• 80s
    • Love both
    • Hate both
    • I refrained from voting to protest too many polls
    • None of your business

80's. no thought involved.

Mick

But I thought you loved Hemispheres?

He likes the entire (PeW included) 80's (except maybe GuP), whereas in the 70's he only likes CoS and Hemi.

Len, if you don't mind me asking, do you keep notes on everyone here? How do you retain all of these details about what every member here likes/dislikes?

• Like 1

Mick

He likes the entire (PeW included) 80's (except maybe GuP), whereas in the 70's he only likes CoS and Hemi.

Len, if you don't mind me asking, do you keep notes on everyone here? How do you retain all of these details about what every member here likes/dislikes?

I just have a good memory :D

Honestly, I don't know how I remember these things, but I do. There was one unfortunate incident when I said RAA/Brucey didn't like Hemispheres however... :)

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 1

Mick

:LOL: He must. I have a good memory still and I have a general idea but not like he does. He can probably tell me what I like... :blink:
  • Like 1

Mick

That's........creepy, lol

Mick

• Like 3

Mick

Mick

He did forget the fact that Mick enjoys the debut.... :)

Mick

Mick

Yea.......yea i do............Roxy Music's debut is AWESOME :laughing guy:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Mick

Mick

Mick

I was talking about Van Halen.... :huh:
  • Like 2

Mick

Mick

Mick

I thought you meant Led Zeppelin ;)
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

I thought you meant Led Zeppelin ;)

Either or....

Still no contest. They were obviously better in the 70s, overall, then they were in 90s. But how do you get around PeW, MP and Signals? Still, in my mind, the band's three best albums. PeW and MP are in the running for the best studio albums by anyone. Ever.

I honestly do agree with you 100% about this. The only thing I can think is that they were still riding the seventies' crest with PeW, MP and Signals and then crashed.

• Like 3

Still no contest. They were obviously better in the 70s, overall, then they were in 90s. But how do you get around PeW, MP and Signals? Still, in my mind, the band's three best albums. PeW and MP are in the running for the best studio albums by anyone. Ever.

I honestly do agree with you 100% about this. The only thing I can think is that they were still riding the seventies' crest with PeW, MP and Signals and then crashed.

I remember reading an interview from the GUP era where Alex said he was really into the Edge and stuff like that. After Signals they started following trends instead of being themselves, IMO. I can find something I like in all their albums, but if my first exposure to Rush was HYF, I probably wouldn't be posting here today.

• Like 3

I remember reading an interview from the GUP era where Alex said he was really into the Edge and stuff like that. After Signals they started following trends instead of being themselves, IMO. I can find something I like in all their albums, but if my first exposure to Rush was HYF, I probably wouldn't be posting here today.

I think this is about the time Alex decided not to be like the Edge.

But imagine NWW if this was Alex and not the Edge.

Just because there influences were different in the 80s doesn't necessarily mean they were "following trends". An argument could be made that they always "followed trends".
  • Like 3

Yeah, I had always thought of PeW and MP as the culmination of their evolution through their classic period. With Signals they started to reinvent themselves but Terry was restraining them. GUP was an all out reinvention but they still had Terry Brown fumes in the tank. With PoW and HYF it was an all new Rush.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

Yeah, I had always thought of PeW and MP as the culmination of their evolution through their classic period. With Signals they started to reinvent themselves but Terry was restraining them. GUP was an all out reinvention but they still had Terry Brown fumes in the tank. With PoW and GUP it was an all new Rush.

I wish they would bring Terry Brown back for their next album.

• Like 1