Canadian Rock Bands

USB Connector

Great piece in the Times today about The Tragically Hip. There's a very complimentary quote from Geddy in it.

http://nytimes.com/2...final-show.html

I hope everyone got to see The hip play the last show on the last tour, in Kingston on Saturday night. What a KILLER show, My hat is forever off to Gord Downie( gods speed Gordie) The concert was broadcast live on the CBC. I still cannot get over the show the boys put on. No wonder is was called------A national treasure. To Gord Downie-------Thank You.
  • Like 3

Great piece in the Times today about The Tragically Hip. There's a very complimentary quote from Geddy in it.

I hope everyone got to see The hip play the last show on the last tour, in Kingston on Saturday night. What a KILLER show, My hat is forever off to Gord Downie( gods speed Gordie) The concert was broadcast live on the CBC. I still cannot get over the show the boys put on. No wonder is was called------A national treasure. To Gord Downie-------Thank You.

:goodone:

I am totally ignorant of the Tragically Hip. I recently listened to Fully Completely and fully and completely enjoyed it. On first listen the music seemed a bit generic but I think that had to do with the "smooth" production. There's was nothing jolting or harsh about the music. It just flowed. I guess being uninformed on specific Canadian history and traditions clouds my overall opinion, which will probably change with some education. Anyway, good stuff. [8/10]
  • Like 2

Thanks Blue, I didn't see this topic.

Got back recently from the greasy jungle Metropolis Noir, drove a thousand miles and thru a thousand islands to see the Hip at least one more time and most likely it was one last time.

In NYC, no one I know knows the Hip. Except wifey of course. Well, she has to "listen." In CA, it was like I was going to the super bowl Olympics +u2 +beatles it was such huge news

Thanks Gord for the courage to go public with the dreadful news and the strength to pull this tour off!