Our Relationships with other forums.

Pars123

I joined this forum when I was 12 years old. I didn't know what a forum was until i was 13 so I joined in and I overreacted when people replied to my posts! Lolz, I met some great people here (Mr. IsNot, Tommy Sawyer, Babycat, USB Connector, danielmclark, Fridge, Pags, Mara, Hatchetaxesaw etc) I've always loved this forum and the people here.

I plan on staying as long as the internet doesn't shut down TRF for any reason. I love it here!

I'm curious, did you just join to make a post in reference to 1 member here saying that he heard CP had jerks on board?

I came over as Good Will Ambassador.

The kind who scowls at you and maybe flings poo (potentially his own) at the side of your house.

I have a pressure washer so it shouldn't be an issue. Aim for the wasp nests please.

That won't help. If the queen survives, they'll just rebuild.

Says the resident exterminator.

Have you seen his shit? Might be some heavy duty

Actually, yes I have!

So you've seen it twice?

I thinking was even in his sig for a while!

Tis

Why on earth are you seemingly promoting a nazi?

Does having a picture of an important historical figure = promotion?

What if it was a picture of Ed Gein? What about Bush, Jr? Maybe Ted Nugent? Possibly even Marion Barry? How about Robert Mapplethorpe? Potentially Pol Pot? I could go on, but hopefully you get the point. If not, oh well.

• Like 3

Ahahahahaha!

Seeing my shit is a sort of in-joke from Counterparts.

I posted a picture from ratemypoo.com (don't go there, you have been warned) in response to something, I don't even remember the context anymore.

Anyway, one person there took it -way- too seriously, and it's sort of been a thing ever since.

I haven't posted on Counterparts in several years. My time here at TRF has diminished somewhat because I'm Facebook friends with many members and end up talking it up over there. Through no fault of any board moderators or owners, I think forums in general are on the decline or becoming outdated. Several Rush fan groups are available through Facebook. I still keep in touch with members (or exmembers) of Counterparts that I knew or met from back then.

John Bobbitt had an exmember for a while.

• Like 2

I'm curious, did you just join to make a post in reference to 1 member here saying that he heard CP had jerks on board?

I came over as Good Will Ambassador.

The kind who scowls at you and maybe flings poo (potentially his own) at the side of your house.

I have a pressure washer so it shouldn't be an issue. Aim for the wasp nests please.

That won't help. If the queen survives, they'll just rebuild.

Says the resident exterminator.

Have you seen his shit? Might be some heavy duty

Actually, yes I have!

Was it on the end of your...nevermind.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

I haven't posted on Counterparts in several years. My time here at TRF has diminished somewhat because I'm Facebook friends with many members and end up talking it up over there. Through no fault of any board moderators or owners, I think forums in general are on the decline or becoming outdated. Several Rush fan groups are available through Facebook. I still keep in touch with members (or exmembers) of Counterparts that I knew or met from back then.

Nothing personal Kelly, but Facebook sucks.
  • Like 10

Charlie Babbitt: "Tell 'em, Ray."

Raymond: "Facebook sucks."

• Like 4

:(

Tis

Yes. It implies you like and/or agree with the figure or sentiment in the photo.

Most people would not associate themselves with (photos of) people they do not like.

• Like 1

A little over a year ago I did a search for a Rush forum and took a peek. I can't say anything positive or negative about the people at CP, but the reason I didn't choose that place is because it is butt-ugly! I'm sorry, but I'm educated in a field of design and communication, am a lover of all things pleasing to the eyes, and CP doesn't cut it. Call me superficial if you want but I don't want to use that much energy ignoring an ugly design. :codger:

Not that this place is "beautiful", though it is a huge improvement, and I often think I should try and redesign it. But I love it here. At first I was all about Rush, but now I don't care much about that anymore. I like it here because of the people, the good and the bad. You are a bunch of interesting characters and despite differences of opinion I find it mostly civilized. It's not like discussions on Facebook or Youtube. And still no one on my ignore list :)

Had I gone with CP I'd probably have the same things to say but I ended up here, and I plan on staying here for a long time.

:)

• Like 1

Tis

Yes. It implies you like and/or agree with the figure or sentiment in the photo.

Most people would not associate themselves with (photos of) people they do not like.

If I were you I would just let it go. I suspect he put it there to get a rise out of people.

Interesting choice of word - Important.

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 1

Sorry that some of you have had negative experiences, or heard negative things about CP. Through the years I've been a member, a moderator and an admin over there, and any negative comments about TRF that you may have come across at our forum are from a few vocal individuals, and don't represent a forum wide attitude about TRF by our membership or administration.

