2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

The Packers don't look good in this game, especially their tackling and their offensive line.

A lot of it was Seattle looking so good. They were extremely crisp throughout the entire game. I know it's only one game but Seattle looks like a machine.
  • Like 1

Cool story...kudos to the Bengals. Classy stuff...

The Cincinnati Bengals appeared to have moved on from former second-round defensive tackle Devon Still when they cut him this preseason. Still, 25, certainly has looked like a bust to this point in his career, and his preseason play was not an indication he had come around.

However, Still has had much bigger and better things on his mind than football. His 4-year-old daughter, Leah, was diagnosed with stage 4 pediatric cancer back in June.

So when training camp came around, Still lost some desire to play. The Bengals had no choice but to cut him.

“I completely understand where the Bengals were coming from when they cut me because I couldn’t give football 100 percent right now,” Still told ABC News.

But there's a silver lining to this story. The Bengals re-signed him to their practice squad, and the $6,300 weekly salary and medical insurance will go a long way to help Leah. Still is eminently grateful for the team's gesture when he knows they simply could have made what NFL teams like to call "business decisions."

“They could have washed their hands with me and said they didn’t care about what I was going through off the field,” Still said. “It’s like a blessing in disguise for me.”

As a member of the practice squad, Still will practice with the team but not travel. That means he has more time to spend by Leah's side. Blessing in disguise indeed.

“We’re going to go to battle with cancer,” Still said. “She’s willing to put up a fight to beat it.”

Still told the world about Leah on Instagram this summer. Her picture is all over his page.

Let's hope she gets the help and care she needs. She'll have her father there with her to do everything he can to help. And the Bengals are a big reason why he'll have the support to do so.

- - - - - - -

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bengals-bring-back-still-to-help-him-pay-for-daughter-s-cancer-treatment-032403812.html

• Like 2

The Bears lost to the Bills :facepalm:

:(

What happened? From the stats it seemed like the Bears moved the ball great...did they just screw up in the red zone? Some bad turnovers? Bad penalties? I didn't see much of the game.

What happened? From the stats it seemed like the Bears moved the ball great...did they just screw up in the red zone? Some bad turnovers? Bad penalties? I didn't see much of the game.

So everyone in the AFC East won this week except the New England Bill Belicheats...?

• Like 1

So everyone in the AFC East won this week except the New England Bill Belicheats...?

Yep. Though the Jets only beat the Raiders.

1st pick in the draft for the Raiders next year?

Whatever happened to the feared Silver and Black attack?

I think they played better when they were in Los Angeles.

Al Davis didn't adapt to the changing style of play in the NFL and with a couple of exceptions didn't allow anyone who did to make decisions.

• Like 1

Ugh. Clowney possible torn Meniscus. They said he say out the 2nd half. Is this an injury that he can come back from THIS season?

Depends on how bad it is. The story I read said it could even be week to week but that was with a corner, so maybe for a pass rusher it's worse. According to another article, Chris Johnson said he played through it for most of last year.

Ugh. Clowney possible torn Meniscus. They said he say out the 2nd half. Is this an injury that he can come back from THIS season?

Depends on how bad it is. The story I read said it could even be week to week but that was with a corner, so maybe for a pass rusher it's worse. According to another article, Chris Johnson said he played through it for most of last year.

4-6 weeks they're saying now.

You gonna start a SNF thread?

Well do you think we need one?

Maybe we can start it off by commenting on Al Michaels' new weave?

If Monday night and Thursday nights get one, why not?

Go on then get it started! :D-13:

I think the Thursday night ones are going to be filled with :facepalm: s every time Simms opens his mouth.

I think the Thursday night ones are going to be filled with :facepalm: s every time Simms opens his mouth.

Phil Dimms.

• Like 1

Al Davis didn't adapt to the changing style of play in the NFL and with a couple of exceptions didn't allow anyone who did to make decisions.

Yep,

And the older he got made it only worse. Now his idiot son is running things. I have no faith in Dennis Allen as head coach. It will be a miracle if he lasts the whole season. I am so sick of this sh**! :madra:

Phil Dimms.

I can't stand him. He does nothing but whine.
  • Like 1

I wasn't able to catch the last bit of the game but the Bears were behind and tied it up for an OT where the Bills got a field goal. What I did notice is that their QB is doing very well.

From what it seems, EJ Manuel may be more than meets the eye, and most people, including the Bills, have yet to see his potential. Let's hope the Bears get their shit together...