Who made you feel "at home" on TRF when you first joined?

Lorraine

Is there still a pinned thread somewhere here on the forum for new members to introduce themselves? Seems like I posted in that one when I first came around, so I'd have to go look at that. But it seems to me that LyndseyG was very nice to me, as well as CygnusGal, and one other person, who I haven't seen post in forever, called 1 of the 7.

I don't think I've ever really posted often enough to establish a personality here, especially early on. I've encountered some good people here along the way (I won't name you specifically, but you know who you are- yeah, you)...and I've made a life-long best friend here as well, which just blows me away.

I wasn't here in the early days of the forum, so I can't speak for the good old days, or whatever. But I'm very, very grateful for what being here has done for me. :heart:

• Like 8

If memory serves,

The first person to greet me was Alsgalpal. :D :hug2: We actually ended up meeting a few years after that. I never had a problem fitting in. But SOCN was always an interesting experience. :LOL: Used to get in to some heated discussions over there. Ended up actually getting along with a few folks. :cool:

You should try it again. It's HILARIOUS over there.

:bang bang:

• Like 1

If memory serves,

The first person to greet me was Alsgalpal. :D :hug2: We actually ended up meeting a few years after that. I never had a problem fitting in. But SOCN was always an interesting experience. :LOL: Used to get in to some heated discussions over there. Ended up actually getting along with a few folks. :cool:

No thanks,

I will waste my time wasting it on some thing worth wasting. :LOL:

• Like 3

If memory serves,

No thanks,

You'd think after 6 years, I would learn that same lesson.

• Like 1

If memory serves,

No thanks,

You'd think after 6 years, I would learn that same lesson.

Well,

It's a habit that is hard to break. :D

• Like 1

A few people have me on "ignore" so I must be doing something right.

I think the trick to surviving on a message board is not to seek welcome but to avoid being made to feel unwelcome. Not something I'm great at mind but it's the price you pay for being yourself sometimes.

• Like 4

I think the trick to surviving on a message board is not to seek welcome but to avoid being made to feel unwelcome. Not something I'm great at mind but it's the price you pay for being yourself sometimes.

:goodone: I think it shocks some when you are actually being yourself. Folks just don't or won't believe it. I am cynical too about many things so I guess I have to "get it" that folks think you or anyone else is just putting on.....

How do you know you're on ignore?

I don't put many people on ignore, there are only 2. I know people have Reb on ignore too, but he can be entertaining in the absurdity sometimes, and I really like reading what you have to say Tony. I think I agree with you more than most in SOCN, and you are one of the people I would love to buy a beer sometime. Edited by Lost In Xanadu

I know I am. I think at least two. If a regular member never quotes you or ever "likes" even one post of yours what else would you think?.... :LOL:

I know I am. I think at least two. If a regular member never quotes you or ever "likes" even one post of yours what else would you think?.... :LOL:

Why would someone put you on ignore? You're probably the most mellow poster on this forum. And that's not a bad thing.

• Like 2

If someone does that with me, I just figure they have absolutely no taste in the poetry of the written word

• Like 1

Who would even notice whether you are not being quoted? I'd never expect anyone to quote me. What's to quote? :LOL:

It is not like this is a Menses board. :cool:

What the hell is a Menses board?!?

Wait - I don't wanna know - almost dinner time!!

• Like 2

If someone does that with me, I just figure they have absolutely no taste in the poetry of the written word

I have toned down the "perv factor" somewhat since I joined here. You live, learn and adapt and post your @ss off.... :)

I have toned down the "perv factor" somewhat since I joined here. You live, learn and adapt and post your @ss off.... :)

holy crap - you have been posting! You've almost caught up to me :LOL:

I kinda just arrived.

Like...I entered this forum and y'all just either loved me quietly or forgot me immediately.

*sobsobsobsob*

holy crap - you have been posting! You've almost caught up to me :LOL:

Some of them are even good.... :D