Is RUSH better than the Beatles

losingit2k

108 members have voted

1. 1. Is RUSH Better than The Beatles

• Yes
    • No
    • The Same

Oh yeah, and I personally air drum to Ringo Starr as much as I air drum to Neil Peart.

Me too. Neil is much too difficult for me most of the time.

Maybe after Ringo Starr you can progress to Phil Rudd from AC/DC fame.

OK, off on another tangent here. Ringo can drum the shit out of Phil Rudd. Ringo's the man. Woefully underrated. All John's fault, THAT comment.

Well, I'll give you that. His little drum solo in "the end" was better than anything Phil did.

And yet, Phil Rudd, the groove, the backbeat. A magnificent thing to behold.

What he and bassist Cliff Johnson do may sound rudimentary and simplistic to some, but yeah, there's groove there. Guys who can stay in the pocket and groove like that make it sound easier than it really is. Neil may be tons more proficient technically and musically, but he can't groove like Phil Rudd.

(That last remark should get 'em going here, eh?)

f**k you buddy!

There we go.

Here We Go!

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4fbbee6969bedd0845000006-1200/anheuser-busch-inbev.jpg

Gross.

(The beer, I mean.)

• Like 3

Ask Geddy , Alex and Neil this question and you would get the same answer as me .

The Beatles .

Really? Thats not fair. Rush would never place themselves over anyone. Its not in their personallity. Even when commenting on KISS they could only mention the positive aspects of the band.

I do really think they would .

What was the album that made Geddy want to be come a musician ?

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin .

Neil . A big Who fan .

But I really think that the respect they would give a band that most importantly change the face of music would be that The Beatles are "better " than Zep , The Who and evey band in the entire universe .

I.M.O.

As you may gather I am a Beatles fan , but I saw Rush first in 78 then McCartney in 79 .

I do love Rush .

But would you say Rush are "Better " than Zeppelin ?

Anyone hear Zeppelin before Rush and think that Zepp are the bigger than The Beatles ?

Then here Rush and say they are better than Zepp.

Interesting how many people would have really sat down and listened to The Beatles after they had become a Rush maniac

I am saying that The Beatles turned me onto Music in such a way that I would go to the record shop and try a new release 12 inch single called Closer To The Heart.

The Beatles are more than just a band they became a path to follow into Rock/Blues / Folk/Psychedelia / Experimental and of course Prog .

• Like 2

Ask Geddy , Alex and Neil this question and you would get the same answer as me .

The Beatles .

Really? Thats not fair. Rush would never place themselves over anyone. Its not in their personallity. Even when commenting on KISS they could only mention the positive aspects of the band.

I do really think they would .

What was the album that made Geddy want to be come a musician ?

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin .

Neil . A big Who fan .

But I really think that the respect they would give a band that most importantly change the face of music would be that The Beatles are "better " than Zep , The Who and evey band in the entire universe .

I.M.O.

As you may gather I am a Beatles fan , but I saw Rush first in 78 then McCartney in 79 .

I do love Rush .

But would you say Rush are "Better " than Zeppelin ?

Anyone hear Zeppelin before Rush and think that Zepp are the bigger than The Beatles ?

Then here Rush and say they are better than Zepp.

Interesting how many people would have really sat down and listened to The Beatles after they had become a Rush maniac

I am saying that The Beatles turned me onto Music in such a way that I would go to the record shop and try a new release 12 inch single called Closer To The Heart.

The Beatles are more than just a band they became a path to follow into Rock/Blues / Folk/Psychedelia / Experimental and of course Prog .

:notworthy: :ebert: :clap: :ebert: :notworthy:

• Like 1

Oh yeah, and I personally air drum to Ringo Starr as much as I air drum to Neil Peart.

OK, off on another tangent here. Ringo can drum the shit out of Phil Rudd. Ringo's the man. Woefully underrated. All John's fault, THAT comment.

Well, I'll give you that. His little drum solo in "the end" was better than anything Phil did.

What he and bassist Cliff Johnson do may sound rudimentary and simplistic to some, but yeah, there's groove there. Guys who can stay in the pocket and groove like that make it sound easier than it really is. Neil may be tons more proficient technically and musically, but he can't groove like Phil Rudd.

f**k you buddy!

There we go.

Here We Go!

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4fbbee6969bedd0845000006-1200/anheuser-busch-inbev.jpg

Gross.

(The beer, I mean.)

What beer?

f**k you buddy!

There we go.

Here We Go!

Gross.

(The beer, I mean.)

What beer?

Yes, right. Bud Light is a genuine swimsuit model.

"Is RUSH better than the Beatles?"

Well gee, according to Mr. Lennon aren't the Beatles "more popular than Jesus"?

What's one statement have to do with the other? It makes no sense!

Blasphemous? Yes at first, but it's a matter of opinion and belief.

When Lennon first said that statement, it infuriated a lot of people. In my opinion, it was the only thing that ever putted them down. I said "Well gee, according to Mr. Lennon aren't the Beatles "more popular than Jesus"?" as if it were a rhetorical question to which, the answer is "Yes" in John's POV, which also answers the title of the thread for me. However I'm saying that from a fan's perspective and from my love for Rush. :P

I think my avatar makes it pretty obvious how I voted on this poll. Well that and the license plate on my motorcycle....

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l225/hoser98629/PersonalizedLicensePlateMarch2012.jpg The greatest band ever in my eyes. They simply changed my life permanently the night they were on the Sullivan show.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 3

I think my avatar makes it pretty obvious how I voted on this poll. Well that and the license plate on my motorcycle....

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l225/hoser98629/PersonalizedLicensePlateMarch2012.jpg The greatest band ever in my eyes. They simply changed my life permanently the night they were on the Sullivan show.

You're old :LOL:

but he has seen most of the cool bands. ;)

• Like 1

Yes I am.

f**k you buddy!

There we go.

Here We Go!

Gross.

(The beer, I mean.)

What beer?

Yes, right. Bud Light is a genuine swimsuit model.

Put to the vote, I think Rush might lose against great cleavage. Someone should/will make that thread complete with eye-popping pics
  • Like 2

It really depends on what you mean by "better". You could mean who has better songs, who is more talented, who is more successful...etc.

My two favourite bands are The Beatles and Rush, and in my opinion, there are Rush songs that are better than Beatles songs and Beatles songs that are better than Rush songs. By talent, I think Rush wins for that. The fact that Rush is only three guys, and they do songs that have had overdubs, (unlike the Beatles, who didn't perform songs from "Revolver" because of overdubs, and they had four guys). But then the Beatles win again with how they are the most successful music artist of all time, followed by Elvis (Okay...) and Michael Jackson (Ew...)

So you can't really decide.

Can we close this thread already? I mean, who really gives a shit?

The Who said it best with the ironically titled Who's Better, Who's Best

Both bands have their beauty and their flaws. Both bands are admired by millions.

Neither band is Nickelback.

Edit: (That's a good thing, btw)

Edited by coventry

I'm not surprised by the poll results, especially on a Rush board, but I am disappointed. Rush are my favorite band, and even STILL I don't think they're better than The Beatles. There's personal bias and subjective opinion, and then there's the obvious truth.
  • Like 2