Rush WITH your children: Who'd be the best babysitter?

Tombstone Mountain

Who is best suited to keep an eye on your kids?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. You and your better half are having a date night. Who do you call?

• Alex—he'd be the most fun
    • Geddy—you know he'd foster an interest in something useful
    • Neil—cause he probably wouldn't tolerate much tomfoolery

Ged would be the man I would choose. The best combo of playfulness, intelligence and responsibility........... :yes:
  • Like 3

Neil. He still knows how to laugh and go with the flow with friends, but he'd sit you down and force you to read that book (like he did to Geddy in the Rush in Rio documentary...poor Geddy is trying to look interested while all he wants to do is anything else).

Alex would have my kids doing shots and smoking weed while wearing trash bags on their heads. If I need a babysitter (for me, not for my kids), Alex is my man.

Geddy is a good second choice, but I want someone who I think would be both a good teacher and someone I can trust to act responsibly. Neil wins out on both.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 2

I voted for Alex but, after reading Led's post, now I'm not so certain. I thought Alex would be entertaining and the most patient. I think Neil would be good too as long as he didn't have to do it for long since he gets ants in his pants if he stays put for too long. Geddy I am not so sure how he would be.
  • Like 1

Geddy for sure. Alex would just get them too riled up and they would come back out of control. Neil would bum them out and they would come back depressed. Seriously though, Geddy seems like a gentle soul and I'm just betting kids love him.
  • Like 1

I voted for Alex but, after reading Led's post, now I'm not so certain. I thought Alex would be entertaining and the most patient. I think Neil would be good too as long as he didn't have to do it for long since he gets ants in his pants if he stays put for too long. Geddy I am not so sure how he would be.

ANTS in the pants...pegged it there sister!
  • Like 1

One?! Are you kidding me. It would take all three to control my boys. They would gravitate towards Alex though because he seems the most goofy. Geddy could probably calm things down once he separated everyone into their own corners for time outs (Al included) and I imagine Neil would break out the rules from that point on.
  • Like 1

I voted for Alex, but I don't think Neil would be such a strict naysayer as you might think. :)

Not so sure about that. Neil has shown a propensity for not tolerated kids around his drumset, read here:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/76741-the-yukon-blade-grinder/

One?! Are you kidding me. It would take all three to control my boys. They would gravitate towards Alex though because he seems the most goofy. Geddy could probably calm things down once he separated everyone into their own corners for time outs (Al included) and I imagine Neil would break out the rules from that point on.

spoken like a true mom!

You and that someone special are hitting the town, but your only babysitting options are the members of Rush. Who gets your call?

I went with Neil. He'd sit the kids down and start reading one of his Peart Updates and they'll fall right asleep. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 3

I think it would depend on how old the kids were. I think older kids would really love hanging with Neil. Alex would appeal to kids in the 5 to 12-year-old age bracket. And I think if we're talking about babies, then Geddy would be the man I'd pick.
  • Like 2

I would say it would depend on the age and personality of the children. But I would love to have Alex around to casually talk to as I leave/come in, so I gave my vote to him. Now if all three of them were to sit at once, that would be a powerhouse. All of the energy Alex has taking care of the kids, while Geddy employs his multitasking skills to keep the house tidy and keep the kids out of trouble, and meanwhile Neil would be patiently waiting in the bedroom reading, when the child comes in, he only needs to read one page before his voice has already lulled the children to sleep, where he will quietly resume his own reading.
  • Like 1

I would say it would depend on the age and personality of the children. But I would love to have Alex around to casually talk to as I leave/come in, so I gave my vote to him. Now if all three of them were to sit at once, that would be a powerhouse. All of the energy Alex has taking care of the kids, while Geddy employs his multitasking skills to keep the house tidy and keep the kids out of trouble, and meanwhile Neil would be patiently waiting in the bedroom reading, when the child comes in, he only needs to read one page before his voice has already lulled the children to sleep, where he will quietly resume his own reading.

This is priceless. Good one!

Geddy.

Alex would turn the kids' science homework into an experiment ant blow the house up, Neil would fall asleep smoking and burn it down :facepalm:

You just crawled in my mind with this scenario—that's why I picked Geddy