Winter 2014-2015

Aikenrooster

The predicted low for tomorrow morning where I live has been changed back to 6 degrees. And for Friday morning -- 0 degrees!

0 degrees is almost unheard of in SC. Records will be falling for sure, if that prediction holds. We shall see.

Found out earlier this evening that the cold side of my kitchen sink pipe is apparently frozen. Just great. Tried putting a heater next to the open door under the sink, but no luck.

Have you tried hitting it with a hair dryer?

The pipe itself is warm now under the sink, but still nothing, I think it must be frozen down in the wall further.

1. How many times did you have to hit the pipe with the hair dryer?

2. Don't you now have to buy a new hair dryer?

• Like 1

Found out earlier this evening that the cold side of my kitchen sink pipe is apparently frozen. Just great. Tried putting a heater next to the open door under the sink, but no luck.

Have you tried hitting it with a hair dryer?

The pipe itself is warm now under the sink, but still nothing, I think it must be frozen down in the wall further.

1. How many times did you have to hit the pipe with the hair dryer?

2. Don't you now have to buy a new hair dryer?

Never did use the hair dryer. It was frozen down below the floor of the sink. The kitchen sink is in a Florida Window, so it juts out from the house, so that's why it froze. Had to have the plumber come and unblock it. He used a machine with clamps that looked like car jumper cables to thaw it out. Pretty cool.

I just heard on my local news this morning that it's in the 40s right now in Anchorage, Alaska.

:huh:

I wonder if troutman will be heading to the beach for some spring-like fishing.

• Like 2

I just heard on my local news this morning that it's in the 40s right now in Anchorage, Alaska.

That's a major heat wave!

• Like 1

:LOL:

Yeah,

It was really nice yesterday. No fishing, more like picking up dog sh**! :P

• Like 1

Yeah,

Ahhh, you are living the dream, brother.

• Like 1

Yeah,

Ahhh, you are living the dream, brother.

Get out of here, Siberian Express. :boo hiss: We don't want your nasty frigid face around here anymore. Go home!

:( ....
  • Like 1

It's supposed to get down to -13 tonight and that's just the temperature, not the wind chill. I didn't know I lived in Siberia.

:( .... Its cold here too. Its supposed to be around 20 overnight :outtahere:
  • Like 1

It's supposed to get down to -13 tonight and that's just the temperature, not the wind chill. I didn't know I lived in Siberia.

You know if it's cold in SC that the Midwest/East has got to be in a deep freeze.

You know if it's cold in SC that the Midwest/East has got to be in a deep freeze.

This morning, the entire state is in the teens or single digits, except for a few places on the coast which are in the low 20s. At my place, the temp is currently 6 degrees -- not quite the extreme that had been predicted earlier, but quite cold enough for me, thank you.

The cold is reaching so far south that most of the state of Florida is below freezing,.

• Like 1

This morning, the entire state is in the teens or single digits, except for a few places on the coast which are in the low 20s. At my place, the temp is currently 6 degrees -- not quite the extreme that had been predicted earlier, but quite cold enough for me, thank you.

The cold is reaching so far south that most of the state of Florida is below freezing,.

It is pretty damn cold for here for sure. Won't last long however. Rarely does. Grab that coffee and bathrobe and you will be just fine. The shrinkage will be of epic proportions however I have a feeling... :)
  • Like 1

It was eleven below zero when I arrived at work today (8:00 AM Eastern).

Last night when I got home, it was about five above, but the sun was shining. It actually felt kind of balmy.

• Like 2

It was eleven below zero when I arrived at work today (8:00 AM Eastern).

Last night when I got home, it was about five above, but the sun was shining. It actually felt kind of balmy.

Its amazing what a few degrees one way or the other feels like.

Edited by troutman

Winter storm QUANTUM!!!!!!

Looks like Freezing Rain tonight and tomorrow, maybe some snow, sleet etc. I should be fishing in a tee shirt and shorts right now

In the low 60's here today and damp and supposed to be in the low 40's overnight. For the rest of the week however the highs are supposed to be 45 give or take a few and the lows around 30 or just above. Those temps are not unusual for around here this time of year but it is unusual for it to last for an entire week...