Car prejudices

Mara

BMW - all of tehm

I think you get a certificate when you buy one that says you can drive however, whenever, wherever regardles of who else is on the road. Everyone has to get out of your way and you don't even have to look out for other cars because they will somehow know when to get out of your way.

We've noticed this too!

Toyota Corolla - You make love in your pajamas, and your idea of letting your hair down is ordering the wings at Buffalo Wild Wings with the spicy garlic sauce...but not before you take a Zantac.

Hey, one of the best cars I had was a corrola! And I never wear pjs during sex, only my socks!

• Like 1

There are so many obnoxiousmobiles and their owners out there - its a goddammed free-for-all :outtahere:

I echo the sentiments of Mara when it comes to Smart cars. I don't have a problem with petit women driving them, but a man looks ridiculous. I saw a couple riding in one, the other day, and they were squished in there ...gotta go...sorry

If you absolutely MUST have a Chevrolet Suburban, buy a new one if you are concerned with appearances. The used ones all belonged to harried moms in charge of ferrying too many kids around. Chances are that someone's closed the garage door on the thing more than once. EIther that or it belonged to the FBI and might have bloodstains still in the seat fabric. :D

This is also a vehicle you never, ever want to park within visual radius of. The same applies to most minivans.

That is going to be our next vehicle. When my G8 is paid off, we are going to replace the Tahoe with a Suburban. I will be nice to have a little extra room. With three kids and two dogs...we need a Suburban.

Subaru Outback - You wear Birkenstocks with black socks, even in the winter. You name your kids names like Aspen and Sierra. You never flush the toilet when you pee because you want to save the water and the environment. You are pissed that the Indigo Girls have not been inducted into the RRHOF.

• Like 5

If it's a newer Cadillac, I automatically assume that it's a retired white man who thinks he owns the road and can go as slowly as possible. :LOL:

Not this Cadillac.

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/272380/2009-cadillac-cts-v-photo-272424-s-1280x782.jpg

Cadillac CTS-V. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. 556 horsepower. 7.59 lap at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. :haz:

And it's still driven by an old man doing 45 down the freeway.

That's what really bothers me. Why does Cadillac and Lincoln bother with powerful engines? A 175HP four banger would do just fine and you could tell the old guy that it had 556 horses and he would never be the wiser.

Prius.

Need I say more?

If you only half-listen to the ads with the jingle "Da, da, da, da, a Prius for everyone. . . . " it sounds like they're singing, "a penis for everyone." :P

My supervisor drives a 2010 Outback. She's pretty liberal, but hails from Alabama, does not wear Birkenstocks (flip-flops), and loves country music.

• Like 1

Prius.

Need I say more?

I can't believe we got 35 posts in this thread before someone got to Prius. Here's your typical Prius owner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oSzLS0j9fY

• Like 1

Minivans are a menace on the roadway.

I'm convinced minivan drivers have to go 5 mph under the limit because they have poor visibility out their windows because of the "Baby on Board" sign and the stick figure family decal that spreads the full width of the rear window because they like to show you all the kids and pets they have.
  • Like 1

Minivans are a menace on the roadway.

I'm convinced minivan drivers have to go 5 mph under the limit because they have poor visibility out their windows because of the "Baby on Board" sign and the stick figure family decal that spreads the full width of the rear window because they like to show you all the kids and pets they have.

I'd never put one of those damn things in the window, but I do actually like this one:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Stick-Figure-Couple-with-MONEY-Vinyl-Decal-Sticker-Funny-Family-Anti-Hate-6-1-/00/s/NzIwWDcyMA==/z/840AAMXQBwlRXZoA/$T2eC16V,%21y8E9s2fjtrRBR%28Zo%21Mk9Q~~60_35.JPG

If it's a newer Cadillac, I automatically assume that it's a retired white man who thinks he owns the road and can go as slowly as possible. :LOL:

That stereotype makes me think of Buick.

Buick will do! :LOL: Those large luxury GM cars are classic stereotypical old guy rides. Of course, my 92 Lesabre doesn't count! ;)

• Like 2

Neon painted Civics with 24 inch exhaust pipes. (Because you need that huge exhaust system to handle what that big engine puts out. :sarcastic: )

Teenage males who fancy themselves as gangster street racers because they watched all of the F&F movies. These cars are very likely to cut you off on the freeway as they play pole position doing 35MPH over the speed of traffic. And you have to love the anemic sound of a Japanese four cylinder engine that needs a muffler; that's the sound of power! :LOL:

• Like 2

High end exotics (Ferraris, Lambos, the more expensive porsche models, etc): Just because you can afford one doesn't mean you have the right to drive like an ass and it does not mean I should yield to you at all times because your car is nicer than mine. It ESPECIALLY doesn't give you the right to use 2 parking spots so nobody knicks your car. If you can afford one, you should be able to afford repairs.

