Rush in Theaters

mong82191

Great night at this location! Placed was sold out, as this was a smaller venue and not as big as a normal cinema anyway, because at this cinema you have to be 21 to enter the joint. It's called CineBistro http://cobbcinebistro.com/. You can dine on a nice meal while throwing down on some alcoholic beverages if you want, and watch the movie too. Kinda expensive but great stuff for a night with Rush on the screen!

We got there and the hostess took us to our seats, then we ordered some food and a couple drinks. Everyone in the place seemed ready to party and a few mins. later the show started. The sound was excellent and it looked like the people were really enjoying themselves. Was nice also to see interviews with members of the Strings section. After the show ended it seemed everyone there left in a good mood. We would gladly do it again if another Rush movie is ever shown.

Until next time...

• Like 1

Had a great time. 30-40 people in theater. The only thing I have to compare it to was Star Trek fathom events which have generally been sold out but I don't care how many other people go. Monday nights out aren't easy. Surprised that so many were expecting the entire concert. There's no way that was going to happen. I have to say that I really enjoyed the newer material more than the older stuff which is great. I thought the sound was great and it was well done.
  • Like 2

Had a great time. 30-40 people in theater. The only thing I have to compare it to was Star Trek fathom events which have generally been sold out but I don't care how many other people go. Monday nights out aren't easy. Surprised that so many were expecting the entire concert. There's no way that was going to happen. I have to say that I really enjoyed the newer material more than the older stuff which is great. I thought the sound was great and it was well done.

Anyone who saw the Time Machine theatrical screening was totally justified in expecting the full Clockwork Angels concert, as the Time Machine concert was shown in full, complete with the intermission. Not to mention, excellent sound (at least at the two screenings of it I attended). I enjoyed last night's screening as much as I could and left smiling because at the end of the day it was still Rush, but I can't quite 'fathom' a theatrical distributor screwing the pooch so totally by providing screeners with faulty sound.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad that they showed the doc instead of the first set, because the sound quality was fine for that and the unexpected entertainment value of it (especially the bit with the gnomes) left a better taste in my mouth than if I'd sat through the entire concert working hard to enjoy it as much as I could despite not being able to hear it properly.

You know...sometimes people totally surprise me. Made up a story about how I would love this new restaraunt and I didn't want to go! Well, long story short...I went.....OH MY. I had no idea where I even was....me and my directions. I couldn't believe I was at the Rush in theatre.

NICE! I'm a happy camper!

Saw this at an IMAX theatre in the San Fernando Valley area of L.A. I thought it was a great time for my $17. I entered the theatre(which I had to do a double take on upon entering since the photo over the door shows the star of the Ron Howard "Rush") 20 minutes before showtime and counted maybe 40-45 people in a theatre that looks like it seats at least 100. By showtime, the theatre looked to be at least 85% filled. The crowd was terrific, or at least I was happy that my view was never obstructed due to late arrivals or mid-show bathroom breaks.

I too was expecting the whole concert but we have to remember this was a promotion to buy the DVD plus, being an older fan, getting out at 9:15 worked just fine for me!!

I had only ever 2 seen movies in IMAX before and never really got the whole appeal since all I got out of Mission Impossible 4 was being able to count the zits on Tom Cruise's face. But seeing this in IMAX makes me wonder how I can ever go back to a standard theatre.

Edited by jjgittes

I need to have a good cry. Not just for myself, but for what may have at one point been a caring world. Everything just seems so dark and desolate after what I just saw. R.I.P. Any Hope Whatsoever. :facepalm:

Here's your hope!

The Documentary at the beginning was great. And then the show started and I went WTF where's Subdivisions. Still a great 1.5 hours of music.

At our showing they had the documentary at the end. I though it would have worked better at the beginning. :codger:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

I saw it at the Regal Cinemas here in Syracuse at Carousel Mall (as someone who remembers riding around town with my dad when I was a kid when that area was a field of oil tanks, I absolutely REFUSE to call it by its new moniker "Destiny USA"). Anyway, I was surprised that they didn't show the first set (I personally would have preferred the full "regular" concert without the documentary, and just watch the doc when I pick up the DVD...not complaining though, as the doc was very well-done). I've heard that some people around the country had bad sound at their showing, but our sound was LOUD and pretty much everything could be heard. I look forward to getting out of work today to go pick up the DVD!

