The Top 5 Most Forgettable Rush Songs, For You Personally

Tick

Scars

War Paint

Bravest Face

Face Up

The Stars Look Down

Just missed: Lessons, Anagram (for Mongo), Red Lenses, Totem

Just curious and I know it's just a matter taste and individuality and I know it didn't quite make your list but...............

Lessons? :huh:

For me:

Rivendell (I heard they fell asleep while recordi... :zzz: )

Chemistry (but it has great songs on either side of it)

Lock and Key (boring to, and into, my ear)

Carve Away The Stone (this song really doesn't go anywhere)

Test For Echo (Rush at one of their lyrical low points)

Your mileage may vary.

Scars

War Paint

Bravest Face

Face Up

The Stars Look Down

Just curious and I know it's just a matter taste and individuality and I know it didn't quite make your list but...............

My son was quizzing me about what he was listening to this morning, and I had completely forgotten about this song...hence its inclusion. It's not a bad song, just unmemorable.

I specifically didn't choose my least favorite five, that's a different list...you don't forget those, and in some cases (cough..Half the World, cough) can be openly mocked, but I don't forget them, I actively dislike them.

Scars

War Paint

Bravest Face

Face Up

The Stars Look Down

My son was quizzing me about what he was listening to this morning, and I had completely forgotten about this song...hence its inclusion. It's not a bad song, just unmemorable.

I specifically didn't choose my least favorite five, that's a different list...you don't forget those, and in some cases (cough..Half the World, cough) can be openly mocked, but I don't forget them, I actively dislike them.

Makes sense and very well explained. For some reason Lessons has always struck a cord with me since I first heard it till today. There's just something about the melody, the message and the layering of the vocals that get's to me each and every time I hear it. I guess for most it's sort of a B side throw away song.
  • Like 1

Most forgettable songs?

Power Windows, minus Mystic Rhythms.

I don't get how this is some fans favourite album.

Most forgettable songs?

Power Windows, minus Mystic Rhythms.

Yeah, it's funny how the keyboard era is despised, and this album is so loved at the same time, because this is probably the most overproduced album they ever released.

I don't hate it, but I could have done without 62.5% of it being played on the last tour, especially since "Middletown Dreams" wasn't played the night I went. That's the only one of the five I really wanted to hear.

Edited by analog guy

Looking through some of their albums, I was surprised that there are actually quite a few songs that make into this catagory. Here's my top 5:

Face Up

Anagram (for Mongo)

Bravest Face

You Bet Your Life

Carve Away The Stone

Man I must admit I really missed some Rush through the late 80's and 90's. I didn't even have a chance to forget these. :facepalm: :blush: I have never heard of any of those and I think one of them was a Groucho Marx television show way back in the olden day's. Shame on me.

Scars

War Paint

Bravest Face

Face Up

The Stars Look Down

Makes sense and very well explained. For some reason Lessons has always struck a cord with me since I first heard it till today. There's just something about the melody, the message and the layering of the vocals that get's to me each and every time I hear it. I guess for most it's sort of a B side throw away song.

I'm glad it speaks to you...maybe I should give it a few more listens...it's been awhile.

Scars

War Paint

Bravest Face

Face Up

The Stars Look Down

I'm glad it speaks to you...maybe I should give it a few more listens...it's been awhile.

I think it's the " I'll be there, when I teach what I've been taught " part that get's to me. It get's to me even more since being a parent for so long. Anyway I'm not sure where "there" is, but I have my own ideas about that one. :angel: :ebert: Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1

Looking through some of their albums, I was surprised that there are actually quite a few songs that make into this catagory. Here's my top 5:

Face Up

Anagram (for Mongo)

Bravest Face

You Bet Your Life

Carve Away The Stone

Man I must admit I really missed some Rush through the late 80's and 90's. I didn't even have a chance to forget these. :facepalm: :blush: I have never heard of any of those and I think one of them was a Groucho Marx television show way back in the olden day's. Shame on me.

Haha don't worry, I don't think you're missing out on much when it comes to these particular songs!

I would say the most forgettable is The Speed of Love, and others to note are Anagram (for Mongo), Heresy, Carve Away the Stone, Chemistry, Afterimage, Freewill (To an EXTREMELY minor extent), Tears, A good chunk of Rush (the not played since the 70s ones), Snakes and Arrows (last 4 vocal songs), and Vapor Trails (songs 4-6, 10, and 13 though I only recently picked up this one so they still have some space to grow) and Feeback (tracks 5-7). For a while Halo Effect and High water was on that list too. So that leaves Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Clockwork Angels, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres (not hard to forget 4 songs), and Moving Pictures (hard not to forget these ones) as unforgettable in my books. Now I do like these songs to some extent, they just leave less of an impression on me. Songs that are in my bottom five, and songs that have been overplayed are entirely different lists that I will get to at some point.

It's clearly one of the band's favorites based on setlists, and Geddy has specifically cited it as one of his favorites. Since it was so emphasized in the tour, it caused me to focus a little more on it, which really raised my appreciation for it. The live versions of Marathon, The Big Money and Mystic Rhythms elevate the studio versions IMO, so I'm anxious to see the live versions from the current tour. Territories and Grand Designs are very underrated songs IMO. It's gone from middle of the pack to a top 5 album for me.

I never listen to the first album. I just don't like what the guys produced without Neil. However I can still come up with 5 that I consider forgettable:

Out of the Cradle

I think I'm going bald

Tai Shan

Neurotica

Superconductor

The Garden

The Garden

The Garden

The Garden

The Garden

Umm…not a fan of The Garden, I presume?

Anyway, my top 5:

5. Animate — Decent but the melody repeats itself too much. Not a fav of mine.

4. The Twilight Zone — Yuck. Just a messy acoustic riff. Good lyrics and good solo, but the chorus ruins it for me.

3. Hope — Kinda boring. I like the main pattern, but again it's repeated too long.

2. Leave That Thing Alone — Same issue.

1. Hand Over Fist — Utterly boring. Enough said.

• the color of right
  • bu2b2
  • madrigal
  • war paint
  • freeze (pt 4 of Fear)

i love all the songs, ok maybe not all, but i totally forget rush sings them...

Edited by iBytor