Something that took you a long time to learn:

Aikenrooster

Mine is something that I have to keep relearning over and over again. Buying cheap is expensive. If you spend the money on a quality product the first time, it will last. If you buy cheap, you're going to be spending money again, and soon. This lesson has cost me a lot of money.

Please share your hard earned lessons.

• Like 3

It took me nearly 25 years to learn that the problems in my life weren't anybody else's fault. I always had someone else to blame. But it turned out that all of my anger was because of me.

But then I fixed that. :)

• Like 4

It took me forever to learn that it's better to be alone than to hang out with false friends. Many years were ruined and wasted because I kept hanging out with creeps, assholes, and narcissistic dooshbags, who had no integrity or honor. Better to have a handful of real friends - or even no friends - than a lot of false ones.
  • Like 9

I've been a worrier all my life. Over the past few years, I've learned that worrying about something beyond my control is a waste of time and negatively impacts my life. I don't worry the way I used to, although I have to work at it because it creeps back into my head now and then.
  • Like 3

I you don't make an effort to make "real" friends and maintain them you will end up with none....
  • Like 3

I you don't make an effort to make "real" friends and maintain them you will end up with none....

Well, that's just too much damned work... :)

• Like 1

Never trust anyone with under 33,000 posts in TRF.

You just learned that today I bet.... :unsure:

Why, yes, how did you know?

God gave me eyes to see with and a pension for observing the obvious..... :)

God gave me eyes to see with and a pension for observing the obvious..... :)

You get a pension from God for observing the obvious? Does it have a COLA? ;)

I learned that you should never correct people's grammar, spelling or vocabulary on the Internet even if they ask you :LOL:

They certainly will never let you live it down...... :LOL: :hug2:

Mine is something that I have to keep relearning over and over again. Buying cheap is expensive. If you spend the money on a quality product the first time, it will last. If you buy cheap, you're going to be spending money again, and soon. This lesson has cost me a lot of money.

Please share your hard earned lessons.

HA- word for word, that is what hubby told me when it came to, uh, "underthings". Instead of taking me to the store yet AGAIN to replace my broken bra, he shoved his debit card into my hand, turned on the laptop and told me to "go nuts on QUALITY bras." Boy did I =D

It took me several years to learn that, no matter who it is or what their role in your life is, it is MORE than OK to dump toxic people from your life. And you should NEVER feel sorry for doing so.

• Like 2

It took me forever to learn that it's better to be alone than to hang out with false friends. Many years were ruined and wasted because I kept hanging out with creeps, assholes, and narcissistic dooshbags, who had no integrity or honor. Better to have a handful of real friends - or even no friends - than a lot of false ones.

Like this....... :)

1503241_644894448904542_95630665_n.jpg

Hey, I just reached five hundred this morning. That only took me...ummm...a little less than two years.

• Like 1

I learned that you should never correct people's grammar, spelling or vocabulary on the Internet even if they ask you :LOL:

This way of thinking is why people can't spell. High school kids are reading on a grade school level. I see nothing wrong with correcting someone, especially if it's an honest mistake.

Hey, I just reached five hundred this morning. That only took me...ummm...a little less than two years.

You probably know hundreds, if not thousands, or tens of thousands of verbs, adjectives, and 4-8 letter words. It's a great way to get to 33K and beyond....if that's your goal, of course... :)

Driving .

I`ve been doing it for over 30 years ,,and I`m still bobbins :facepalm:

Can we assume "bobbins" is not good? :huh: :)

This way of thinking is why people can't spell. High school kids are reading on a grade school level. I see nothing wrong with correcting someone, especially if it's an honest mistake.

Please correct my grammar unless it was obvious that i was misspelling a word to be funny, etc.
  • Like 1

Trust your gut instincts. If something seems "off" about a person or a situation, you are probably correct.
  • Like 2