Our Relationships with other forums.

Pars123

Nazis Nazis everywhere and not a drop to drink.

Don't mention the war. I did once, but I think I got away with it.

Greatest lines ever:

Is there something wrong?

Will you stop talking about the war?

Me? You started it!

We did not start it.

Yes, you did, you invaded Poland.

Fantastic!!!

• Like 2

Utter brilliance:

Oh, the war, oh, yes, completely slipped my mind, yes, I'd forgotten all about it.

Hitler, Himmler and all that lot, yes, completely forgotten it, just like that.

Sorry, what was it again? A prawn cocktail! Oh, yes, Eva Prawn, yes, and Goebbels too, another one I can hardly remember.

And a pickled herring.

Hermann Goering, yes, yes.

And Von Ribbentrop, that was another one.

And four cold meat salads, please.

Certainly, I'll just get your hors d'oeuvres, hors d'oeuvres which must be obeyed at all times without question.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Mr.

Fawlty, would you please call your wife immediately? Sybil! Sybil She's in the hospital, you silly girl.

Yes, call her there.

I can't, I've got too much to do.

Listen, don't mention the war.

I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.

So, it's all forgotten now and let's hear no more about it.

So, two eggs mayonnaise, a prawn goebbels, a herman goering, and four colditz salads.

Wait a moment, I got a bit confused here.

I got a bit confused 'cause everyone's mentioning the war.

So, could you what's the matter? It's all right.

Is there something wrong? Will you stop talking about the war? Me? You started it! We did not start it.

Yes, you did, you invaded Poland.

Here, blow, here, this'll cheer you up.

You'll like this one: There's this woman, she's completely stupid, she'd never remember anything, and her husband's in a bomber over Berlin, she'll love this one, she'll laugh - Leave her alone.

- No, this is a scream.

I have never seen anyone not laugh at this.

Go away! Look, she'll love it, she's German.

No, Mr.

Fawlty! - What? - Do Jimmy Cagney instead.

- What? - Jimmy Cagney.

Jimmy Cagney? You know, "You dirty rat.

" I can't do Jimmy Cagney.

Please try, "I'm going to get you.

" Shut up.

Here, watch.

Who's this then? I'll do the funny walk.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Will you stop talking about the war?"

"Me? You started it!"

"We did not start it."

"Yes, you did, you invaded Poland."

The best.

Great minds!

• Like 2

Also, the important reason: TRF has YBG.

What the devil is the YBG?

I'm sure 73 will find that amusing. He coined the term "Grinder Dudes".

Grinder Dudes? You wear pink assless chaps and cowboy hats?

• Like 2

Tis

Why on earth are you seemingly promoting a nazi?

Does having a picture of an important historical figure = promotion?

Yes. It implies you like and/or agree with the figure or sentiment in the photo.

Most people would not associate themselves with (photos of) people they do not like.

I never knew Herr Himmler so I can't say whether I would have liked him or not. I can say, unequivocally, that I don't agree with his stance on Jews. He's an important figure from the history of mankind and I chose to use that as my avatar. Plus in that picture, his face looks like he's not happy with something and the guy peeking over his shoulder is clearly interested in what's going on.

I also have a quote by Mohammed, does that make me Islamic too?

Edited by Fordgalaxy

No, but if that's what it takes for you to join the fraternity, it's ok with us. I mean, if you absolutely just have to wear something like that—go for it! We won't judge you

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

JARG is a shit-stirring little punk. That's why we banned him.

Did you ban him?

I think the term used at CP is "Spice cocked". Not sure where that comes from but it seems to fit the profane narrative they have going.

Unless you did/said something really heinous, in which case they ban you.

No, but if that's what it takes for you to join the fraternity, it's ok with us. I mean, if you absolutely just have to wear something like that—go for it! We won't judge you

Far be it from us to do so after what we have endured been through for the cause.

• Like 1

Far be it from us to do so after what we have endured been through for the cause.

You, above all know what's up. If Tony wants to flame, let us not hinder his whirling dervish, repressed alter ego. We'll take him. Love him. Nurture him.

• Like 1

As BowlCity said we have the YBG

Crazy Germans...the YBG us full of Besserwissers. Only on TRF do you find such an oddity.

Oddity, you say? Besserwissers? I always found the creme de la creme there. {tinkle tinkle tinkle]

Really? I thought we're all just losers on a website because we have no lives? So we're actually "winners"? Whew. Lorraine your optimistic outlook can remove even the darkest clouds

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

I'm curious, did you just join to make a post in reference to 1 member here saying that he heard CP had jerks on board?

I came over as Good Will Ambassador.

The kind who scowls at you and maybe flings poo (potentially his own) at the side of your house.

I have a pressure washer so it shouldn't be an issue. Aim for the wasp nests please.

That won't help. If the queen survives, they'll just rebuild.

Says the resident exterminator.

Have you seen his shit? Might be some heavy duty

Actually, yes I have!

Was it on the end of your...nevermind.

Nah, dude. If that were the case we'd be regulars here.

As BowlCity said we have the YBG

Crazy Germans...the YBG us full of Besserwissers. Only on TRF do you find such an oddity.

Oddity, you say? Besserwissers? I always found the creme de la creme there. {tinkle tinkle tinkle]

Really? I thought we're all just losers on a website because we have no lives? So we're actually "winners"? Whew. Lorraine your optimistic outlook can remove even the darkest clouds

:sundog: Just call me Miss Sunshine. Susie Sunshine of The Rush Forum. :cool:

• Like 2

Tis

Why on earth are you seemingly promoting a nazi?

Does having a picture of an important historical figure = promotion?

