Is RUSH better than the Beatles

losingit2k

108 members have voted

1. 1. Is RUSH Better than The Beatles

• Yes
    • No
    • The Same

You know, I don't know what the big deal is anyway. So I compared Rush to the Beatles So What ?! (Good album by Deep Purple). It not like I said that Rush was more popular than Jesus Christ! ;)

When you're on a board dedicated to a particular band, and you start a thread/poll comparing that band to another band -- especially a legendary band like The Beatles -- you'll get threads like this.

I was thinking

Please let me know how you feel.

I feel that's your problem right there.

I would like to post you problems, but where does one start?

That would seem to be less of a problem than "when does one stop"? ;)

Quite. I'm a prig. I'm a bully. I'm "loud" and outspoken. Overbearing and aggressive. In fact lots of negative things that I could stop doing.

This guy can never stop being an idiot because he clearly isn't self-aware.

Rush are better than The Beatles. Snort.

I'm pretty aware you're a pompous @ss! You must be British! Sorry the Canucks are raining on your British reign! :rush: :haz: :rush:

I just checked your profile. You are 47 yrs old. I figured you for a special needs young adult.

Did you have to pull the special needs card? (No, you didn't.)

I was on the lawn shaking my fist at the kids on the grass right along side Tony until this post surfaced.

There are much better ways to deal with someones useless threads....

Yep. Calling someone out for the way they post is one thing, but to resort to the "special needs/'tard" insult is beneath....anyone.

and Tony, the worst part is, it absolutely hurts any valid argument you were making.

When he makes a valid argument. He's usually just wrong and insulting. :P

• Like 1

beatles are one of the best bands ever but I'm not gonna try and compare and contrast between them and rush. no point. both great acts for entirely different things. personally, I like rush's music more though

Yes. ^^

2 totally different bands, so personally I can't even begin to compare them 0_o

Beatles, I love their music. Simple music, really, but very good. And let's face it, they were a force to be reckoned with in the evolution of rock music.

Rush, well......don't have to say it, do I? ;)

Personally I love Rush a hundred times more than the Beatles, but I love both bands.

I was thinking

No, no, no!

You've made yourself look a complete idiot with this thread any thinking person would deduce that. You are comparing the most culturally significant band in the Western world negatively against a relatively obscure niche band from Canada.

And finally we get down the root of all evil. You have a problem with an "Obscure niche band from Canada" actually having the Knowledge, Expertise and longevity to actually give your fab four, who, I might add, didn't always write their own material, a run for their money. You must be British, and it must really be hurting you that some Canucks are raining on your parade. Well get use to it you pompous @ss, cause the British invasion ended a long time ago. Bands like RUSH and Dream Theater are creating much more impressive and influential music than anything your tiny country has been spewing out of as late. No wonder you want to go back to the 70's.

You know it's bad when I'm taking Tony R's side.

Yeah, this thread is not going well for Swami. He did invite everyone to share their feelings. :doh:

How do you figure? Its six pages long and one of the more spirited debates on here in a while. :D-13:

6? It feels more like 10 pages of feeeelings.. whoa whoa whoa feelings.. again in my heaaaart..

you're really showing your age there dude! :codger:

Dude, I'm almost as old as Tony! And thanks to Tony, I know to use his brand Tena when that time comes. :codger:

You know, I don't know what the big deal is anyway. So I compared Rush to the Beatles So What ?! (Good album by Deep Purple). It not like I said that Rush was more popular than Jesus Christ! ;)

When you're on a board dedicated to a particular band, and you start a thread/poll comparing that band to another band -- especially a legendary band like The Beatles -- you'll get threads like this.

To quote LI2K:

"Anyway in conclusion I feel that RUSH even though marginalized are a much better band than The Beatles due to the reasoning above."

And your reasoning was flawed. That's why. :)

• Like 1

To quote LI2K:

"Anyway in conclusion I feel that RUSH even though marginalized are a much better band than The Beatles due to the reasoning above."

And your reasoning was flawed. That's why. :)

You are asking way too much here

I was thinking

Quite. I'm a prig. I'm a bully. I'm "loud" and outspoken. Overbearing and aggressive. In fact lots of negative things that I could stop doing.

