Who made you feel "at home" on TRF when you first joined?

Lorraine

I think two guys who helped me feel like I belong was Rushman 14 and I can't remember the user name for the other guy. His name is Chris, and he was nuts! He lived in Ontario and drove a Jeep. Anyways, lots of good times with both of them in the infamous "That's It" thread. Ahhh....Good days. :)

I also remember Ghost Girl creating a congratulatory thread for me when I became a Super Conductor. That made me really feel like I belonged here. :D

Thanks bro, The feeling is mutual :)

Are you thinking about RedTamas?

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 1

I think two guys who helped me feel like I belong was Rushman 14 and I can't remember the user name for the other guy. His name is Chris, and he was nuts! He lived in Ontario and drove a Jeep. Anyways, lots of good times with both of them in the infamous "That's It" thread. Ahhh....Good days. :)

I also remember Ghost Girl creating a congratulatory thread for me when I became a Super Conductor. That made me really feel like I belonged here. :D

No, it wasn't Tamas. It just came to me!!! :haz: It was Godeater2112! Damn I miss him (and Tamas as well. Love Tamas dry sense of humor). Chris was nuts. I loved that guys sense of humor and his energy.
  • Like 1

No, it wasn't Tamas. It just came to me!!! :haz: It was Godeater2112! Damn I miss him (and Tamas as well. Love Tamas dry sense of humor). Chris was nuts. I loved that guys sense of humor and his energy.

Oh yeah Godeater!! he was awesome :haz:

• Like 1

Be careful, Segue. You have no idea what he may have added to those cupcakes.

When I was in the Air Force, we had a shop chief who would scarf down any food that people brought in. Free food, he was all over it. Someone decided to have a little fun at his expense, and made chocolate cupcakes with Ex-Lax frosting. He put them out in the break room, and sure enough, the shop chief was on them cupcakes like stink on a monkey. He ate two of them, and within the hour, he was enjoying a colon cleansing. :LOL: He never knew what had happened to him. :LMAO:
  • Like 2

When I was in the Air Force, we had a shop chief who would scarf down any food that people brought in. Free food, he was all over it. Someone decided to have a little fun at his expense, and made chocolate cupcakes with Ex-Lax frosting. He put them out in the break room, and sure enough, the shop chief was on them cupcakes like stink on a monkey. He ate two of them, and within the hour, he was enjoying a colon cleansing. :LOL: He never knew what had happened to him. :LMAO:

My brother was in the Air Force too, but that was the very late fifties/early sixties. He was stationed in Myrtle Beach. He took from his time in the AF a love for flying airplanes (he had a license and eventually bought his own plane) and training dogs.

Not to be a bummer, but the anniversary of his death is coming up in two weeks. He died way too young, and I miss him so much.

• Like 2

My brother was in the Air Force too, but that was the very late fifties/early sixties. He was stationed in Myrtle Beach. He took from his time in the AF a love for flying airplanes (he had a license and eventually bought his own plane) and training dogs.

Not to be a bummer, but the anniversary of his death is coming up in two weeks. He died way too young, and I miss him so much.

:( :hug2:

• Like 1

I still think we should get TRF t-shirts. And maybe hoodies (it will remind everyone of that totally awesome tune T4E :)).

I'd proudly wear mine. Undoubtedly, I'd be the envy of the Pacific Northwest. Speaking of my area, I checked through music cds this morning. Would you believe they didn't have one, NOT ONE!!!!!!!, Rush album? I'm not kidding. Not one.

I want a TRF t-shirt!!.... :rage:

Shirts good, :ebert:

Hoodies not!! :no: :P

Hopefully it will look as good on me as is does ladyrushfan80..... :cool:

That day will be the day that Hell freezes over! :LOL:

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 2

Well, the people that stand out as welcoming when I first joined - GeddysMullet, rushgoober, LedRush and Ghost of a Rider. All great people

Of course there are many more I have gotten to know and are awesome as well, but those were the ones I remember at first

• Like 1

For me it was blackhawkrush, ILSnowdog, and laughedatbytime.

For me it was bhr, ILS, lerxt1990, and some damned teatard whose name escapes me.

• Like 1

Actually Rushgoober was very nice to me for the brief time he was here when I arrived. His leaving and my arrival weren't to far apart but he seemed to see some things musically like I did......

Actually Rushgoober was very nice to me for the brief time he was here when I arrived. His leaving and my arrival weren't to far apart but he seemed to see some things musically like I did......

I'm still baffled why Goobs bailed.

• Like 1

I've always kinda felt like an outsider here but that's probably my own doing somehow.. I will say that I collectively like pretty much everyone here. Good people keeps me coming back :)

There is one thing I found a tad frustrating for the first couple years: acronyms!! When you're not used to hearing Rush songs shortened to "TMMB" or "TWTWB" it's hard to follow the discussion ;)

Blame Ron Howard, Michael Jackson, and Pope Francis

Or a certain poster from a small town in Tennessee... ;)

• Like 1

I didn't know the thread would last 80+pages and net almost 20,000 hits.

I didn't know the thread would last 80+pages and net almost 20,000 hits.

From what I've seen you kinda kept it going...

I don't know. I still don't feel at home here.

Big virtual hug from me then. (Can't do the cute little emoticon from my iPhone lol)

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 1

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: Edited by MMCXII

Big virtual hug from me then. (Can't do the cute little emoticon from my iPhone lol)

It's "hug2": :hug2:

Surround it by colons: : hug2 : without the spaces

Not sure what "we" need to do Ms Eaglemoon. Maybe you just will never feel "at home" here. Hope to be wrong though... :huh: :rose: Edited by Narpski

I think it's because he fell in love with the Vapor Trails remix and is still choking down his giant plate of crow :)

• Like 1

It's "hug2": :hug2:

Surround it by colons: : hug2 : without the spaces

Not sure what "we" need to do Ms Eaglemoon. Maybe you just will never feel "at home" here. Hope to be wrong though... :huh: :rose:

Thanks. I appreciate that. :)

• Like 1