    • Clockwork Angels

Did somebody actually write "Hold Your Fire is the Hemispheres of the 80s"? Oy, me achin' coconut . . .

Blue J is the only one that has been around alot recently that possibly loves it that much. Not say'in it was him but just say'in... :)

Edit: circumstantial tree loves the crap out of it too but I haven't seen him around in a while...

It was Geddy's Soul Patch, post 136.

:blink: .....

Maybe I should clarify, when I said it's the Hemispheres of the 80s I meant that in the sense that they were taking their current musical direction to its most extreme form.

I will give toymaker a shot at this since he is the learned one between the two of us... :)

Learned, maybe (?) but still pretty damned boneheaded. Anyway, here goes:

If their "current musical direction" was to stop rockin' and try to write synth heavy songs that people might confuse with A-Ha or some other crap synth band from the 80s, I would agree that Hold Your Fire represents taking it to its most extreme form.

In my opinion, of course.

I didn't realize A-Ha had such an impressive rhythm section :LOL:

I will lose all hope in the quality of Rush fans here on TRF if Caress of Steel gets the boot before the other Rush bloopers.

There, there...Signals is still up!

You just wait! They will make mincemeat out of my precious Signals before long.

The end of the Rush world can't be far off. :(

If COS goes this round I may withhold my vote the rest of the way. I will probably still make smart@ss comments however. It will my way of protesting not unlike some of the Dems today with Netanyahu.... :facepalm:

Hard fought battle my friend :cheers:

I've fully accepted that once this round is over, even if CoS does overtake Counterparts, the board will almost unanimously beat the shit out of it next round. Counterparts will go down in TRF history as the troll album.

Did somebody actually write "Hold Your Fire is the Hemispheres of the 80s"? Oy, me achin' coconut . . .

Blue J is the only one that has been around alot recently that possibly loves it that much. Not say'in it was him but just say'in... :)

Edit: circumstantial tree loves the crap out of it too but I haven't seen him around in a while...

Maybe I should clarify, when I said it's the Hemispheres of the 80s I meant that in the sense that they were taking their current musical direction to its most extreme form.

I will give toymaker a shot at this since he is the learned one between the two of us... :)

If their "current musical direction" was to stop rockin' and try to write synth heavy songs that people might confuse with A-Ha or some other crap synth band from the 80s, I would agree that Hold Your Fire represents taking it to its most extreme form.

I didn't realize A-Ha had such an impressive rhythm section :LOL:

I didn't realize Hold Your Fire does . . . . oooooooooohhhhh! I'm in big trouble now!!

• Like 1

I'm sitting back laughing at these resulrs. Love COS but this is truly funny. :laughing guy:

Mick

Yeah...it's about as funny as when Obama and Bush were both re-elected
  • Like 2

I will lose all hope in the quality of Rush fans here on TRF if Caress of Steel gets the boot before the other Rush bloopers.

I GOT YOUR BACK BRAH

I helped Counterparts get this far, I'm not about to let Signals die!

• Like 1

Knew I could count on you :cheers: I could never have written that... :)
  • Like 1

The old school cavalry must most certainly be just over that hill over there ready to swoop in like Josey Wales with the sun at his back... :madra:
  • Like 1

No need to explain yourself, Mr. Patch. As you alluded yesterday, some people's ears just aren't ready for such high art-rock. :sigh:

I'll have you all know, if Segue were here right now, you'd be entreated to eat his poo, many times over!

:rage:

;)

• Like 3

No need to explain yourself, Mr. Patch. As you alluded yesterday, some people's ears just aren't ready for such high art-rock. :sigh:

I'll have you all know, if Segue were here right now, you'd be entreated to eat his poo, many times over!

:rage:

;)

I feel like I'm eatin' enough shit when I listen to Hold Your Fire, so you all can keep your poo.

(just being controversial. But that album really has cooled over the years. It hasn't lived up to its title)

p.s. Caress of Steel Forever!!!!

I GOT YOUR BACK BRAH

I helped Counterparts get this far, I'm not about to let Signals die!

:madra:

Hey, I love Cares of Steel. No arguments there.

But THREE votes to put Hold Your Fire in the dumpster, now. :(

You will not break me, oh raccoon-skin cap haters!

• Like 1

Sorry to say, but I give HYF 2-3 more till it goes.

It would be foolish to disagree with you, although it is a sad, sad, sad reality...

Which is 2-3 too many, considering the company it's in.
  • Like 1

Somebody just ax COS so we can enjoy mass Seizures, lol

I'm sorry it's just......... :rfl:

i'm enjoying this immensly.

Mick

You can contribute to the chaos by taking that vote off of CA... :madra:

Hmmm...or to say that another way...it means that all the people voting in these polls would get rid of roughly half of Rush's studio material out of the music collection, Hold Your Fire would still be there. :)

Perhaps only hanging on by a thread...but still there nonetheless.

I'm so happy that we're spending so much time (and bandwidth) discussing an album that has received only three dumpster votes!

(See how I did that? Turning things around, to better suit my purpose)... :D