I know that Julie and Ken, the founders of Counterparts, have always had a friendly, cooperative arrangement with the folks that run your site here, and have never said anything but positive things about TRF, it's admins, and membership in general. All of us have formed friendships outside of the board world in "real life" with TRF members, and any perception of ill-will is greatly exaggerated.

Yeah, we've got some pretty interesting characters over there, but once the shock of the "Free Speech Zone" policy of the site wears off a little, it's pretty entertaining. I hope you give us another shot sometime!

~ Casey

Well said!

• Like 3

Utter brilliance:

Oh, the war, oh, yes, completely slipped my mind, yes, I'd forgotten all about it.

Hitler, Himmler and all that lot, yes, completely forgotten it, just like that.

Sorry, what was it again? A prawn cocktail! Oh, yes, Eva Prawn, yes, and Goebbels too, another one I can hardly remember.

And a pickled herring.

Hermann Goering, yes, yes.

And Von Ribbentrop, that was another one.

And four cold meat salads, please.

Certainly, I'll just get your hors d'oeuvres, hors d'oeuvres which must be obeyed at all times without question.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Mr.

Fawlty, would you please call your wife immediately? Sybil! Sybil She's in the hospital, you silly girl.

Yes, call her there.

I can't, I've got too much to do.

Listen, don't mention the war.

I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.

So, it's all forgotten now and let's hear no more about it.

So, two eggs mayonnaise, a prawn goebbels, a herman goering, and four colditz salads.

Wait a moment, I got a bit confused here.

I got a bit confused 'cause everyone's mentioning the war.

So, could you what's the matter? It's all right.

Is there something wrong? Will you stop talking about the war? Me? You started it! We did not start it.

Yes, you did, you invaded Poland.

Here, blow, here, this'll cheer you up.

You'll like this one: There's this woman, she's completely stupid, she'd never remember anything, and her husband's in a bomber over Berlin, she'll love this one, she'll laugh - Leave her alone.

- No, this is a scream.

I have never seen anyone not laugh at this.

Go away! Look, she'll love it, she's German.

No, Mr.

Fawlty! - What? - Do Jimmy Cagney instead.

- What? - Jimmy Cagney.

Jimmy Cagney? You know, "You dirty rat.

" I can't do Jimmy Cagney.

Please try, "I'm going to get you.

" Shut up.

Here, watch.

Who's this then? I'll do the funny walk.

• Like 1

Utter brilliance:

Oh, the war, oh, yes, completely slipped my mind, yes, I'd forgotten all about it.

Hitler, Himmler and all that lot, yes, completely forgotten it, just like that.

Sorry, what was it again? A prawn cocktail! Oh, yes, Eva Prawn, yes, and Goebbels too, another one I can hardly remember.

And a pickled herring.

Hermann Goering, yes, yes.

And Von Ribbentrop, that was another one.

And four cold meat salads, please.

Certainly, I'll just get your hors d'oeuvres, hors d'oeuvres which must be obeyed at all times without question.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Mr.

Fawlty, would you please call your wife immediately? Sybil! Sybil She's in the hospital, you silly girl.

Yes, call her there.

I can't, I've got too much to do.

Listen, don't mention the war.

I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.

So, it's all forgotten now and let's hear no more about it.

So, two eggs mayonnaise, a prawn goebbels, a herman goering, and four colditz salads.

Wait a moment, I got a bit confused here.

I got a bit confused 'cause everyone's mentioning the war.

So, could you what's the matter? It's all right.

Is there something wrong? Will you stop talking about the war? Me? You started it! We did not start it.

Yes, you did, you invaded Poland.

Here, blow, here, this'll cheer you up.

You'll like this one: There's this woman, she's completely stupid, she'd never remember anything, and her husband's in a bomber over Berlin, she'll love this one, she'll laugh - Leave her alone.

- No, this is a scream.

I have never seen anyone not laugh at this.

Go away! Look, she'll love it, she's German.

No, Mr.

Fawlty! - What? - Do Jimmy Cagney instead.

- What? - Jimmy Cagney.

Jimmy Cagney? You know, "You dirty rat.

" I can't do Jimmy Cagney.

Please try, "I'm going to get you.

" Shut up.

Here, watch.

Who's this then? I'll do the funny walk.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Will you stop talking about the war?"

"Me? You started it!"

"We did not start it."

"Yes, you did, you invaded Poland."

The best.

• Like 3