Debut album to get deluxe treatment in 2014

Rushman14

Officially release The Fifth Order of Angels, plus the first single. Even though and real Rush fan already owns it.

I don't own either of them because the Fifth Order Of Angels is available but Rush won't receive any profits and the first single was never made available.

You're an honorable man! I haven't paid a cent for one bootleg I own. If Rush does decide to officially release the mentioned material I will gladly purchase it. And if it is released, why did they wait so long?

So people who claim to be real RUSH fans have something to show! "Look I own a 45 of Not Fade Away/ You Can't Fight It released by RUSH in 1973." Ooooooooooh! :eyeroll:

Officially release The Fifth Order of Angels, plus the first single. Even though and real Rush fan already owns it.

I don't own either of them because the Fifth Order Of Angels is available but Rush won't receive any profits and the first single was never made available.

You're an honorable man! I haven't paid a cent for one bootleg I own. If Rush does decide to officially release the mentioned material I will gladly purchase it. And if it is released, why did they wait so long?

So people who claim to be real RUSH fans have something to show! "Look I own a 45 of Not Fade Away/ You Can't Fight It released by RUSH in 1973." Ooooooooooh! :eyeroll:

I was being sarcastic.

The first single on CD would be really nice. If anyone in the Rush camp is paying attention I would just like to say: IF YOU ARE GOING TO INCLUDE ANY LIVE TRACKS MAKE IT THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' SHOW AND DON'T TEASE US WITH JUST A COUPLE OF LIVE TRACKS LIKE YOU DID ON THE RECENT 2112 RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, rant over Edited by drbirdsong
  • Like 2

I was being sarcastic.

I was toooooooooooo!

I was being sarcastic.

I was toooooooooooo!

As was I

• Like 1

If this is going to be done, I would love for it to be a three disc thing. One is the original album with the new mix or remaster they're doing. Second is the album, but with an entirely new drum track with Neil playing the songs, and the third is whatever bonus tracks they want to throw on there. Anyone with me?
  • Like 2

Another great opportunity here.

First single on CD (Which I have a few times over on bootlegs, but it would be nice to get something official)

Agora show (which I have on several bootlegs, but not the ABC 1974 for the simple reason that some believe it's MP3 sourced)

DVD of the whole Laura Secord show,

DVD of the three Don Kirschner songs

Any other live stuff that may be sitting in the vault that we don't know about.

"Vault edition" of Working Man with alternate solo.

• Like 1

Re record the whole album with Neil re doing the drum tracks.....How insulting to John Rutsey....beggers belief!

Dude, that's why I said do it as a separate disc. One's simply remastered original. Another is Neil drumming the last is any extras they may give us. I'm not being insulting to Rutsey, I'm saying I want to hear Neil play the songs in studio as he did on the first tour.

• Like 1

A nice Little Box set would be very appreciated.

You can call it RUSH - Now and Then

Disc 1: Original Debut album Remastered (Adding Lost Tracks like Garden Road, Not Fade Away and You Can't Fight it)

Disc 2: Debut album re-mixed and Re-recorded with Neil on Drums and Terry Brown at the helm. (Adding Lost Tracks like Garden Road, Not Fade Away and You Can't Fight it) *** This is nothing new, Other bands have re-recorded their older material. Here again could use a slightly faster tempo.***

Disc 3: Live Recording of First Cleveland Show (ABC -RUSH)

Disc 4: New Instrumental Compilation with 4 New Instrumentals (Precipiter, Skin Trade, Despair, A'dieu aux Fans) - Also Released as a Single Disk!

Disc 5: DVD of one of their first Shows. Maybe the entire Laura Secord show from the Documentary, RRHOF induction, Making of RUSH with Terry Brown, Ray Danniels and the boys somehat like the Classics Record 2112/MP DVD, Small Booklet Insert.

***BoNuS*** Insert DVD into hard drive for announcement of forth coming tour in 2015!

:drool:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Disc 1: Original Debut album Remastered (Adding Lost Tracks like Garden Road, Not Fade Away and You Can't Fight it)

Disc 2: Debut album re-mixed and Re-recorded with Neil on Drums and Terry Brown at the helm. (Adding Lost Tracks like Garden Road, Not Fade Away and You Can't Fight it) *** This is nothing new, Other bands have re-recorded their older material. Here again could use a slightly faster tempo.***

Disc 4: New Instrumental Compilation with 4 New Instrumentals (Precipiter, Skin Trade, Despair, A'dieu aux Fans) - Also Released as a Single Disk!

Disc 5: DVD of one of their first Shows. Maybe the entire Laura Secord show from the Documentary, RRHOF induction, Making of RUSH with Terry Brown, Ray Danniels and the boys somehat like the Classics Record 2112/MP DVD, Small Booklet Insert.

***BoNuS*** Insert DVD into hard drive for announcement of forth coming tour in 2015!

:rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

I love the imaginations on this forum :yes: ;)

• Like 2

I thought the same thing when I read this but I couldn't have responded as eloquently as you have... :) Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1

I thought the same thing when I read this but I couldn't have responded as eloquently as you have... :)

It can happen!

Yeah, maybe not fully re-recorded. I don't think Geddy would be able to tour again if he had to sing everything again. Lerxst and the Professor may go ahead and re-record the solos and drum tracks if they wish, but Ged probably wouldn't tour again, and I really like Geddy, so not fully re-record the album would be my point here

And also, how about BEFORE AND AFTER for the title, this track hasn't seen as much love as it should.

And a signed pic and some signed picks and a um, T-Shirt! Yeah, Yeah from the first tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2HBdRCroks

With the signed stuff and a T-Shirt from the first tour, I think we would see the price at around....

• Like 2

Never got the appeal of these remastered classics. Whenever these things get released the consensus is always the same "I like the original better". Bob Ezrin redid KISS's Destroyer album and all he did was turn up his screaming kids and add a little presence to the drums. But unless someone pointed out that you were listening to a remix, you'd never have known. I've listened to the first Rush album on everything from a transistor radio to a full bore sound system. It already sounds different every time I hear it (based on what its being played on) so why mess with it? Simply because its Rush and they know their fans will snap up whatever new products the feed them.

Before: Rush, as in headrush or mind-blowing experience

Now: Rush, as in hurry up and sell anything we can, while we can!

It would have been cooler if you would have said "Before & After".... :)

Before: Rush, as in headrush or mind-blowing experience

Now: Rush, as in hurry up and sell anything we can, while we can!

You see, I don't get that. Why would anyone get upset over a band making money on their music? A band is a business like any other and they have to sell their product to make money. It's how they make their living. Bands rarely make much money nowdays on their music alone. That's where touring and merchandising come in. Do you think they should be above making a living from their music? They really do very little compared to a lot of other bands. KISS being the prime example.

• Like 1

I never said they shouldn't do it. If they want to make more money, go ahead. I'm just saying that I'm not fool enough to part with my hard earned dollars for anything remastered, repackaged or re-anythinged. The first album is awesome and nothing more can be done to it to make it more awesome. Unless the could use a brighter pink on their logo :P