Vapor Trails Unmasters

savagegrace26

Oh the loud awful original? it blows. It's ok though. We now have the new awful remix. Yea i really have a deep seeded dislike for VT. it's not about the sound quality. just terrible writing. Just polishing a turd. and if it's not that......not sure what is being referred too.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

"Hey, guys. Here is the best sounding version of Vapor Trails you'll ever hear. Some of you who listened to the remixed version of the album will say it lacks the balls of the original, but the aforementioned CD was one of the worst loudness war victims in history. But... for those who love the original VT, but absolutely hate the distortion, there is hope for you guys too. This is basically the original VT without all that crazy distortion. The site it originally came from got shut down in 2013. Please seed this guys, this is coming from a long-time Rush fan, so ENJOY the hell out of this thing"

Finally got a hold of this and.....it may be the worst yet. Does not improve anything at all. So now i have versions of a record i hate. Does that make me psychotic? :LOL:

Mick

Is it? I don't know. I didn't listen to very much of it. Just maybe 30 seconds each from a few songs. I'm tired of Vapor Trails.

Finally got a hold of this and.....it may be the worst yet. Does not improve anything at all. So now i have versions of a record i hate. Does that make me psychotic? :LOL:

Mick

Is it? I don't know. I didn't listen to very much of it. Just maybe 30 seconds each from a few songs. I'm tired of Vapor Trails.

it sounds pretty much like the original only a notch worse. Oh well. i heard 3 songs. It's really not worth going outta your way.

Mick

Mick

it sounds pretty much like the original only a notch worse. Oh well. i heard 3 songs. It's really not worth going outta your way.

Mick

I have it. It didn't sound worse to me. I played a little bit of the original master after and that sounded very loud and distorted in comparison. Eh. Don't feel like listening to these again.

Bumping this because not enough people know about this release.

Did someone seriously say these sound bad? No, the songwriting might be bad for you, but the actual sound quality is improved tenfold on this version.

I listened to a large part of VT yesterday during my run. There some great songs on it. Earthsine, Freeze, Stars Look Down, Sweet Miracle, How It Is, Secret Touch...

I came to think that a problem with VT is actually Geddy overplaying at times. Unnecessary 16th notes, for example. But the songwriting is top notch with excellent lyrics.

• Like 1

Start to finish, I think I like VT better than anything else from p/g to CA. Some great, emotional songs, with outstanding lyrics, and punch to the songs.
  • Like 1