Rush vs Kansas

Rushman14

YAY......Rush WON.....an absolutely.....um.....meaningless....uh....poll.

Go Team?

Mick

hey look, it's Debbie Downer.

Oh Original.

Mick

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/358400/resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-im-not-always-a-downer-but-when-i-am-my-name-is-debbie-eced69.jpg

• Like 2

Actually, Kansas is an incredibly talented band. I am not nearly as big a Kansas fan as I am Rush but they are very, very good.

Pretty good fan base apparently, too.

• Like 2

Point Of Know Return, Carry On Wayward Son, Dust In The Wind, Love And Miracles Out Of Nowhere, Hold On, The Pinnacle... they has a tone of great hits.

Not better than Xanadu IMO but an impressive list of tunes.

Edited by KennyLee

When did Kansas have a song in the seventies that surpassed Xanadu :wub: ? Hmmm???

Kansas doesn't even have a song that approaches Lakeside Park....let alone Xanadu! Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 1

Another blasphemous thread! As if the Rush and Bruce Springsteen thread wasn't enough!! :cool:

I know!

As if Rush deserves to be mentioned in the same lofty league of The Boss.

*jk jk*

I'll say it.....Kansas run of 70's album was perfection......better then Rush. But full body of Work......it's Rush.

Mick

Well everyone has their own opinion I guess. Kansas has always been one of my favorite (non-Rush) bands. Somewhat similar to Rush, they crafted a unique sound/style, and executed it artistically and with a very high talent level. Yes they were a very good band, but my opinion is and always has been that there are two kinds of music… RUSH, and everything else. Kansas is merely part of the "everything else".

Sorry Kansas, you're no RUSH. :tsk:

I'll say it.....Kansas run of 70's album was perfection......better then Rush. But full body of Work......it's Rush.

Mick

my opinion is and always has been that there are two kinds of music… RUSH, and everything else.

:goodone:

Yup. That's me, too. Well said.

• Like 1

Mick

Well everyone has their own opinion I guess. Kansas has always been one of my favorite (non-Rush) bands. Somewhat similar to Rush, they crafted a unique sound/style, and executed it artistically and with a very high talent level. Yes they were a very good band, but my opinion is and always has been that there are two kinds of music…TOM WAITS, and everything else. Kansas is merely part of the "everything else".

Sorry Kansas, you're no TOM WAITS . :tsk:

Fixed it, lol

Mick

Mick

Well everyone has their own opinion I guess. Kansas has always been one of my favorite (non-Rush) bands. Somewhat similar to Rush, they crafted a unique sound/style, and executed it artistically and with a very high talent level. Yes they were a very good band, but my opinion is and always has been that there are two kinds of music…TOM WAITS, and everything else. Kansas is merely part of the "everything else".

Sorry Kansas, you're no TOM WAITS . :tsk:

Fixed it, lol

Mick

It wasn't broken. Perfect example of what happens when you try to fix something that isn't even broken.

• Like 1