From least-glorious to 'Moving Pictures'

Rush Fan in Michigan

My Rush-loving buddy and I are getting together in Chicago in June for the R40 show and we've been getting ready by ranking our favorites albums from the least-glorious to "Moving Pictures." The theory there is that A) there are no bad Rush albums, and B) there is consensus among probably everyone that "Moving Pictures" will be on top.

We were united on "CoS" being the least-glorious, and sort of agreed that the debut and Feedback were near the bottom for various reasons.

He threw me a curve today by ranking "HYF" much lower than I would have thought.

Realizing that I'm new to the forum and you guys might have beat this kind of topic to death. But if you are interested, the blog is here: http://metsguyinmichigan.blogspot.com/2015/02/rush-r40-countdown-at-no-17-debut-album.html

Loving this forum. You guys are fun.

• Like 5

My Rush-loving buddy and I are getting together in Chicago in June for the R40 show and we've been getting ready by ranking our favorites albums from the least-glorious to "Moving Pictures." The theory there is that A) there are no bad Rush albums, and B) there is consensus among probably everyone that "Moving Pictures" will be on top.

We were united on "CoS" being the least-glorious, and sort of agreed that the debut and Feedback were near the bottom for various reasons.

He threw me a curve today by ranking "HYF" much lower than I would have thought.

Realizing that I'm new to the forum and you guys might have beat this kind of topic to death. But if you are interested, the blog is here: http://metsguyinmich...ebut-album.html

Welcome! Mind if I just call you Mich? :cheers:

I see you are a baseball fan...! :clap: (You might like things in here... http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/91760-2015-mlb-season-thread/ )

..and a Mets fan. I'm sorry. :poke: A's fan, here! :cheerleader:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

We were united on "CoS" being the least-glorious..

Wait until BigBobby reads that.

He must have a mouse in his pocket or is speaking french. That "we" stuff won't be reflected around here... :no: Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

As the co-ambassador of the Hold Your Fire album, I applaud you for sticking up for it. And your friend needs to be flogged with a wet noodle!

I know. Blasphemy.

"Time Stand Still" always has been a special song for me. When I first plotted out the countdown, I had HYF in the middle. But I was playing it in the hour-long drive to work the other day, I was reminded just how good the whole thing is. I've mentally reconfigured the top five -- well, 2-5 -- about 10 times. HYF keeps moving up.

My buddy is just wrong about this.

• Like 2

Realizing that I'm new to the forum and you guys might have beat this kind of topic to death. But if you are interested, the blog is here: http://metsguyinmichigan.blogspot.com/2015/02/rush-r40-countdown-at-no-17-debut-album.html

Personally, I love Hold Your Fire and rank it above Moving Pictures on my list, but by only one (or maybe two) spots. Oh...and welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

As the co-ambassador of the Hold Your Fire album, I applaud you for sticking up for it. And your friend needs to be flogged with a wet noodle!

I know. Blasphemy.

"Time Stand Still" always has been a special song for me. When I first plotted out the countdown, I had HYF in the middle. But I was playing it in the hour-long drive to work the other day, I was reminded just how good the whole thing is. I've mentally reconfigured the top five -- well, 2-5 -- about 10 times. HYF keeps moving up.

The album has been the same with me, the more I listen to it, the more I find to enjoy about it. The peak of art-pop

We were united on "CoS" being the least-glorious..

Wait until BigBobby reads that.

Sorry Im late to the thread. But CARESS OF STEEL LEAST GLORIOUS.

I know for a fact Caress of Steel is one of the best pieces of work by Rush. They might not agree, but it is true.

Bastille Day, I think I'm going Bald, Lakeside Park, The Necromancer, and The Fountain of Lamneth are all master pieces.

• Like 4

Realizing that I'm new to the forum and you guys might have beat this kind of topic to death. But if you are interested, the blog is here: http://metsguyinmich...ebut-album.html

Hello, welcome to the forum.

*sees that both he and his buddy put my favorite album as the worst*

*breaks jack daniels bottle on bar after chugging it*

I'll kill you!!! I mean, have you ever even heard Counterparts or S&A? How could Rush's best album be worse than those stink-bombs? Wait, you can't answer with a bottle of JD in your neck? Whoops.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 4

My Rush-loving buddy and I are getting together in Chicago in June for the R40 show and we've been getting ready by ranking our favorites albums from the least-glorious to "Moving Pictures."

Hrm, if I ranked Rush albums that way then I'd be missing five albums, as Moving Pictures is #6 in my book.

Welcome to the forum :)

• Like 1

My Rush-loving buddy and I are getting together in Chicago in June for the R40 show

Neat, I'll also be attending the show in Chicago ;). I'll be the one with the spastic best friend up in the nosebleeds and a pair of telescopic binoculars, lol. Welcome to the forum, it's a real hoot :7up: .

Friendly attempt at correction :codger:. Clearly the least glorious Rush album is Presto/RTB/CP/T4E (take your pick; it'd be Presto for me though that's no endorsement for those others). FBN and COS are mid-70s masterpieces, their first album a fantastic first effort, and Feedback isn't a Rush album, it's simply a collection of tracks recorded by Rush. Agree on MP even though it's not my personal favorite, though there's a strong argument to be made for 2112 also. :cheers:
  • Like 1

I know. Blasphemy.

"Time Stand Still" always has been a special song for me. When I first plotted out the countdown, I had HYF in the middle. But I was playing it in the hour-long drive to work the other day, I was reminded just how good the first 8 songs are. I've mentally reconfigured the top five -- well, 2-5 -- about 10 times. HYF keeps moving up.

Just fixed a little^^^.... :)
  • Like 1

I know. Blasphemy.

"Time Stand Still" always has been a special song for me. When I first plotted out the countdown, I had HYF in the middle. But I was playing it in the hour-long drive to work the other day, I was reminded just how good the first 8 songs are. I've mentally reconfigured the top five -- well, 2-5 -- about 10 times. HYF keeps moving up.

This co-ambassador will not stand for anything less than total adoration of the album- not just four fifths of the album! :rage:

Love it or leave it alone, folks!

Aye, I'm prepared to do battle for it! :madra:

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

I know. Blasphemy.

This co-ambassador will not stand for anything less than total adoration of the album- not just four fifths of the album! :rage:

:scared: :outtahere: ....
  • Like 1

I know. Blasphemy.

:scared: :outtahere: ....

:fury: :madra: :fury: :madra: :fury:

:P

• Like 1