Why Does Everything Else Suck?

sullysue

QUOTE (physics23 @ Aug 1 2005, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 1 2005, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 1 2005, 06:55 PM)
There is nothing wrong with you SS.  Here is what it is in a nutshell:

YOU GET IT!!!!

That's all it is.  I have the same "problem".  My friends get in the car & ask "Don't you have anything besides Rush to listen to?"  "Ummm, no.  Why do I need anythign else?"  Actually I do have other stuff, but I have 3 cd cases in my car, one for Rush & one for everything else. tongue.gif

ps: I am little obsessed so my opinion may not be valid

That only 2 cd cases. What's the third one for?

Digital_Man sometimes has problems with third things: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=8098&st=43.

You kind of have to pokey.gif to get it out of him...

(Although you might prefer the bd.gif method.)

Actually I thought I had edited this one back to 2. Thanks Sully for being so vigilant. cool.gif

Why does everything else suck??

Because it does....Roll the bones!!!!!!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (physics23 @ Aug 2 2005, 12:20 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 1 2005, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 1 2005, 06:55 PM)
There is nothing wrong with you SS.  Here is what it is in a nutshell:

YOU GET IT!!!!

That's all it is.  I have the same "problem".  My friends get in the car & ask "Don't you have anything besides Rush to listen to?"  "Ummm, no.  Why do I need anythign else?"  Actually I do have other stuff, but I have 3 cd cases in my car, one for Rush & one for everything else. tongue.gif

ps: I am little obsessed so my opinion may not be valid

That only 2 cd cases. What's the third one for?

Digital_Man sometimes has problems with third things: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=8098&st=43.

You kind of have to pokey.gif to get it out of him...

(Although you might prefer the bd.gif method.)

ohmy.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I'm having a hard time falling back asleep after my 2-year-old came in, pounded me in the head with her cup and said, "MILK!" I can sleep soundly now, knowing I'm not THE craziest person here.

smile.gif

schla03.gif

You know you're the best, Digi. wub.gif

I've put some bands through burnout:

Pink Floyd - Listening to them has never been the same.

The Who - I've fullly recovered.

Rush - I've fully recovered and rediscovered them.

I decided about a year ago to keep things fresh and to listen in moderation.

No stupid stories about gettin' laid, gettin' drunk

It wasn't then!

and if I get him drunk enough, we will talk all night about them

But it is now laugh.gif

trink39.gif

Ah... this has happened to me many a time. I'm in a RUSH only phase right now actually. That's why I'm on the board so frikkin' much. LOL. When i first really discovered RUSH, I was blown away by the lyrics first, then the music. Then there was a music phase for me. I just know they've always been a huge mature relief in a sea of immature music. Funny, because i'm far from a mature guy. I guess that i just never saw the value of all the sex, drugs, rock and roll bands and all the pointless lyrics and soloing. In various times of my life, i've made mistakes. There was a few year period when i thought Van-Halen were gods, and for what they were... they still fill a need, but GODS??? Let's be real. Then during my 80's metal years... OH GOD... can we just forget my 80's metal years??? LOL. God, how my friends get pissed that i don't listen to CRUE and QUIET RIOT anymore. LOL. When all those hair bands get together again and tour, they all go to the shows and then i just bust all their asses for it. I figure if a band can't put out new material, they ain't getting my money to see them do a ball-less version of their old "hits". Rush just always deserved my respect. They did nothing to embarrass fans of metal. Sometimes they may have been too deep for their own good, but it all worked out quite well, doncha' think? So i empathize with you greatly on your feelings that everything sucks because MOST of it does. If you want to find something that will turn you on again, try TOOL. They have much the same feel that RUSH has. Amazing musicianship and virtuosity combined with serious, incredible lyrics. Another band worth checking out is CHEVELLE. I can't personally get enough of their second album. Very reminiscent of my teen years discovering RUSH. And for a old blast... put on Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime. And in any kind of musical rut... THE WALL never dissapoints. But if all you want to do is listen to RUSH, don't worry about it. Think of all the mindless dweebs who only want to listen to AEROSMITH.

Just wanted to add... if it's an emotional thing, there's nothing better when you're down than any TYPE O NEGATIVE CD. If it's relationships then OCTOBER RUST is a good call. Wow... i can remember only listening to that for about 3 months straight. Didn't help the mood i was in, but it was awesome. LOL. But i can put them in that small list of comparable bands. I think Pete Steele is brilliant in a very warped way. Though he does write about sex and drugs, he definitely puts a new twist on all of it. Very cool.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 2 2005, 08:34 PM)
Key Lime Pie drool1.gif drool1.gif

http://www.pastrywiz.com/dailyrecipes/images/265.jpg

Ooooh Dweez you rock! That would be my favorite pie! drool1.gif

Go to Random Samples and vote for your favorite pie!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 2 2005, 07:32 PM)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/images-1.jpg

Cow Pie no.gif

That's some nasty poo. 062802puke_prv.gif

Anyone remember that "hit". Yippy Yi Yay....Cow Patty. ?