I saw the show last night in Valenica, CA. I was kind of bummed that they didn't show the whole performance and just didn't save the documentry for the DVD but hey it is Rush in theaters things can be worse ;)

At my theater they blasted the show - so much so that you could hear the limitations of the loud, compressed mix. The sound was loud and heavy yet there was a lot of audible mess in the mix, just as it would be hearing a loud show without ear plugs were things start to sound distorted.

The band was on fire though, man being a member in Rush must be the best. The songs were all great, the string section was always cool to hear, and the band members all seemed to have fun

I braved the cold and darkness to catch the local showing in Duluth, MN since I live close to the theatre. We had a group of 5...maybe had a total of 10-12 at the show...ouch!

I was surprised but fine with the emphasis on the CA set. I heard some grumblings from others about the lack of the standards, (eye roll) but people seemed to enjoy the strings...as I did. Sound seemed fine to me. The doc was a great touch. Glad I went!

Very disappointed. Put emphasis on the "very". Only the second half of the concert? The theater wouldn't even give me my money back because the movie had ended before I requested the refund. I feel cheated out of 13 bucks. NOT worth the price of admission.

Does anyone feel that they just pushed this out way too soon? I mean, the Cleveland show was obviously very well done in the visual and audio department, and it was very obvious too that they had a good sized budget for that concert to make a more dynamic experience. But this time...what happened? It's like this was (and I really hate to use this term) a rushed decision either on the band's part or maybe the record company's part to try and capitalize further on the music of the band. And I find that awful, especially when we're talking about a band like Rush, where the product really just has to be in damn near pristine condition for it to be listenable/watchable.

If I knew the theater experience was going to be this bad, I would have just said "No thanks," and waited the 24 hours for the Blu-Ray/CD combo. And yes, the sound quality was a BIG issue. Not only was the mix incredibly muddy and shoddy, but the overall volume was unnecessarily LOUD. My ears were ringing afterward, and that goes to show how loud it really was. Again, when you're talking about a band like Rush, you think about PERFECT production, and this is like a stain on perfect white underwear.

I'm sure the 5.1 mix on the Blu-Ray will sound better, but as for the theater release, I expected much much better out of this band. I know Rush themselves aren't to blame, but until there's an official statement released (and I don't really expect one!), I think that's who we can blame for this.

The sound was OK overall but did you guys feel that Neil was drowned out in the mix? Especially in the string-heavy songs?

I didn't care for the mix at the theatre either. It seemed to me that at the live show, you could hear the strings a lot better than you could in the theatre. I didn't notice Neal being drowned out, but if it was I don't think it was from the strings.

Geez reading the majority of post on here glad I had to work. I really wouldn't wanted to see the documentary segment at movie theater and rather of seen the whole C A concert set list instead. But looking forward to the blu ray/cd package for home use which will be far more enjoyable... :)

Great night at this location! Placed was sold out, as this was a smaller venue and not as big as a normal cinema anyway, because at this cinema you have to be 21 to enter the joint. It's called CineBistro http://cobbcinebistro.com/. You can dine on a nice meal while throwing down on some alcoholic beverages if you want, and watch the movie too. Kinda expensive but great stuff for a night with Rush on the screen!

We got there and the hostess took us to our seats, then we ordered some food and a couple drinks. Everyone in the place seemed ready to party and a few mins. later the show started. The sound was excellent and it looked like the people were really enjoying themselves. Was nice also to see interviews with members of the Strings section. After the show ended it seemed everyone there left in a good mood. We would gladly do it again if another Rush movie is ever shown.

Until next time...

Have not been to CineBistro, nor have I even heard of it. I clicked on your link and did notice that it is Stony Point. Has it been open for awhile?? I'm sure I would have been there but I was out of town on business Monday night.

I can see why people are surprised that it wasn't the whole concert but most of them are going to buy the DVD anyway right? This was the first time I got to see them that close up, swear I could see Alex's hangnails! I completely enjoyed it since I missed the gnome bit at our concert (caught in a long line..) so I enjoyed it. Funny that they showed the Rash video to start, I love that one..you're no genius eh? :popcorn:

So glad I went and can't wait to get it for Christmas...cool :D-13: :rush: :D :ebert: