Rush in Theaters

mong82191

Great Movie! God Headlong Flight is such a great song. The theater really came alive during this song. During The Spirit of Radio and the Encore as well. Point: Headlong Flight is as good as any RUSH song that has preceded it. Great Visual during this movie in HD. It was funny and informative. Good to see what Geddy does during Neil's solo. Also what Neil does after he leaves the stage at the end of the show.... man! :rush: :haz: :rush:

Just got home....my son and I had a great time. Theater was filled about 60%.

Set 2 only.

Was fine with it. Will be watching the BlueRay proper this weekend with so e organic refreshments in 7.1

Nice time indeed though.

• Like 1

Just got home....my son and I had a great time. Theater was filled about 60%.

Set 2 only.

Was fine with it. Will be watching the BlueRay proper this weekend with so e organic refreshments in 7.1

Nice time indeed though.

Same here! I was fine with them starting at the 2nd half of the show. The Documentary afterward was informative and funny as well. I love these guys and any night with RUSH on a big screen is a great night. Besides 1/2 of their show is still better than most band's complete show and we got the better half anyway. Can't wait to see the other half tomorrow once I get the Blu-Ray and the CD.

• Like 1

Why the hell do I need to see the interviews in a theater with those speaker and sound system? I loved the documentary, and what they showed of the concert was great, but what a friggin joke.

Geez, do u guys realize u actually paid your own $ for Rush's teaser advertisement, exclusively designed for the promotion/sale of their DVD? On top of that, u are now going to go out and pay full price for an already half-seen DVD? Good grief..

Edited by GeminiRising79
  • Like 1

Geez, do u guys realize u actually paid your own $ for Rush's teaser advertisement, exclusively designed for the promotion/sale of their DVD? On top of that, u are now going to go out and pay full price for an already half-seen DVD? Good grief..

I was going off of my experience with the Time Machine Tour, and that was showed in full with consistent sound.. Lol

I took my kids and they really enjoyed it. The smile on my daughter's face during The Garden was priceless (she loves that song), and my 7 year old son had a ball throwing his fist in the air during 2112.

Another priceless moment...during Headlong Flight, my son leaned over and asked, "dad, can you play this song in the car on the way home?" :D

• Like 6

If I had my way I would have rather they played the first half of the concert and I could have watched the documentary at home, but I still enjoyed the experience. I can see why people would have felt cheated by it, but for me I feel like I got my money's worth. I'm excited to sit down and watch the whole show tomorrow though!
  • Like 1

I need to have a good cry. Not just for myself, but for what may have at one point been a caring world. Everything just seems so dark and desolate after what I just saw. R.I.P. Any Hope Whatsoever. :facepalm:

:wtf:

Just got back in Orlando - theater was pretty well filled (not packed, but many more than either the Zeppelin or Metallica movies that I've seen this year...) Sound was not great (as have been every theater concert I have seen - too much mids, bass is absent!) I expect the actual Blu-ray will have far superior sound on my system at home (it always does...)

I don't feel ripped at all that it was only set 2 and encore - it was fun and the documentary was great. Fun outing and I look forward to seeing the rest at home tomorrow!

• Like 2

I need to have a good cry. Not just for myself, but for what may have at one point been a caring world. Everything just seems so dark and desolate after what I just saw. R.I.P. Any Hope Whatsoever. :facepalm:

Me too......... :huh:

Well, maybe I overreacted. Or maybe I expected too much. Or maybe it's because the projector was hooked up to a dish signal that cut out because of the weather and the theater staff had to skip around the feature until we all yelled, "Stop! Play it there! Christ..." so we could finally watch what would probably have been more enjoyable if it weren't for the technical difficulties. But hey, at least they gave us all free passes for any film of choice. So it wasn't all bad.

Well, maybe I overreacted. Or maybe I expected too much. Or maybe it's because the projector was hooked up to a dish signal that cut out because of the weather and the theater staff had to skip around the feature until we all yelled, "Stop! Play it there! Christ..." so we could finally watch what would probably have been more enjoyable if it weren't for the technical difficulties. But hey, at least they gave us all free passes for any film of choice. So it wasn't all bad.

Thanks...... :)

really bad sound and only 33 people total. we left 1 hour after it started!!!

:( Sorry to hear that. I ended up not going tonight...afraid of what you described. Read to my son instead...and wrestled

My theater charged more for this movie than average movies, and it was still about 50% full. A lot less than for Led Zep, but about the same for the TM tour.
  • Like 1

Just got home from the theater about an hour ago (had to make a

Walmart pit stop first). Small Crowd of about 25 people, some die-hards

like myself. Was real surprised with no first set?? This was part of the show, no?

Who had the brilliant idea to leave it out?? Humm, very Strange!! Rest was great! No

problem with sound as others have mentioned. Seeing Alex goofing off on stage

having a good time on the big screen was worth price of admission itself IMO! Can't wait

for my discs to arrive so I can blast it. The neighbors better get earplugs!