Yes. It implies you like and/or agree with the figure or sentiment in the photo.

Most people would not associate themselves with (photos of) people they do not like.

Actually, Himmler is just an interesting person because he had very strange attitudes. I have done some reading on him, and understanding comes from knowledge...I don't in any stretch of the imagination agree with his thought processes or views, I just find him interesting.

He was not banned. After the last crash in Feb of '13, he, like a lot of members change his username and waited for other members to figure it wa him. Most of us have. :codger:

I don't know any of these people. :wtf:

Which people?

You for one.

Shuttup Ted!

:gumby:

That you, TreeByrd? :smash:

Hey TRF, you up for trading one member for another, OldRushFan for Quantum?

Straightup.

No shit -

PM me if you`re interested.

Throw in a player to be named later and you got a deal.

Thanks for the 'interest', but I'm not going anywhere....I HATE moving (no one wants to HELP!) I like to visit, but not too much...I like this place a lot, but I like CP better....just a choice! :heart:

A little over a year ago I did a search for a Rush forum and took a peek. I can't say anything positive or negative about the people at CP, but the reason I didn't choose that place is because it is butt-ugly! I'm sorry, but I'm educated in a field of design and communication, am a lover of all things pleasing to the eyes, and CP doesn't cut it. Call me superficial if you want but I don't want to use that much energy ignoring an ugly design. :codger:

Not that this place is "beautiful", though it is a huge improvement, and I often think I should try and redesign it. But I love it here. At first I was all about Rush, but now I don't care much about that anymore. I like it here because of the people, the good and the bad. You are a bunch of interesting characters and despite differences of opinion I find it mostly civilized. It's not like discussions on Facebook or Youtube. And still no one on my ignore list :)

Had I gone with CP I'd probably have the same things to say but I ended up here, and I plan on staying here for a long time.

:)

Our former Admin, one of the founders of CP, Ken, was our 'designer' and did an excellent job. We have multiple 'themes' you can use on the site, and I like 'em! :P :D

Did you ban him?

I think the term used at CP is "Spice cocked". Not sure where that comes from but it seems to fit the profane narrative they have going.

I remember there used to be a thread on the 'spice-cocked' title on CP v.2.0, But that's all I remember.... :codger:

This is for Lerxt1990:http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Characters/av-montymonster.gif

See yas! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Hello/hiwave.gif

You guys still stuck with ronniegardocki over there? I can't even remember what his username was here, but I never have seen such a glutton for punishment. Either that or he's the absolute thickest individual to ever turn on a computer.
  • Like 1

You guys still stuck with ronniegardocki over there? I can't even remember what his username was here, but I never have seen such a glutton for punishment. Either that or he's the absolute thickest individual to ever turn on a computer.

That would be ORF, actually. ronniejusthadpuctuationandsyntaxissues.

• Like 1

If it's the same person, "Saint Ronnie" is on CP these days.....

It's Me only because you, JARG, Always The Winner, Rebel & A Runner, etc. like to try and 'get my goat'. (what they want my 'goat' for is up for speculation)...When they are not acting like Kindergarteners, I actually enjoy their posts, but they seem recently to just be in the mood to ^%*# with me.....go figure....no one in my 'real' life reacts like this...so it's not me, must be them. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Smilies/blink.gif

MitA is still around? What happened to his site?

I should have said: I've seen him on CP recently, and on FARCEbook, but I just tried to go to his former EXCELLENT site, but the 'server could not be found'...sorry for misleading you! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Smilies/handshake2.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

If it's the same person, "Saint Ronnie" is on CP these days.....

It's Me only because you, JARG, Always The Winner, Rebel & A Runner, etc. like to try and 'get my goat'. (what they want my 'goat' for is up for speculation)...When they are not acting like Kindergarteners, I actually enjoy their posts, but they seem recently to just be in the mood to ^%*# with me.....go figure....no one in my 'real' life reacts like this...so it's not me, must be them. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Smilies/blink.gif

MitA is still around? What happened to his site?

I should have said: I've seen him on CP recently, and on FARCEbook, but I just tried to go to his former EXCELLENT site, but the 'server could not be found'...sorry for misleading you! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Smilies/handshake2.gif

I miss his site! One of the all-time great Rush sites. I wish I'd saved more of those wacky sound files he had on there.

• Like 1

Notice we don't mock anyone else the way we do you, as well, though.

You act like a hyperactive twelve-year-old who just read The Cave for the first time, and we'll treat you like an overactive twelve=year-old who needs to chill out.

Also, apparently TRF is where we CPeeps go to air our dirty laundry. Go figure.

We really are the Jerry Springer show!

This is an interesting thread (and our companion thread over at CP)

It's an interesting world. As I said over there, the people on these boards aren't meat anymore. When the trinetters did this, it was straight out of "To Serve Man" a Twilight Zone episode (check it out, it's a classic!). Those of us that are left are doing this because we enjoy it. We like the semi anonymity of a message board, and frankly these days we use it to haggle over religion and politics, forbidden subjects in social media unless you want to lose your job and ruin your career. I appreciate you guys. You may have the longest sigs in the world, but you're all pretty cool.

• Like 1

Man, we haven't had a good ruckus on CP in 4-EVER... :moon:

No 2-word posts being used as argument bait, no transgressions by admins reaching out aggressively and illegally IRL, no dickhead moves like constantly posting gibberish in a conversational thread to prove a point... hee hee

Yea, the pussification of CP would be all but complete if it weren't for the fact that some of us bastids just refuse to go away quietly into the night. Knobheads of the world unite! DOH!

Edited by DarthLen
  • Like 1