Forum hoggng

Empty Mindless Spectre

Forum hogging  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it when members like savagegrace26 and entre_perpetuo attempt to dominate this forum by posting a dozen or so polls all at once?

I was just thinking about that last night. There should be a limit on number of threads you can start in a certain time period. The quality of threads in general has nose-dived since Rush has been on this hiatus. Painful to read the board at times.

I was just thinking about that last night. There should be a limit on number of threads you can start in a certain time period. The quality of threads in general has nose-dived since Rush has been on this hiatus. Painful to read the board at times.

Did that also coincide with me joining the forum?..... :cool:
  • Like 1

Hell no......when did you join? Eleven thousand posts....yowza. I'm a member of too many message boards to have that many posts on just one:)

Hell no......when did you join? Eleven thousand posts....yowza. I'm a member of too many message boards to have that many posts on just one:)

September 2013.... :LOL:
  • Like 2

I like reading a good discussion about certain albums but when the entire forum is made up of polls it turns me off and I tend to leave the main section.

This is my feeling about it too. It would be nice to have some civil discussions but it seems like too many threads devolve into people picking on each other. You would think that Rush fans would be a little more intellectual here than on something like (i.e.) an AC/DC forum.

• Like 2

there was no way to include more than three songs per poll in that format.

You could include 120 songs in a single thread if you checked "allow multiple votes". Yes or no for every choice rather than yes or no for the entire poll.

I'm far from an expert on poll threads, but I believe you can also have as many as 4 poll questions within each poll thread.

there was no way to include more than three songs per poll in that format.

You could include 120 songs in a single thread if you checked "allow multiple votes". Yes or no for every choice rather than yes or no for the entire poll.

I'm far from an expert on poll threads, but I believe you can also have as many as 4 poll questions within each poll thread.

3 polls x 40 choices per poll per thread

And no, I am not Zumbi, dammit!

I LOL'd at that!

I'm glad someone got it! I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the guy with the SCTV avatar would be the guy that remembers a 1980's SNL skit… :cheers:

That IS the best avatar on the board. Re getting your references, I bet I'm one of the few that got "No Kenny, YOU rock!" -- Chick Hicks, right? Have a 3 year-old that's watched Cars at least once a week for the last two years. Definitely could be much worse.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

Not being a d*ck here, mate, but do you have an idea how many people have posted your exact words over the years? When Rush is not touring or releasing records, there will always people moaning about "quality" and "painful to read". It's just the way it is: contribute with your creativity or don't read it.

• Like 3

And no, I am not Zumbi, dammit!

I LOL'd at that!

I'm glad someone got it! I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the guy with the SCTV avatar would be the guy that remembers a 1980's SNL skit… :cheers:

Yeah, Eddie Murphy's riffing on Gumbi was probably the best stuff coming out of the show in those years. As for my avatar, Guy and I share the same last name.

• Like 1

I think it sucks and prefer boredom. Just my opinion. Everyone else can enjoy them if they want. I will do something else...
  • Like 1

I guess polls are what people come up with when they can't think of anything better. It just gets boring repeating the same thing over and over.
  • Like 2

Do people depend on this place for entertainment or something and bitch when the "programming" isn't something they want to see? I don't know. I don't get it...

It's just boredom I guess.

I think it sucks and prefer boredom. Just my opinion. Everyone else can enjoy them if they want. I will do something else...

I hear masturbation is a popular hobby in the carolinas.

I am pretty sure it is everywhere. There goes 5 minutes and you are right back on the board again.... :huh:
  • Like 2

I hear masturbation is a popular hobby in the carolinas.

Says the guy who tried to use NWW as a dating site.

• Like 3

"A man will do most anything to keep his mind occupied"..... Red

http://www.moviequotesandmore.com/image-files/shawshank-redemption-quotes-5.jpg

• Like 1