Something that took you a long time to learn:

Aikenrooster

It took me forever to learn that it's better to be alone than to hang out with false friends. Many years were ruined and wasted because I kept hanging out with creeps, assholes, and narcissistic dooshbags, who had no integrity or honor. Better to have a handful of real friends - or even no friends - than a lot of false ones.

Like this....... :)

1503241_644894448904542_95630665_n.jpg

Is it OK to correct the two errors in the picture designed to look like it was carved in stone?

It took me forever to learn that it's better to be alone than to hang out with false friends. Many years were ruined and wasted because I kept hanging out with creeps, assholes, and narcissistic dooshbags, who had no integrity or honor. Better to have a handful of real friends - or even no friends - than a lot of false ones.

Like this....... :)

1503241_644894448904542_95630665_n.jpg

Is it OK to correct the two errors in the picture designed to look like it was carved in stone?

Not sure what you are referring too but it's fine with me.... :)

Well I'm still trying to learn to not care about what people think of me, and stuff of a similar ilk - but no such luck as of yet - :sigh:

I have lived my entire life that way and still do. If it's something you can change then I would suggest doing it. I haven't been able too and it's lousy when you care what people think even when you barely know them too. It's like I want to say f**k'em but I can't........ :sigh: Edited by Narpzilla
  • Like 1

Well I'm still trying to learn to not care about what people think of me, and stuff of a similar ilk - but no such luck as of yet - :sigh:

I have lived my entire life that way and still do. If it's something you can change then I would suggest doing it. I haven't been able too and it's lousy when you care what people think even when you barely know them too. It's like I want to say f**k'em but I can't........ :sigh:

Constantly worrying about what I say, what I do, how I look etc to strangers in case they react is a problem for me (and I never have the nerve to contest what someone is saying to me). This aptly explains my choice of Avatar.

I have lived my entire life that way and still do. If it's something you can change then I would suggest doing it. I haven't been able too and it's lousy when you care what people think even when you barely know them too. It's like I want to say f**k'em but I can't........ :sigh:

Constantly worrying about what I say, what I do, how I look etc to strangers in case they react is a problem for me (and I never have the nerve to contest what someone is saying to me). This aptly explains my choice of Avatar.

I understand totally. I have never even had a shouting match with another person that I can recall. I have never been in a fight either. I would prefer to walk away than have any altercation. Just like the disagreement in the other thread made me feel weird. I don't like and will avoid all confrontation...... :)
  • Like 1

Reminds me of a friend of mine who have social anxiety. But everybody feel that way, some are just better at dealing with it than others. If it's any help then try to picture in your mind a football field; what you do is on your end of the field, and what others do is on the other end of the field. They have nothing to do with each other. If you are honest and sincere in how you are, then what happens on the other end of the field is not your problem but theirs.

Maybe a stupid analogy, but it has helped me tremendously :).

• Like 1

Reminds me of a friend of mine who have social anxiety. But everybody feel that way, some are just better at dealing with it than others. If it's any help then try to picture in your mind a football field; what you do is on your end of the field, and what others do is on the other end of the field. They have nothing to do with each other. If you are honest and sincere in how you are, then what happens on the other end of the field is not your problem but theirs.

I'll be seeing someone tomorrow who's supposed to help with this sort of thing (10 sessions in total, half an hour each), so hopefully in, say, a couple of months time I'll stop being a shy little hermit with little motivation to do anything!

Edited by RushAreAwesome
  • Like 1

I'll be seeing someone tomorrow who's supposed to help with this sort of thing (10 sessions in total), so hopefully in, say, a couple of months time I'll stop being a shy little hermit with little motivation to do anything!

I hope it works out for you...... :cheers: :)
  • Like 1

I'll be seeing someone tomorrow who's supposed to help with this sort of thing (10 sessions in total), so hopefully in, say, a couple of months time I'll stop being a shy little hermit with little motivation to do anything!

I'm seeing a therapist to deal with grief and a bunch of other personal stuff, and after 7 sessions I'm a totally different person and I have never been this confident in myself. I'm happy for you that you are going to make an effort to be a better you. That's pretty motivated if you ask me ;)

• Like 1