• Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Counterparts
    • Clockwork Angels

I don't get people hating COS. it's similar to the albums after it, so it seems like if you hate COS you'd think 2112 was crap too, right? opinions are weird.

You would think so. Weird is the proper word for sure. I can or could kind of understand a person going one further back and not digging FBN for example because it seems much more different than the COS - Hemispheres... :eh:

I don't dig Caress Of Steel because the songs just don't seem as focused or well written. Give me time with The Necromancer, I'm trying. Fountain Of Lamneth's excellent, but it's not really a long epic as much as it is just a collection of songs thrown under one title. Bastille Day's alright if you listen to it on ATWAS.

That and ITIGB and Lakeside Park are awful...

I don't get people hating COS. it's similar to the albums after it, so it seems like if you hate COS you'd think 2112 was crap too, right? opinions are weird.

You would think so. Weird is the proper word for sure. I can or could kind of understand a person going one further back and not digging FBN for example because it seems much more different than the COS - Hemispheres... :eh:

Lakeside Park are awful...

That one stung a little not gonna lie. I agree that the studio version is very tame but I think its still good at least. The ATWAS version is off the charts great...
  • Like 2

That one stung a little not gonna lie. I agree that the studio version is very tame but I think its still good at least. The ATWAS version is off the charts great...

That's interesting...on the live album, I've always thought that Lakeside Park was, of all of them, the closest to the studio version out of all the songs on All the World's a Stage. It still has a very 'live' energy, and it is great...but to me it's not a stand-out like By-Tor, or even Bastille Day and Anthem.

But maybe I just need to listen to the whole thing a few times, and reacquaint myself with its awesomeness. I haven't heard it in...a couple of weeks! :o

:haz:

I think people are just getting bored and voting on things just to be spiteful.

now Hanging around here over 3 years. I could see that, lol

Micl

It's like how many times do we have to do the same kinds of threads over and over and over?

Well, I started a TRF appreciation thread but, along with being bored, I guess there's little appreciation for the place too. Only some of us acknowledge the effort (and money) and personal sacrifice entailed in keeping this place going. :huh:

That's interesting...on the live album, I've always thought that Lakeside Park was, of all of them, the closest to the studio version out of all the songs on All the World's a Stage. It still has a very 'live' energy, and it is great...but to me it's not a stand-out like By-Tor, or even Bastille Day and Anthem.

But maybe I just need to listen to the whole thing a few times, and reacquaint myself with its awesomeness. I haven't heard it in...a couple of weeks! :o

I am no musician Lord knows but to my ear the guitar is so heavy and the song reaches such rock'in heights on ATWAS. The same could be said for all of the album I realize that but it seems so stark to me with Lakeside Park, In The End and the aforementioned By Tor.... :huh:

I am no musician Lord knows but to my ear the guitar is so heavy and the song reaches such rock'in heights on ATWAS. The same could be said for all of the album I realize that but it seems so stark to me with Lakeside Park, In The End and the aforementioned By Tor.... :huh:

Ahhh, In the End! I didn't mean to leave that one out. Yes, I agree 100 million percent.

I think people are just getting bored and voting on things just to be spiteful.

now Hanging around here over 3 years. I could see that, lol

Micl

It's like how many times do we have to do the same kinds of threads over and over and over?

Well, I started a TRF appreciation thread but, along with being bored, I guess there's little appreciation for the place too. Only some of us acknowledge the effort (and money) and personal sacrifice entailed in keeping this place going. :huh:

That's not exactly what I was talking about.

Meanwhile, some other jokester has placed a vote for Hold Your Fire!

:rage: :rage: :rage:

Maybe because it's only a fair album? :D

• Like 1

There is two of them and they may not be joking. Less than a year ago I probably would have done the same... :huh:
  • Like 1

If you're a hardcore classic Rush buff...HYF must have seemed like another in a line of insults upon release.

I love it.....just sayin'

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Caress of Steel worse than Fly by Night? :facepalm: :facepalm: ...even Geddy thinks COS is better and he's never wrong.

Given the demographics here I could sort of understand a few votes for COS and a few for FBN but not 8 votes for COS and none for FBN.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110720185130/villains/images/thumb/e/e0/Warden-norton-shawshawnk.jpg/250px-Warden-norton-shawshawnk.jpg

Its a damn conspiracy thats what this is!!

• Like 4

There is two of them and they may not be joking. Less than a year ago I probably would have done the same... :huh:

Yes, and I registered my protest when I saw the first one, too.

:fury:

• Like 1

Caress of Steel worse than Fly by Night? :facepalm: :facepalm: ...even Geddy thinks COS is better and he's never wrong.

Given the demographics here I could sort of understand a few votes for COS and a few for FBN but not 8 votes for COS and none for FBN.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110720185130/villains/images/thumb/e/e0/Warden-norton-shawshawnk.jpg/250px-Warden-norton-shawshawnk.jpg

I bet Obama's behind it...
  • Like 1

Maybe because it's only a fair album? :D

:rage: Why, I oughtta...

To the moon, Alice!

:P

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

so one ONE friggin' round I forgot to make the votes public.......

FWIW I voted COS, FBN is much more listenable.

VT should still be in it and Presto should have kicked the bucket earlier too.

Each to their own.

Hopefully COS is next, and I say that as someone whose first Rush album bought was CoS.

Liked it at the time. grew out of it.

I didn't mention anything about lying... ;)
  • Like 2

so one ONE friggin' round I forgot to make the votes public.......

You forgot yesterday too. :)

So two friggin' rounds.......

:beathorse:

I for one appreciate the service you are providing to this forum

• Like 1

I didn't mention anything about lying... ;)

Personally, I consider the statement, "Caress of Steel is worse than Fly By Night" to be a lie ;)
  • Like 3