That's all I remember of that song...not even sure if that's the name of it confused13.gif

This is good cow pie:

http://www.eskie.net/superior/candy/images/cowpie_1c.jpg

QUOTE (DoubleAgent420 @ Aug 2 2005, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 2 2005, 08:34 PM)
Key Lime Pie drool1.gif drool1.gif

http://www.pastrywiz.com/dailyrecipes/images/265.jpg

Ooooh Dweez you rock! That would be my favorite pie! drool1.gif

The Best Key Lime Pie is at Olivia's, at the Old Key West Resort at Walt Disney World in Florida.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 2 2005, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 1 2005, 03:22 PM)
.05 cents please.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0116902/images/2003/12/29/Lucy.jpg

Sounds like a bad case of RUSH overdose. Lucy would recommend purge yourself by listening to the radio. 062802puke_prv.gif There feel better ? Now you realize how great your'e addiction is and a perfectly healthy one at that! Listen to HEMISPHERES and call me in the morning... laugh.gif (Cake is good also, CHOCOLATE drool1.gif )

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Aug 1 2005, 06:08 PM)
<I might suggest listening to something that is not Rush-like at all. Maybe folk, like Harry Chapin, Or perhaps some jazz or classical.

One idea is to go to the library and close your eyes and pick 4-5 CD's at random. Bring those home and listen carefully to what the musicians are trying to do. It's actually how I got "unstuck". I brought home something from The Empire Brass, a Charlie Parker, A Dvorak and an Aaron Copland. I liked them all.>

I'd go further. Seek out some really obscure stuff, something Pakistani or Amazon, something with ouds or duduks. It just might hit the spot.

QUOTE (physics23 @ Aug 3 2005, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Aug 1 2005, 06:08 PM)
<I might suggest listening to something that is not Rush-like at all. Maybe folk, like Harry Chapin, Or perhaps some jazz or classical.

One idea is to go to the library and close your eyes and pick 4-5 CD's at random. Bring those home and listen carefully to what the musicians are trying to do. It's actually how I got "unstuck". I brought home something from The Empire Brass, a Charlie Parker, A Dvorak and an Aaron Copland. I liked them all.>

I'd go further. Seek out some really obscure stuff, something Pakistani or Amazon, something with ouds or duduks. It just might hit the spot.

Ouds or duduks? unsure.gif Yeah, I'll look into that, Physics. Thanks. biggrin.gif

You know, thinking back, maybe a RUSH BOARD wasn't the best place to seek objective opinions on this. But, I say, screw it. It's the best music I'm going to find anywhere. So, I'll just wallow in my obsession, enjoying every second. And, as far as the "Alex Thing" goes... so what? I think I have good taste. It could be worse... I could be into Scott Stapp 062802puke_prv.gif

of the time i spend listening to music, which is a lot, i think at least 90 to 95 percent of it is Rush. i would be fine if that is all i could listen to. but i feel the same way as the topic starter, i feel that everything else sucks, and after listening to another band for like 20 minutes or so im like.....man....i want to listen to signals right now, for example. but i think there is a lot of good music out there, but none better than rush. they just weave the fabric of my dreams!!

This is something I've been thinking about over the last couple of weeks. I'm seriously concerned. But, I suspect I'm not alone. So, perhaps it IS time for that support group.

Aaron Copland.

yes.gif AARON COPLAND, Great American composer famous for the music to the BEEF IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER commercial! Seriously great stuff "Appalachian Spring" As American as apple pie. (Had to stay with the theme of this thread) "Fanfare for the Common Man" simply fantastic. His music evokes images of a Norman Rockwell painting. Good choice to deviate from the RUSH.(If you feel it's necessary) smile.gif

goodpost.gif Once again I find myself agreeing with THE TREES. RUSH certainly is very different from any other band and that is exactly why we all like them so much the fact that they are so DIFFERENT.SULLY SUE you really have nothing to worry about as I myself listen to about 90% RUSH because they just do it for me in every way possible. Those three guys have been an enormous part of my life for the last 25 years and when im happy I listen to 2.gif when i'm sad I listen to 2.gif they are very emotional and an inspiration to my everyday life. I could not imagine a day or two without listening to them . Songs seem to fill my head when i'm faced with life's challenges and everyday things but I certainly hope that I am not losing it. Sure I listen to other music and someof it I like but I always go back to 2.gif because they are just so unique trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif goodpost.gif

Archived