Low end exotics/sports cars (older Porsche 911s, Carreras, Corvettes, etc): 90% of the time it's a mid life crisis guy who knows how to drive, just not at 120 km/h, usually really approachable if you're interested about the car. Don't expect them to ever indicate a turn or lane change.

Tuners, all of them: compensators, idiot man children who don't know how to spend their money. You paid at least $5000 for that shitty import, a few grand for the custom body on the bottom, a few hundred for the neon lights and another how much for the custom paint job and decal? You could have bought yourself a nice, recent Infiniti or Audi for that money.

Hummers: MONSTER TRUCK RALLEY ON THE ROAD... YEEEEHAWWWW

Edited by USB Connector

SUV's so large they cannot fit it between the white lines on a highway. They cannot see shit so they just slowly (if you're lucky) move into a lane figuring that whoever is there will just get out of their way. Usually a stay at home mom who's husband makes more money than god so she's fine with getting 3 miles to the gallon so she can fit the whole damn soccer team in there.

ANY car that still doesn't know if the second speaker at McDonald's is available to pull up. Don't know why but it drives me insane to see someone pull up in front of me with no one in front of them stop at the first speaker and hear, "Please pull up to the next speaker:" Do you not know how f-ing McDonald's works!!!

Tuners, all of them: compensators, idiot man children who don't know how to spend their money. You paid at least $5000 for that shitty import, a few grand for the custom body on the bottom, a few hundred for the neon lights and another how much for the custom paint job and decal? You could have bought yourself a nice, recent Infiniti or Audi for that money.

They spend all of that money on a Civic, and my G8 would still destroy them in a stop light battle. Also, my G8 with the Flowmaster exhaust, doesn't sound like a blender when I rev it up. When you rev up those little Jap cars, it sounds like someone is making margaritas! :)
  • Like 3

They spend all of that money on a Civic, and my G8 would still destroy them in a stop light battle. Also, my G8 with the Flowmaster exhaust, doesn't sound like a blender when I rev it up. When you rev up those little Jap cars, it sounds like someone is making margaritas! :)

Oh yeah the sound reminds me of the RC cars I used to race as a kid but put through a 100 watt amplifier. It's irritating. My friend's old VW Golf sounds better when you rev it than those monstrosities with punctured mufflers.

I've had my Element for all of a month, and you would not BELIEVE how many people have asked me how I am going to "mod" it. Will I lower it (NO! If I wanted it lower I'd have bought a sedan!), add light bars (why? I'm not taking it hunting) and will I Plasti-Dip the panels (I had to look that up and have to admit it is a cool concept - change your car color with "paint" that peels right off when you get tired of it. However, I suspect it's one of those things that can be an absolute nightmare of a mess if done wrong). What's with hating on stock cars?

I bought a heel mat for the driver's side so I don't wear a hole in the cargo mat flooring. That, and I'm in the process of adding dog hair to the interior. Pretty much it for the mods. There is nothing you can do to an Element that will make it go any faster - it's a 4 cylinder and there is NO ROOM under the hood. Seriously - the stock engine barely fits in there.

Low end exotics/sports cars (older Porsche 911s, Carreras, Corvettes, etc): 90% of the time it's a mid life crisis guy who knows how to drive, just not at 120 km/h, usually really approachable if you're interested about the car. Don't expect them to ever indicate a turn or lane change.

I've wanted a Corvette ever since I first was aware of cool cars as a kid. I couldn't afford one as a young adult, impractical as a parent, the only time I can have one will be in my fifties. So I don't fully believe in the mid life crisis theory.

Are there any cars that don't have a stigma attached to them?

• Like 1

I've wanted a Corvette ever since I first was aware of cool cars as a kid. I couldn't afford one as a young adult, impractical as a parent, the only time I can have one will be in my fifties. So I don't fully believe in the mid life crisis theory.

Are there any cars that don't have a stigma attached to them?

That's been Chevrolet's complaint - they don't WANT the Corvette associated with the "mid-life crisis guys with a paunch". No, they want to see hot chicks and young dudes driving their cars. Well, Chevy, you priced the 'Vette out of that demographic's reach, so you created your own monster. Anyone in their 20's who can afford a "Vette is likely go go for a foreign exotic in the same price range.

My nephew in his 30's has a 2004 Corvette. Of course it sits in the garage most of the time unless the "Corvette Club" is meeting. What's the point?

Off-topic but it's my thread so I can hijack it if I want :D - does anyone else think the new Mustang is ugly? Heavy, heavy, heavy.

Edited by Mara

This thread reminds me of my nephew. He's a confirmed bachelor and has commitment fears. He lost interest in a girl he had been dating and when I asked him why he said it was because he found out she owned a BMW. It turns out there was a little more to the story but he thought that I would sympathize with the reason he gave me.