I'm pretty aware you're a pompous @ss! You must be British! Sorry the Canucks are raining on your British reign! :rush: :haz: :rush:

I just checked your profile. You are 47 yrs old. I figured you for a special needs young adult.

I was on the lawn shaking my fist at the kids on the grass right along side Tony until this post surfaced.

Yep. Calling someone out for the way they post is one thing, but to resort to the "special needs/'tard" insult is beneath....anyone.

and Tony, the worst part is, it absolutely hurts any valid argument you were making.

Does it? I can't see how my debating style alters the fact that anyone who ranks Rush above The Beatles in greatness is a tool.

• Like 1

I was thinking

No, no, no!

You've made yourself look a complete idiot with this thread any thinking person would deduce that. You are comparing the most culturally significant band in the Western world negatively against a relatively obscure niche band from Canada.

And finally we get down the root of all evil. You have a problem with an "Obscure niche band from Canada" actually having the Knowledge, Expertise and longevity to actually give your fab four, who, I might add, didn't always write their own material, a run for their money. You must be British, and it must really be hurting you that some Canucks are raining on your parade. Well get use to it you pompous @ss, cause the British invasion ended a long time ago. Bands like RUSH and Dream Theater are creating much more impressive and influential music than anything your tiny country has been spewing out of as late. No wonder you want to go back to the 70's.

You know it's bad when I'm taking Tony R's side.

Yeah, this thread is not going well for Swami. He did invite everyone to share their feelings. :doh:

How do you figure? Its six pages long and one of the more spirited debates on here in a while. :D-13:

6? It feels more like 10 pages of feeeelings.. whoa whoa whoa feelings.. again in my heaaaart..

you're really showing your age there dude! :codger:

Dude, I'm almost as old as Tony! And thanks to Tony, I know to use his brand Tena when that time comes. :codger:

Tena? That's really taking the piss!

I was thinking

No, no, no!

I love how you put knowledge & expertise in capitals. That must mean You Really Mean It. WAAARRRGGHHHH!!! But not, longevity.....

British invasion??? Is it the '60's again?

The only people DT are influencing are legions of spotty fretwank boys who will emulate their heroes by playing Really Fast(see what I did there?), but a shocking inability to write a memorable decent tune. Impressive? In a "ooh, look what I can do" kind of way.

In primary school, I could pee over a very high wall. I was A GOD.

And now you just pee on your shoes right?

Nah. In my shoes.

I was thinking

Does it? I can't see how my debating style alters the fact that anyone who ranks Rush above The Beatles in greatness is a tool.

tool =/= special needs

The Beatles made great music. Rush still makes great music. The Beatle's had Yoko. Rush had Terry Brown. The Beatles had an all white album cover. Rush has one with a dog sniffing a hydrant. Rush wins hands down—get back Jo-Jo!
  • Like 2

I was thinking

tool =/= special needs

I was in the process of posting a reply to Tony, but I like yours better. And Tony, these posts that are aimed directly at you refer specifically to your "debating style," not Rush vs. the Beatles

this IS a pretty stupid thread but there's no need to call anyone a retard

Makes one almost miss the threads about which soup the boys like, or what kind of underwear they wear.

I think losingit2k needs to change his name to lostit2k

• Like 1

Am I Evil or Divine? I'm the Last in Line!!!!!!

:NP: :blah: :guitar: :haz:

It's over, it's done, the end is begun

If you listen to fools...

:guitar: :haz: :D

Yes, these are the questions and subjects that all deserve their own threads! :smoke:

this IS a pretty stupid thread but there's no need to call anyone a retard

Makes one almost miss the threads about which soup the boys like, or what kind of underwear they wear.

I think losingit2k needs to change his name to lostit2k

That translates to 'The Tit 2 what?' in Spanish. No a ganador. Si.

• Like 1

I see what you did there looooooooooool A+

• Like 1

I was thinking

Oh Tony, Anthony, Antonio Arrrrrr! There's nothing more satisfying to an Unaware, Needy, Retarded Idiot like myself than to bring someone of your intellect down to our level. :smash: I just have one more question for you. What's the capital of Assyria?

Edited by losingit2k