Want to know what I really like about Presto?

D3strukt

I dont understand why people complain on the mix on Presto, I dont find any problems with it.

If its any album that I got a problem with when its about the mix, it is Clockwork Angels, Clockwork Angels Tour, Vapor Trails and Rush In Rio.

They have fixed Vapor Trails now, so I hope they fix the other albums soon!

But Presto, its no problems with it...

I dont understand why people complain on the mix on Presto, I dont find any problems with it.

If its any album that I got a problem with when its about the mix, it is Clockwork Angels, Clockwork Angels Tour, Vapor Trails and Rush In Rio.

It is just thin. Alex's guitar is thin, Neil's drum's are thin. A little ass in that album and I think it is really good.

• Like 6

It is just thin. Alex's guitar is thin, Neil's drum's are thin. A little ass in that album and I think it is really good.

The thinness is a result of the wonderful "state of the art" digital equipment they were using. :doh: I think Geddy said there are no plans to "Vapor Trails" any other album.

• Like 1

presto's got no balls! it's a pretty good album though

The thinness is a result of the wonderful "state of the art" digital equipment they were using. :doh: I think Geddy said there are no plans to "Vapor Trails" any other album.

I've read an interview with Geddy, in which he voiced his desire to redo Presto, as it sounds like it was recorded in a tin can. If Presto had been recorded like Counterparts was, it would be magnificent.

• Like 1

Know what I really like about Presto? The bass lines! (Assuming you have a good enough system yo actually hear them!). I think he was doing the flamenco finger thing back then..

But this video is for you D3strukt.. ;)

Presto sounds amazing on headphones. Yes, the low end is somewhat lacking, but otherwise the mix is superb. There is so much to hear on that album, and just about all of it can be heard.

I remixed it myself to play in my car and added a bit of low mids and bass and it sounds much better. Doesn't sound like it's coming out of a tin can anymore.
  • Like 1

I've read an interview with Geddy, in which he voiced his desire to redo Presto, as it sounds like it was recorded in a tin can. If Presto had been recorded like Counterparts was, it would be magnificent.

I would appreciate that. No VT remix, just a punch up.

I remixed it myself to play in my car and added a bit of low mids and bass and it sounds much better. Doesn't sound like it's coming out of a tin can anymore.

Would you please be so kind and share the files with us? So we can hear it as well, maybe you can upload it on dropbox.

• Like 1

Presto does sound thin indeed (as do many other Rupert Hine productions), but in this specific case of Presto, I actually don't mind it so much. It makes the album sound crisp and "wintery" to me and it reminds me of the fall/winter of 1989 when I bought it upon release. Those 3 hour drives in the cold wintery weather, from home back up to college after the weekend, playing Presto in the car... and other memories of the time. So yeah, just silly sentimental reasons. ;) Also, bunnehs.

But on the other hand, if it had Counterparts' sonics, it would be absolutely teh ballz. The sound of Counterparts is my favorite of everything they've released since 1984 (the remixed/remastered Vapor Trails a close second I must admit.)

Edited by Bangster of Goats

Presto sounds amazing on headphones. Yes, the low end is somewhat lacking, but otherwise the mix is superb. There is so much to hear on that album, and just about all of it can be heard.

I thought you didn't like post-82 rush?

I'm surprised that what should be the shortest thread ever, given the topic, has reached 19 posts.
  • Like 1

This was an album that I hated, but I grew to enjoy. After the more recent, muscular live performances of some of the songs I went back and saw better song writing than I remembered. This still isn't among my favorites, but I do enjoy it a lot now.
  • Like 1

This was an album that I hated, but I grew to enjoy. After the more recent, muscular live performances of some of the songs I went back and saw better song writing than I remembered. This still isn't among my favorites, but I do enjoy it a lot now.

this and power windows are the only rush albums I truly disliked for a period, eventually they both grew on me and power windows ended up being one of my favorites. a bit more balls and this could've been the "return to form" it was intended to be

• Like 1

I may have to listen to this one myself if you guys continue talking about it..... :codger: Edited by Narpski