Why Does Everything Else Suck?

sullysue

QUOTE (softfilter @ Aug 4 2005, 12:56 AM)
This is something I've been thinking about over the last couple of weeks. I'm seriously concerned. But, I suspect I'm not alone. So, perhaps it IS time for that support group.

Aaron Copland.

yes.gif AARON COPLAND, Great American composer famous for the music to the BEEF IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER commercial! Seriously great stuff "Appalachian Spring" As American as apple pie. (Had to stay with the theme of this thread) "Fanfare for the Common Man" simply fantastic. His music evokes images of a Norman Rockwell painting. Good choice to deviate from the RUSH.(If you feel it's necessary) smile.gif

I'm a fan of Billy The Kid as well biggrin.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the thing...everybody has to listen to what's right for them. I myself cannot listen to any band for too long without growing bored, so I don't overdo it on any band. But if all you want to listen to is Rush, then just listen to Rush until you burn out on it.

While I've resigned myself to my Rush obession, I'm trying to listen to my other CDs. I'm listening to The Police-Every Breath You Take: The Classics. All remastered singles. Invisible Sun is on, and I forgot how cool this song was. Anyway, I'm working my way towards other stuff. What are your thoughts on Porcupine Tree? I've heard a lot about them, but not any of their music.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 4 2005, 12:20 PM)
While I've resigned myself to my Rush obession, I'm trying to listen to my other CDs. I'm listening to The Police-Every Breath You Take: The Classics. All remastered singles. Invisible Sun is on, and I forgot how cool this song was. Anyway, I'm working my way towards other stuff. What are your thoughts on Porcupine Tree? I've heard a lot about them, but not any of their music.

OMG SOOOOOOOOO DAMN GOOD! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 4 2005, 07:26 PM)

OMG SOOOOOOOOO DAMN GOOD! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Um.... Allrighty then. Note to self: Get a Porcupine Tree CD or D might loose it. tongue.gif

Which one?

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 4 2005, 08:51 PM)
In Absentia

Ok. I got this. They're probably the best band I've heard in a really long time. Incredible.

I also got Spock's Beard - Feel Euphoria. I haven't listened to it yet, just the 30 sec. samples on iTunes. But, they sound really good too.

So, I'm getting there. I did fall asleep last night with Hemispheres on my MP3 player, though! oops.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 4 2005, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 4 2005, 07:26 PM)

Um.... Allrighty then. Note to self: Get a Porcupine Tree CD or D might loose it. tongue.gif

Which one?

LOL well I have "In Absentia"

soooo good! biggrin.gif The new one is good too!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 7 2005, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 4 2005, 08:51 PM)
In Absentia

Ok. I got this. They're probably the best band I've heard in a really long time. Incredible.

I also got Spock's Beard - Feel Euphoria. I haven't listened to it yet, just the 30 sec. samples on iTunes. But, they sound really good too.

So, I'm getting there. I did fall asleep last night with Hemispheres on my MP3 player, though! oops.gif

YAY! biggrin.gif

Archived