Seahawks 2014-2015 season (and beyond) official thread!

Tom Sawyer

Wow. All of us in Philly thought Andy Reid called that play.

Andy Reid's KIDS aren't that f***ing dumb.

Although they probably would have put that LB one on one with Gronk

Given their success running, its absolutely unimaginable that theyd throw.

At first it appears to be the obvious play was to run the ball. However, ML is a running back who runs to make contact and on the 1 yard line that might not be the best play. Also this year in the NFL there were 109 plays on the 1 yard line and THAT interception was the very first on the 1 yard line ALL year. ANother factor is how easy the Seahawks scored in the first half made it an easier decision to throw than to run on that play.

Odd thing BB HAD THE Patriots practice that play with Butler in which he failed to make the play in practice. The Patriots were ready for that throw. I thought for show it was game over game to the Seahawks.

If Pete Carroll could go back in time, he'd done the right thing and run his 230lb bull. The Seahawks got too cute and outsmarted themselves.
  • Like 1

At first it appears to be the obvious play was to run the ball. However, ML is a running back who runs to make contact and on the 1 yard line that might not be the best play. Also this year in the NFL there were 109 plays on the 1 yard line and THAT interception was the very first on the 1 yard line ALL year. ANother factor is how easy the Seahawks scored in the first half made it an easier decision to throw than to run on that play.

Odd thing BB HAD THE Patriots practice that play with Butler in which he failed to make the play in practice. The Patriots were ready for that throw. I thought for show it was game over game to the Seahawks.

How many inside slants were run from the 1 this year?

One too many.
  • Like 2

One too many.

If there was a lower percentage play, I'd like to know what it would be.

M Lynch this year had 5 runs from the 1 yard line and guess what he's been stuffed or failed to score 4 out of the 5.
  • Like 1

One too many.

Yep,

Especially in that situation. Like I posted earlier, If your going to throw the ball it best be where only the receiver has a chance to catch it. I tried finding the youtube video of the whole Colts vs Raiders game but wasn't able to. John Madden explained that pass to Casper which was on third down. He knew that if the pass was incomplete he could have always kicked for the game winner on fourth down. The Seahawks got greedy and it backfired big time.

Edited by troutman

http://i.giphy.com/FNyYrnJFUlFkc.gif

Richard Sherman needs Tommy John surgery but he should be fine and maybe stronger when his elbow ligaments are reattached.

Edited by g under p
  • Like 1

Richard Sherman needs Tommy John surgery but he should be fine and maybe stronger when his elbow ligaments are reattached.

Well that all depends,

It is hit or miss. Each person is different.

Well that all depends,

Yes however he's not a pitcher or QB so his recovery TIME will be much quicker. A doctor over the radio just said many comeback stronger than before. The elbow will be fine, along with the upcoming birth of his son. However, his ego after this SB loss may take longer to recover.

• Like 1

Well that all depends,

Yes however he's not a pitcher or QB so his recovery TIME will be much quicker. A doctor over the radio just said many comeback stronger than before. The elbow will be fine, along with the upcoming birth of his son. However, his ego after this SB loss may take longer to recover.

Good point about his ego. :LOL:

• Like 1

It was another OUTSTANDING season, great come-from-behind victory against GB, then we almost pulled this one off too.

I am not discouraged though, as a matter of fact i feel about the same as i would had we won, you see it's the thrill of wtaching them play that came to an end yesterday, not to restart until September (I don't watch preseason) - so even a win would mean I have to wait.

I love this team, the way they play is amazing, if they can keep that going just one more season, I have another year of entertaining Sundays (a Thursday orMonday or two) to look forward to watching them!!

No regrets, no negative feelings. Just joy in a great football team! What a great bunch of competitors!!!

Some people would give a testicle for a Championship and a near championship instead of maddening neverending mediocrity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memo to Pete Carroll:

These are the New England Patriots, and they had that pass play sniffed out like a blind dog in a meat market.

This is the NFL, and you are not coaching the fu—ing USC Trojans.

• Like 1

Well that all depends,

Good point about his ego. :LOL:

Unfuckingbelievable. He is an asshole but he does have a degree from Stanford. I will never understand why they wouldn't give the ball to Lynch three times.

Obviously if the Pats D was sniffing out pass. Give it to Lynch. TD! GAME!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Memo to Pete Carroll:

These are the New England Patriots, and they had that pass play sniffed out like a blind dog in a meat market.

And now this, :facepalm:

Such a class act!!

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/02/02/seahawks-wr-doug-baldwin-appears-to-mimic-pooping-during

Memo to Pete Carroll:

Such a class act!!

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/02/02/seahawks-wr-doug-baldwin-appears-to-mimic-pooping-during

What do you mean 'now'? He got a 15yd penalty for it :D

Memo to Pete Carroll:

Such a class act!!

http://sanfrancisco....-pooping-during

What do you mean 'now'? He got a 15yd penalty for it :D

Well,

I had to work during the game so I missed it. I still haven't watched the whole game. Still, he is an idiot!!

Edited by troutman

lmao #poopdown that was hilarious!

Yeah, because costing your team 15 yards in the most important game of the season so you can act like a selfish five year old is pure f***ing genius.

I would cut the self centered MF on the plane ride back to Seattle.

• Like 1

Graham, Seahawks have fences to mend

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT

jimmy.jpg?w=229

Pete Carroll is a genius.

At a time when the fumes of Super Bowl XLIX threaten to hover over the locker room into the 2015 season, Carroll has found a way to change the topic: By adding a sworn enemy of the team’s defense.

In January 2014, then-Saints tight end Jimmy Graham and Seahawks defensive end Bruce Irvin had a pregame altercation, with Graham ripping a knit cap from Graham’s head.

“He said, I’m Jimmy,” Irvin said at the time of Graham. “I said, who’s Jimmy?”

After the game, Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett explained why Graham was a non-factor during it.

“Because he’s overrated,” Bennett said. “If he doesn’t get a chance to get the ball, that’s all he can really do — he doesn’t help in the blocking game — so I think he’s overrated and I’m not scared to say that on TV.”

Bennett will get a chance to say it directly to Graham, soon.