What is geddy lee's vocal singing range?

chasekratzer

Somewhere between a soprano having a rusty nail hammered into his groin and the sound a chihuahua makes if you chuck it in a meat grinder.

According to Wikipedia.

The trolls are at it again, are they? Someone remind them that Shatner and Nimoy aren't exactly the Righteous Brothers.

Well, now that thatlightinyoureyes mentions it, it is always interesting to see how geddy lees voice changed over the years. However when I ask this question I am talking about his range between 1974 and 1987. We can also study his range between 1989 and 2014.

Somewhere between a soprano having a rusty nail hammered into his groin and the sound a chihuahua makes if you chuck it in a meat grinder.

According to Wikipedia.

The trolls are at it again, are they? Someone remind them that Shatner and Nimoy aren't exactly the Righteous Brothers.

Trolls? Plural?... :)

According to Wikipedia.

I'm talking about the trolls who DON'T like Rush. Don't worry, I'm on the right side of this argument. :)

• Like 1

According to Wikipedia.

I'm talking about the trolls who DON'T like Rush. Don't worry, I'm on the right side of this argument. :)

Carry on then... :cheerleader:
  • Like 1

Well, now that thatlightinyoureyes mentions it, it is always interesting to see how geddy lees voice changed over the years. However when I ask this question I am talking about his range between 1974 and 1987. We can also study his range between 1989 and 2014.

In 1974 his vocal range was "air raid siren". Absolutely no limit.

Are you looking for notes? I think he goes to a G above high C on Hemispheres but that was a semi-tone too high (says Ray Daniels). I guess F# above high C? I think that would be a F# -7 (meaning the 7th octave on a piano)

• Like 2

What do you think geddy's singing range is?

Wider then mine! I can't sing as low nor as high as he can. :(

The neighbours love my voice though, they bang on the wall quite enthusiastically when I practice.

• Like 5

The neighbours love my voice though, they bang on the wall quite enthusiastically when I practice.

Practice what?... :)
  • Like 3

Practice what?... :)

:laughing guy:

• Like 2

According to Wikipedia.

I remember you. You were that redshirt in episode 2, season 2: Hugh Lost That Lovin Feelin

• Like 2

His lowest note, as far as I remember, is D almost an octave below middle C. The highest I'm sure of is the D two octaves above that. That range is approximately alto down to high tenor, so yes, it's approximately what a countertenor can comfortably reach, though they tend to grumble about singing in their lower range.

I think there are probably higher notes in some of the first ten albums but I don't personally like his voice that high. When he sings lower and slower he has a wonderful tenor voice (e.g. Available Light, The Pass, Red Tide, The Garden).

• Like 1

According to Wikipedia.

I remember you. You were that redshirt in episode 2, season 2: Hugh Lost That Lovin Feelin

Well technically, we females are referred to as, "redskirts". I had to have my alien dentata checked in McCoy's office in a scene that was later cut out. Deforest Kelley was never the same after that one.

• Like 1

According to Wikipedia.

Well technically, we females are referred to as, "redskirts". I had to have my alien dentata checked in McCoy's office in a scene that was later cut out. Deforest Kelley was never the same after that one.

Please tell me dentata is what I think it or they is or are?..... :codger:

Edit: :rose:

Edited by Narpzilla
  • Like 1

pics or it didnt happen heh

• Like 1

According to Wikipedia.

Was this sort of what we think of as a mammography?... Just wondering...... :huh: :)

His range was scary high. Bee gees high in fact! They should've been calling him Geddy Gibb!

According to Wikipedia.

Was this sort of what we think of as a mammography?... Just wondering...... :huh: :)

Speaking of dentata...

According to Wikipedia.

Damn. I just googled what dentata is........ :blush: :outtahere: