Other favorite artists/band? Your personal Top 5 list

BUB

Well, luckily I found my fifth favorite artist recently (so the final choice would not be something casual) (keeping in mind that I am young and have not had as many years to hear new music as some other members).

1. Rush

2. Oingo Boingo

3. Owl City

4. They Might Be Giants

5. Daft Punk

I should make the note that numbers two through five are always constantly changing depending on my mood (occasionally for brief moments (gasp) Rush goes down a step too! (but not for long). I simply listed Rush first (because it’s %99.9 percent of the time true) and from there listed the groups in the order I discovered them.

Fairly easy:

Lacuna Coil

Rush

Miles Davis

Khoma

Bruce Springsteen

Jimmy Eat World, Toto and The Beatles could easily sit in that top five as well!

Edited by Segue Myles

Well, luckily I found my fifth favorite artist recently (so the final choice would not be something casual) (keeping in mind that I am young and have not had as many years to hear new music as some other members).

1. Rush

2. Oingo Boingo

3. Owl City

4. They Might Be Giants

5. Daft Punk

I should make the note that numbers two through five are always constantly changing depending on my mood (occasionally for brief moments (gasp) Rush goes down a step too! (but not for long). I simply listed Rush first (because it’s %99.9 percent of the time true) and from there listed the groups in the order I discovered them.

Damn I am Old. I have only even heard of one of these. Wonder which one? :codger: Edited by Narpet

Easy one..............

1. Rush

2. Yes

3. 70's AC/DC

4. 70's UFO

5. 70's Judas Priest

:codger:

Ah, Judas Priest, they should be on my list, same with Pagan Altar... Crap... I make a top 10 list next time :P

I have to go to ten or else I'll feel like I'm betraying some bands I love. The typical "this could all change tomorrow" caveat applies.

1) Rush

2) Yes

3) Helmet

4) Tool

5) Jethro Tull

6) Nirvana

7) Failure

8) Alice in Chains

9) Gentle Giant

10) The Mess

• Like 1

Other five favorites:

The Beatles

Wire

Radiohead

The Wedding Present/Cinerama

The Church

Honorable Mentions: Zeppelin, Tones on Tail, My Bloody Valentine, the Cocteau Twins, Nirvana, early New Order, early The Cure, The Smiths, Simon and Garfunkel, Teenage Fanclub, Alex Chilton/Big Star, XTC, The Gun Club, Swell Maps, and The Jazz Butcher Conspiracy.

Edited by Rutlefan

Here's My Fave Five. This has been my fave five for a while, until I may have to bump Shinedown off of it for something like Dream Theater.

1. Alter Bridge

2. Foo Fighters

3. Rush

4. Skillet

5. Shinedown

• Like 1

1. Rush

2. Oingo Boingo

3. Owl City

4. They Might Be Giants

5. Daft Punk

Damn I am Old. I have only even heard of one of these. Wonder which one? :codger:

Not surprising you don't know these groups. Though 2 and 4 have had their music appear many times in the media, and 3 and 5 have both had hits on the top 40, they are all very far and away from the stuff that most users on the forum listen to. Although I have found traces of either fandom or at least respect for all five somewhere on here, these instances are far and few between.

1. Rush

2. Oingo Boingo

3. Owl City

4. They Might Be Giants

5. Daft Punk

Damn I am Old. I have only even heard of one of these. Wonder which one? :codger:

Me too and surprisingly it doesn't bother me. I grew up with the men who paved the way for those who make the music of today. What more could I want?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

1. Rush

2. Oingo Boingo

3. Owl City

4. They Might Be Giants

5. Daft Punk

Me too and surprisingly it doesn't bother me. I grew up with the men who paved the way for those who make the music of today. What more could I want?

Thank you my dear. I feel much better now........ :sigh:

I'm listing ten because I can't limit myself to just five, and in alphabetical order because I'm fickle:

Peter Gabriel

early Genesis

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

The Police

Radiohead

R.E.M

Rush

U2

Yes

I'm surprised that nobody else listed Zeppelin.

1. Rush

2. Oingo Boingo

3. Owl City

4. They Might Be Giants

5. Daft Punk

Not surprising you don't know these groups. Though 2 and 4 have had their music appear many times in the media, and 3 and 5 have both had hits on the top 40, they are all very far and away from the stuff that most users on the forum listen to. Although I have found traces of either fandom or at least respect for all five somewhere on here, these instances are far and few between.

You have to know this,,,

• Like 1