ACCEPT VS. THE SCORPIONS: GERMAN METAL SHOWDOWN! CAPS ON! METAL RULES!

RUSHHEAD666

ACCEPT VS. THE SCORPIONS: WHO IS GERMANY'S BEST?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Old School German Heavy Metal Band Do You Love The Most?

• ACCEPT
    • THE SCORPIONS
    • NONE! GIVE ME HELLOWEEN!!!

So are there any metal fans still on this board who love the old school bands from the past?

There are more German Metal bands to discuss but I only care about two right now.

Two of the biggest heavy hitters of all time!

The Scorpions really started out as a heavy metal band. The RCA Years were the BEST in my opinion.

Then they were signed to Mercury and they went to the hard rock sound. Then the started to evolve or dissolve with strange crappy rock music. EYE II EYE rings a bell. Pure SHIT.

Then came ACCEPT. To me is the greatest band to ever come out of Germany so you know my vote!

Their best albums in order:

"ACCEPT"

"I'M A REBEL"

"BREAKER"

"RESTLESS AND WILD"

"BALLS TO THE WALL"

"METAL HEART"

"RUSSIAN ROULETTE"

Once Udo left, the lead singer it was fuckingg over. The band released one of the worst album called "EAT THE HEAT." Pure SHIT!

See the connection to the Scorpions? PURE SHIT

At least ACCEPT got back together again and made a few solid metal albums. Then Udo left again for good.

The current ACCEPT line up just broke up but they did put out three incredible albums with Mark on vocals. T.T. Quick vocalist.

EXCELLENT FUCKKING METAL!

Anyway, I am sure this thread will be a BOMB, but hey you guys need to quit listening to all of your wimpy prog albums and pick up some old school metal!

Get some HALLOWEEN while you are at it! LOL!

METAL FUCKKING RULES!!!!!

Listen to the last cut off of "Restless And Wild!" "PRINCESS OF THE DAWN!"

"FAST AS A SHARK"

"SON OF A BITCH!"

Accept is a great band but nothing beats Ulrich Roth era Scorps!

:goodone: Same here. I really like most of the Accept releases, but the 70's Scorps are miles above.

• Like 2

Don't know anything about Accept but I have all Scorpions releases up to Animal Magnetism and love them all so... :huh: :codger:
  • Like 2

f**k YES SHADOW! I've loved your musical taste for years!! I am so happy to see Accept with three votes!!!

"BREAKER" is my third favorite album of all time.

I've posted that before.

Hemispheres

Fair Warning

Breaker

Oh ok

Fuckk it.

Restless And Wild

• Like 1

My vote is for the Scorpions. This was one of the bands that contributed greatly to my love of music in general. I became a huge fan shortly after "Blackout" and seemed to have to wait forever for "Love at First Sting" to be released (I believe Klaus was having vocal chord problems at the time). Anyway, I was hugely disappointed with LaFS and never really followed them after that. I think Love Drive (which wins the best album cover of all time award), Animal Magnetism and Blackout are their best, though I like some of the earlier stuff also.

I'm not well versed in Accept. I bought an early album of theirs one time (I don't even remember the name of it) and thought it was awful. I had some friends who were really into Accept though.

I did get to see both of the bands live. The Scorpions for the LaFS tour and Accept opening for Iron Maiden for what I believe was the "Balls to the Wall" tour.

• Like 1

Scorpions for me. Coast to Coast on Lovedrive is a fabulous track. Love the earlier stuff; Fly to the Rainbow; Virgin Killers; In Trance; Tokyo Tapes (the original vinyl has an extra track); Lovedrive; and up to Animal Magnetism. Never really liked Blackout - couple of good tracks, but more filler.

Couldn't comment on Accept - never floated my boat.

Rammstein on the other hand are a band I like and will pay good English pounds to see.

Accept has been floating my boat since 1981!!!!!! "Breaker" changed my life! It put hair on my chest. Made me want to slam a beer like Rusty in National Lampoon's Vacation!

I will say the "Lovedrive" is stunning, just like the real album cover with the bubble gum on the tit. Lovely.

Michael Schenker baby!!!!

Vertically challenged lead singers!

Who will win????

Hahahaha! That is deep. Both men are short. Udo Vs. Klaus? Vertically challenged. Dude, you crack me up. I've never heard "short" described that way.

Well, as much as I love Klaus I have to go with UDO baby!!

• Like 1