Cool toy to play with

I used to fly! I used the Real Flight simulator. I could take off, do snap rolls, barrel roles, hover above the ground nose up (I can't remember the name!) do a harrier, but never land...

I can never land!!!!

It's been about 6 years since I've flown. I used to fly real life with a buddy box, but flying a heli??? Hell. No. I did buy Eric a Raptor can't remember what for Christmas one year. He opened it and saw it was the one he'd always wanted and almost cried... :(

I think the reason Boeing hasn't designed a plane like this one is because it would be dangerous to keep it up longer than four hours.

Can they get it up in the freezing Norwegian winters or does it shrink?

• Like 6

I think the reason Boeing hasn't designed a plane like this one is because it would be dangerous to keep it up longer than four hours.

Can they get it up in the freezing Norwegian winters or does it shrink?

No shrinkage......unless it lands in the Norwegian water. Costanza Airlines can attest to that.

Radar Operator: Colonel, you better have a look at this radar.

Colonel: What is it, son?

Radar Operator: I don't know, sir, but it looks like a giant...

Jet Pilot: Dick. Dick, take a look out of starboard.

Co-Pilot: Oh my God, it looks like a huge...

Bird-Watching Woman: Pecker.

Bird-Watching Man: [raising binoculars] Ooh, Where?

Bird-Watching Woman: Over there. What sort of bird is that? Wait, it's not a woodpecker, it looks like someone's...

Army Sergeant: Privates. We have reports of an unidentified flying object. It has a long, smooth shaft, complete with...

Baseball Umpire: Two balls.

[looking up from game]

Baseball Umpire: What is that. It looks just like an enormous...

Chinese Teacher: Wang. pay attention.

Wang: I was distracted by that giant flying...

Musician: Willie.

Willie: Yeah?

Musician: What's that?

Willie: [squints] Well, that looks like a huge...

Colonel: Johnson.

Radar Operator: Yes, sir?

Colonel: Get on the horn to British Intelligence and let them know about this.

• Like 5

I used to fly! I used the Real Flight simulator. I could take off, do snap rolls, barrel roles, hover above the ground nose up (I can't remember the name!) do a harrier, but never land...

I can never land!!!!

It's been about 6 years since I've flown. I used to fly real life with a buddy box, but flying a heli??? Hell. No. I did buy Eric a Raptor can't remember what for Christmas one year. He opened it and saw it was the one he'd always wanted and almost cried... :(

I have a Raptor 50. Heli's have gotten a lot easier to fly over the years and planes have gotten a lot cheaper. I think anyone could learn to fly today without too much difficulty. You should be able to land if you can do all of that. Get yourself a cheap foamy trainer and go flying.

A lot of the fun of flying is building the plane. The flying penis is an example of that. Here's another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjidx4SlDWI

And here I thought the flying lawnmower was the pinnacle of RC technology. :P

Who the hell comes up with these things?

Video of flying lawnmower:

By a strange coincidence, the classic film "Flesh Gordon" just came out on Blu-ray.....
  • Like 1