Rush Announce Retirement

Tony R

Many older fans thought this was a true statement after Neil's daughter and wife died. I am just glad they did come back and do more new stuff before calling it quits. I will be sad that there will be no no stuff but happy I got to enjoy some rocking shows while I could.

The really sad day will be when one of them dies.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120509024953/mlpfanart/images/4/48/Dude...no..gif

• Like 3

Many older fans thought this was a true statement after Neil's daughter and wife died. I am just glad they did come back and do more new stuff before calling it quits. I will be sad that there will be no no stuff but happy I got to enjoy some rocking shows while I could.

That's the "Have you ever cried at a celebrities death" thread. My tears are absolutely reserved for that day. I hope I go first.

I'm with you except for the going first part.

• Like 1

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120509024953/mlpfanart/images/4/48/Dude...no..gif

Any post with a Firefly character gets a big LIKE from me.

• Like 2

Can you imagine what this forum would have been like, has it existed in the 70s or 80s? We would have had so much to talk about- 'Hey, what do you think about the new album, Permanent Waves? I hear they have a new one coming out after the tour, plus a live album later next year.' We wouldn't have had time to talk about wigs or crotales or which facial expression is best! :rush:
  • Like 3

Can you imagine what this forum would have been like, has it existed in the 70s or 80s? We would have had so much to talk about- 'Hey, what do you think about the new album, Permanent Waves? I hear they have a new one coming out after the tour, plus a live album later next year.' We wouldn't have had time to talk about wigs or crotales or which facial expression is best! :rush:

Maybe there were enough fans then that gave a rip to do something like this. I didn't know any but I guess they were out there somewhere... :) The shows I went to were always sold out

My interest in bands tends to wane when they are no longer recording new content. I think that when that day comes I'll probably drift away.

My interest in bands tends to wane when they are no longer recording new content. I think that when that day comes I'll probably drift away.

Aw come on, you're a popular guy on here. You shouldn't need a misleading title to make people look at your thread.. ;)

Rush ain't gonna announce shit. They'll just stop coming around..

A good point. In fact, I'm curious as to how you all think they WILL "announce" their retirement. Will it be a formal anouncement? or will they be like most guys and just stop calling/touring until we get the hint.

Aw come on, you're a popular guy on here. You shouldn't need a misleading title to make people look at your thread.. ;)

Rush ain't gonna announce shit. They'll just stop coming around..

A good point. In fact, I'm curious as to how you all think they WILL "announce" their retirement. Will it be a formal anouncement? or will they be like most guys and just stop calling/touring until we get the hint.

I think Neil's nose will finally explode and that will be it......... :D-13: :codger:
  • Like 2

We had something similar...we were all pen pals.

Jeez , had me for a minute . :eh:

I`m just hopin I get to see out the last tour .

I can`t imagine when I`m in an Old people`s home having a carer helping me on with my tight Rush T.Shirt and wheeling me to the Manchester Arena .

Would they put up with a Rush week on my I Pod after the gig ? .

Edited by By Tor

Inevitably Rush will one day retire, the boys are getting up their in age and have put in more than their fair share of time. Yes, it will be a sad day however the music will always be there to keep the memories alive. Considering these guys put out some of their best music in the 70s and 80s and yet in 2014 they still can sell out shows all over the world that in it self is a testament to their greatness. I really wish I was alive back in the day to see Rush in their absolute prime.
  • Like 1

Inevitably Rush will one day retire, the boys are getting up their in age and have put in more than their fair share of time. Yes, it will be a sad day however the music will always be there to keep the memories alive. Considering these guys put out some of their best music in the 70s and 80s and yet in 2014 they still can sell out shows all over the world that in it self is a testament to their greatness. I really wish I was alive back in the day to see Rush in their absolute prime.

I wish I could've seen them in the 70s - alas, I was nearly 3 years old in 1974. I wish I'd been born a decade before.

• Like 2

I wish I could've seen them in the 70s - alas, I was nearly 3 years old in 1974. I wish I'd been born a decade before.

No you don't.... :codger: :)
  • Like 3

Yeah, I was 7. Didn't get to see them til GUP.

All I'm saying is that if they announce it then they ought to mean it. The f***ing Who "retired" in the early 80s and we all know how that turned out.

It will suck. I will still have all their music to listen to if I want to. One day I will die and my kids will either throw all my stuff away or sell it. At that point I won't need it anyway.

Please don't take Our Lord's name in vain B-cat

Your lord lets a child die on this planet of terrible agonizing starvation every 3 seconds, I'm not worried about using the name in Vein. Good thing hes imaginary.

But on topic, Christ, this thread title almost made me crud my pants too.

I was brought up to believe

The universe has a plan

We are only human

It's not ours to understand

The universe has a plan

All is for the best

Some will be rewarded

And the devil take the rest

All is for the best

Believe in what we're told

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

Until our final breath

While our loving Watchmaker

Loves us all to death

In a world of cut and thrust

I was always taught to trust

In a world where all must fail

Heaven's justice will prevail

The joy and pain that we receive

Each comes with its own cost

The price of what we're winning

Is the same as what we've lost

Until our final breath

Must be what we deserve

Your lord lets a child die on this planet of terrible agonizing starvation every 3 seconds, I'm not worried about using the name in Vein. Good thing hes imaginary.

The universe has a plan

We are only human

The universe has a plan

All is for the best

Some will be rewarded

All is for the best

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

Until our final breath

Loves us all to death

Until our final breath

Must be what we deserve

I will admit I am easily confused..... :blink: :unsure:

Excuse my French but I just had a mother f***ing heart attack and started crying.

The universe has a plan

We are only human

The universe has a plan

All is for the best

Some will be rewarded

All is for the best

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

Until our final breath

Loves us all to death

Until our final breath

Must be what we deserve

How about you (and us) let a child die every 3 minutes by not campaigning for causes that would make things like that not happen? I mean really?

• Like 1

Tony, I officially declare you the biggest jerk on this Forum. :coy:
  • Like 3