Do you have a Rush ringtone?

G Lee

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Rush ringtone?

• Yep
    • Nope

I don't have a tone or a phone and if I did I wouldn't listen to it, or whatever you do with it, because they sound like Minnie Mouse versions of tunes, which is to say they sound shit.

I don't know what kind of phones you have had, but they sound great on my iphone. They're the actual song.

I have quite a few of them on my phone, from different parts of Xanadu, The Big Money, YYZ, La Villa or Cygnus X-1.

A phone is about 3 or 4 inches long, what kind of sound are you gonna get out of that? Not exactly gonna crush your skull is it?

I don't own a phone or a tone either, but "skull crushing" isn't exactly what you're going for when you pick out the noise your phone makes when people call it

• Like 1

Depending on who is calling, the main riff of YYZ, the first verse of Tom Sawyer, the chorus of Ghost of a Chance will play which covers 98% of all incoming calls. The opening of Spirit of Radio plays for any number that doesn't belong to one of those people.

When our band's bassist texts me, the opening from Seven Cities of Gold plays.

Nice bass line in that opening!

I got La Villa Strangiato a long time ago, and have never really bothered to change it. I have a really old phone and the price just to see the ring tone purchase page is quite high.

I have had Far Cry on my phone since 2008 as the number for people I don't know (that was the only song Rush song I had purchased through iTunes (and therefore could make a free ringtone out of it)). This thread lead me to see what I could do now, and I'm happy to see that there is a free app that converts any song to a ringtone. Just added Time Stand Still for a very close friend who loves that song and whom I don't see enough of, and the beginning of the second part of the Necromancer for calls from work.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

I have had Far Cry on my phone since 2008 as the number for people I don't know (that was the only song Rush song I had purchased through iTunes (and therefore could make a free ringtone out of it)). This thread lead me to see what I could do now, and I'm happy to see that there is a free app that converts any song to a ringtone. Just added Time Stand Still for a very close friend who loves that song and whom I don't see enough of, and the beginning of the second part of the Necromancer for calls from work.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Tai Shan. Those opening synths would be great for a ring tone.

And if you know a lot of Chinese people just use the "when china sang to me" parts...

• Like 1

I have a few actually, depending on who is calling.

My main RT is the intro to TSOR.

My wife's is Brown Eyed Girl (not Rush)

My daughter's is Camera Eye solo - her favorite Rush song

My son's is the theme to Mario Brothers

My brother's is the A-Team theme - our favorite show growing up

Then I have random friends and family using other Rush songs like Natty Sci, Limelight, Xanadu and Hemispheres.

If I could find it....it would be "Leave That Thing Alone". Say where can one go to get a RUSH ringtone? This new Samsung ringtones aren't the best choices.

If I could find it....it would be "Leave That Thing Alone". Say where can one go to get a RUSH ringtone? This new Samsung ringtones aren't the best choices.

I just make my own. Use a sound editor to create the clip you want and load it onto the phone using USB or whatever method you prefer to get the file onto your phone.... bluetooth, email, text, whatever

I just make my own. Use a sound editor to create the clip you want and load it onto the phone using USB or whatever method you prefer to get the file onto your phone.... bluetooth, email, text, whatever

This is what I do as well.

Headlong Flight is my main ringtone. I got extremely lucky. I have been a Salesman for over 20 years. I downloaded Spirit Of Radio for my texts alerts and it automatically loaded " Salesman" very cool.

For the iPhone, there are several free apps which allow you to make ringtones from any music in your library. It must be the same on android.