Neil's new kit rumor

bscsmkr

I geuss it was all BS

Seems odd to go back

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201501/3305.f.jpg

Not really considering it's an anniversary tour. I think it's purdy! :)

For some strange reason I am not buying that Neil is reusing his old R30 kit

I think they are still working on his new kit and used this kit with the new bass drum head indicating a new tour

Just a feeling I have

I guess its possible, but I don't see Neil doing that, but maybe he just don't care anymore

Those guys are just working on someone's new kitchen countertop.

Found it. Here you go.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/1618674_771419446270050_2742764499002454393_n_zps9286ba23.jpg

More pics from musiciansfriend

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/l/t51.2885-15/e15/10950484_760536860661635_147978162_n.jpg

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/e15/10948751_780541082022861_982663170_n.jpg

• Like 1

It looks to be just a plain black finish

No sign of the black mirra sparkle within the graphic decals like R30

Kind of odd to build almost the exact same kit if it is different shells, but the same look

Kind of a waste of resources and creativity

Oh well

from the look of the logos I see: 2112, Presto, Clockwork Angels, Snake and Arrows, Test for Echo, Grace Under Pressure and Roll the Bones, Can anyone point out any other? Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

It looks to be just a plain black finish

No sign of the black mirra sparkle within the graphic decals like R30

Kind of odd to build almost the exact same kit if it is different shells, but the same look

Kind of a waste of resources and creativity

Oh well

Black reflects light as good as white or any other color. Just look from one shot to the other as the kit goes from Black to Blue!

I approve of this kit, but I REALLY approve of those shoes...Will definitely have to buy some if they're in production...certainly I'll have to wait for my wallet/bank account to recover from whenever New Orleans VIP goes on sale..

when I saw the NAMM post from Just Drums (the local store in my area) ; they said "this is the new R40 kit!". I was gonna comment and say "actually this is the r30 kit from 2004." .. but then google searched.. sure enough.. okay? just a little underwhelmed is all - not because it isn't beautiful , but only because we've seen it before.
  • Like 1

The Rush Collective just posted some more pictures of the new kit and it IS new! There ARE logos from the last two albums! And it doesn't look like a sparkle finish this time... (and I'm hoping that they're new drums, and not just the last ones repainted...those were beautiful, and should be preserved!)

from the look of the logos I see: 2112, Presto, Clockwork Angels, Snake and Arrows, Test for Echo, Grace Under Pressure and Roll the Bones, Can anyone point out any other?

Counterparts bolt and nut.
  • Like 1

It's very underwhelming because we've seen it before

It's a retread of the R30 kit

It's odd that he would repeat himself

I'm sure it has different shell technology from the mind of John good but I was expecting as I think we all were something entirely different and new

I'm not on Twitter but someone should ask gump on his page or DW page if this is really the kit for the tour and what's different about this from the R30 kit

That was a special kit

This one not so much

Oh well

Edited by bscsmkr

I feel like they went with this design because it was quick. In the Taking Center Stage DVD Neil and Lorne both talk about how the time machine kit almost didn't get finished in time. I think he was more focused on his off time than on a new kit design. Makes sense as to why its not as pretty as the R30 kit. It took a lot of hard squinting at the pictures I've seen, but I think there's enough changes on there to make it different (new album graphics, VDrum shells have logos now, overall finish, new head design)...It could have been better, sure. But it is what it is.

I think it would have been better with just that color of black and the gold hardware

No decals

Or use the red pinstripe as an inlay through the middle

It is what it is though

I guess just disappointed cuz it's Neil and I have always looked forward to something new each time with the few exceptions here and there of course

It's very underwhelming because we've seen it before

It's a retread of the R30 kit

It's odd that he would repeat himself

I'm sure it has different shell technology from the mind of John good but I was expecting as I think we all were something entirely different and new

I'm not on Twitter but someone should ask gump on his page or DW page if this is really the kit for the tour and what's different about this from the R30 kit

That was a special kit

This one not so much

Oh well

Yeah, I noticed that one after I posted it. Just enforces my notion that its going to be mostly post Presto Stuff!

Bring back the double-base drums!!

:facepalm:

Neil can't play the double base any more, but it would be cool if he brought it back. He could play much faster. Twice as fast actually.

Um, what? Did he lose a leg or something else we don't know about?

• Like 2