Official 2015 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

What Golf Announcer Are You Currently Listening To? v.2

New thread....started Today, 09:55 PM

Dan Hicks - I'm not as good as golf Jim Nance, but better than NCAA Jim Nance.

(2014 Valero Open replay)

• Like 1

My favorite coverage is NBC with Johnny Miller, Notah Begay and Gary Koch. Dan Hicks, Peter Jac and Roger Maltbie are good.

Jim Nance and Sir Nick are ok to me too. But I hate the way everyone talks in such hushed tones at the Masters because they have to.

Doesn't ESPN do the British Open? (Mike Tireco?) Mike is good.

Just my opinion, of course.

I prefer CBS coverage - mainly because of Ferhety and McCord.

The winds are up and the scores are down in Texas. The leader board scores look like a US Open.

I just checked myself. Look at all the freak'in scores in the 80's and the WD's. Geez. I can't remember the last time I saw so many... :wacko:

My favorite coverage is NBC with Johnny Miller, Notah Begay and Gary Koch. Dan Hicks, Peter Jac and Roger Maltbie are good.

Jim Nance and Sir Nick are ok to me too. But I hate the way everyone talks in such hushed tones at the Masters because they have to.

You forgot Rolf in the NBC coverage. Was that for me? :) Mike Tirico is awesome at everything he does In my opinion...
  • Like 1

You forgot Rolf in the NBC coverage. Was that for me? :) Mike Tirico is awesome at everything he does In my opinion...

I was thinking of you, my friend, when I left him out....

• Like 1

I was thinking of you, my friend, when I left him out....

And I would return the favor in kind if I did a rundown of CBS's coverage and leave out you know who... :)
  • Like 1

Those hushed tones, the piano, the harps, the azaleas in bloom, the arrival of spring...a tradition like no other.

Luke* Donald, Paul Casey and Jason Dufner on the Masters bubble (world golf rankings 48 - 50)

Dufner playing this week in TX, Donald and Casey not, they all could get bumped from Augusta.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

Those hushed tones, the piano, the harps, the azaleas in bloom, the arrival of spring...a tradition like no other.

Tee times= around 8 am. Thurs-Fri TV coverage 4 -7 pm. 'I hope you enjoy our extended coverage'. Signed Billy Payne in @ss :moon: :rage:

Edited by RushCanuck

Goose will be happy Jimmy Walker has the 36 hole lead. What's this, Lefty is contending? (good if you're a Phil fan :hi: ). Martin Kaymer, defending Players and US Open champion is at +16 and not yet done his round... Projected cut is currently at +6. :o
  • Like 2

Goose will be happy Jimmy Walker has the 36 hole lead. What's this, Lefty is contending? (good if you're a Phil fan :hi: ). Martin Kaymer, defending Players and US Open champion is at +16 and not yet done his round... Projected cut is currently at +6. :o

Yep a Jimmy Walker sighting during the "real PGA tour" season. Sweet. Mr. Delaet is still disappointing big-time :( ...

Yep a Jimmy Walker sighting during the "real PGA tour" season. Sweet. Mr. Delaet is still disappointing big-time :( ...

:LOL: Mr. December makes a rare March appearance!

Now if he can do it in April, that would be...(you know the rest!)

• Like 1

+6 cut and only 14 players under par. My pool players took it on the chin. I had 15 players on Thursday, but only 3 made the cut. My Canadian players in particular. ..what's wrong with DeLaet? + 15 yikes, not even close. ..

Jimmy Walker played a solid round yesterday. I agree with a few comments about him showing up in March. I didn't pick him for my team. He won 3 times (I think) last year in lesser 'fall finish' tournaments. Perhaps not picking him was a mistake? He sure looked like a world class player yesterday. My question is, does he have the game to complete at a major?

• Like 1

Holy chit, GOLF just showed every shot simultaneously on the tracer - in red white and blue over water on the par three third.

Had they used some green, I swear those lines would look like the Xanadu or Red Sector A light show!

• Like 1

+6 cut and only 14 players under par. My pool players took it on the chin. I had 15 players on Thursday, but only 3 made the cut. My Canadian players in particular. ..what's wrong with DeLaet? + 15 yikes, not even close. ..

Jimmy Walker played a solid round yesterday. I agree with a few comments about him showing up in March. I didn't pick him for my team. He won 3 times (I think) last year in lesser 'fall finish' tournaments. Perhaps not picking him was a mistake? He sure looked like a world class player yesterday. My question is, does he have the game to complete at a major?

Yes Mr. Delaet is quite the disappointment. If you had been around here last spring I had predicted great things for him last season. Didn't make the same mistake this year. It can't be just a balky putter at this point. I know he had some injuries but so to did Miss Canuck's boy Jason Day and he is priming himself already for another fine season. I hope he gets that major this year. I really like him, his game and attitude alot... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

Looks like another bogeyfest today if the early scores are any indication. Hardly anyone that has played a decent amount holes is under par or even. Lots of guys well over par though... :eh:

I consider Jimmy Walker an elite player. Don't forget, he lost in a playoff in Hawaii and won the next week... Those were both in January this year. He performed well at the Ryder Cup. He had distance, putting, and Butch Harmon as a coach, and it would be wonderful if he won a major.

I also wonder why Graham DeLaet is doing so poorly. Maybe he should ditch the beard...

• Like 1

Johnny Miller is missing in action from the NBC coverage this week..

Yep. He only does the premier events. I wish Rolf was on the same schedule... :sigh:
  • Like 1

The best players on the PGA tour all put together and using their best score are STILL 10 strokes worse than Kim Jong Il's score on his very first round ever.

These guys are good? Don't think so....

The best players on the PGA tour all put together and using their best score are STILL 10 strokes worse than Kim Jong Il's score on his very first round ever.

These guys are good? Don't think so....

But Kim Jong is a big hitter isn't he? Long...

I consider Jimmy Walker an elite player. Don't forget, he lost in a playoff in Hawaii and won the next week... Those were both in January this year. He performed well at the Ryder Cup. He had distance, putting, and Butch Harmon as a coach, and it would be wonderful if he won a major.

I also wonder why Graham DeLaet is doing so poorly. Maybe he should ditch the beard...

Jimmy did do great on the Ryder Cup team. Jimmy cooks...Jimmy swings...he's got the look...

Oh, Jimmy...he's the King. :dweez:

• Like 1