Snakes & Arrows V Clockwork Angels

Brucey

Which do you prefer?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Really confused about his failure on CA.

That's on the band. They wanted it to sound that way, don't you think?

I would agree, since Rush plays such a strong role in the production of the album.

I'm not sure I do, though. I've listened to Nick's other productions and recent efforts all have similar problems. I loved Mastodon's new album but much like CA, it's just a wall of noise. Same goes for recent AIC efforts. I would blame the band if I didn't see the trend in other Nick R. productions.

I would agree, since Rush plays such a strong role in the production of the album.

I'm not sure I do, though. I've listened to Nick's other productions and recent efforts all have similar problems. I loved Mastodon's new album but much like CA, it's just a wall of noise. Same goes for recent AIC efforts. I would blame the band if I didn't see the trend in other Nick R. productions.

I noticed that as well. Not a problem for my tastes. It's the trend these days

• Like 1

Hey, to each his own!

I'm a bit of an audophile so I can't help but be picky. That said, if the songs are good, I can overlook bad production. Which is the case for CA.

Hey, to each his own!

I'm a bit of an audophile so I can't help but be picky. That said, if the songs are good, I can overlook bad production. Which is the case for CA.

The flip side is when the songs circle the larger bowl, no amount of high quality production can save them...

• Like 3

The flip side is when the songs circle the larger bowl, no amount of high quality production can save them...

Please don't associate Rush with scatological "humor" and references to human body excretory functions. Please respect the boys' work.

:baabaa:

Edited by Spaghetti Lee
  • Like 1

Please don't associate Rush with scatological "humor" and references to human body excretory functions. Please respect the boys' work.

There's a fine line between stupid and clever. Not that you're even close to clever.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/mv-qKQY2/this_is_spinal_tap_a_fine_line_between_stupid_clever/

• Like 1

There's a fine line between stupid and clever. Not that you're even close to clever.

...says the guy who lists his interests as "Desirism, Clowns, alchemy, the latest updates on phlogiston research, Faked Moon Landings (but mostly desirism)."

...says the guy who lists his interests as "Desirism, Clowns, alchemy, the latest updates on phlogiston research, Faked Moon Landings (but mostly desirism)."

It's an inside joke, you aren't supposed to get it.

• Like 2

It's an inside joke, you aren't supposed to get it.

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/ed49d50f4e35a427fcef5e374f835b4baf.png

• Like 2

Not even close for me: Clockwork Angels.

Snakes And Arrows is a a beautifully produced album made up of underwhelming material. The Way The Wind Blows, The Larger Bowl, Faithless and Armor And Sword stand out as close to great, but this is the only Rush album without a single song on it I could label essential.

Clockwork Angels, on the other hand, is beautiful. Not perfect, as I think the bands classic material is unbeatable, but CA is full of fantastic Rush songs, and Caravan, Headlong Fkught, Seven Cities Of Gold and The Garden are classics. Without this album, I doubt I would be a massive fan today.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Snakes And Arrows is a a beautifully produced album made up of underwhelming material. The Way The Wind Blows, The Larger Bowl, Faithless and Armor And Sword stand out as close to great, but this is the only Rush album without a single song on it I could label essential.

Clockwork Angels, on the other hand, is beautiful. Not perfect, as I think the bands classic material is unbeatable, but CA is full of fantastic Rush songs, and Caravan, Headlong Fkught, Seven Cities Of Gold and The Garden are classics. Without this album, I doubt I would be a massive fan today.

Fkught!

Fkught!

The edit button exists for a reason...

Snakes & Arrows. By a large margin.

Its just better music. Sorry, just my observation.

And I have given CA plenty spins to be certain this is how I really feel.

I however do like CA better now, then I did when it was first released. But S&A is still the better album.

One more thing. I think there are plenty more on here that feel just like I do. But do not want to publicly say so. For fear of the Rush "experts".

Edited by John V
  • Like 4

Hhhmmm @John V, Your opinion intrigues me...maybe I should give SA another shot and see if I can hear what the SA supporters are saying...I admit he last time I played it it sounded better than I remembered, so maybe I should give it mire of my time!

The last time I tried to listen to Snakes and Arrows I literally felt transposed...to an 8 hour Indonesian polystyrene chemical seminar discussing the 724 different substrates used in exterior vertical force insulators. I was so traumatized at the end that I thought I was Frank Cannon disarming a whippersnapper with his rotund belly.
  • Like 2

The last time I tried to listen to Snakes and Arrows I literally felt transposed...to an 8 hour Indonesian polystyrene chemical seminar discussing the 724 different substrates used in exterior vertical force insulators. I was so traumatized at the end that I thought I was Frank Cannon disarming a whippersnapper with his rotund belly.

Transposed? From what? A minor? :unsure:

From my listening spot to Indonesia. I thought I made that abundantly clear.

http://www.onedigitallife.com/images/donavan-freberg.jpg

Let's have that 800 number.

There is a crucial difference between "rt" and "s"...

There is a crucial difference between "rt" and "s"...

There's also a crucial difference between dumb@$$ and ph*ckin' stupid.

trans·pose

transˈpōz/

verb

past tense: transposed; past participle: transposed

http://25.media.tumblr.com/38bdc205a4162896e37d594bf0b7b533/tumblr_mmtaejssCh1rohytqo1_500.jpg

Edited by Spaghetti Lee
  • Like 2