Is RUSH better than the Beatles

losingit2k

108 members have voted

1. 1. Is RUSH Better than The Beatles

• Yes
    • No
    • The Same

, nobody from The Beatles actually went to school for a music profession.

So I must say that Rush is better than the Beatles due to education.

What. The. f**k. Are. You. On. And why have you stopped taking it?

I think it's called "trying to get a rise" my poor exasperated one :sigh:

I dunno Steevo, I reckon he was serious. It was his first post and all. Jeezus, have I been WHOOSHED?

WHOOSHED? That would be NO. I think our new frozen friend was confusing Rush with Dream Theater. Which is tough to do right after you join a Rush board, but hey, what's that got to do with icebergs?

From the ages of twelve to fourteen The Beatles were my favorite band and then once I heard Rush they became my favorite band.

Someone in this thread said that The Beatles were mediocre musicians which is just a ridiculous and uninformed thing to say. Each one of them knew how to play multiple instruments. Lennon and McCartney were musical geniuses who wrote one masterpiece after another. George Harrison and Ringo Starr learned a lot from watching the other two write songs and became pretty damn good song writers themselves. No other band or artist will ever come close to the influence that The Beatles had on society(Other than Elvis.) and music. Even to this day you can hear tons of Beatles influence in pop and rock music.

Even though Rush became my favorite band, I have never and will never say that Rush are better than The Beatles.

The Beatles are the Holy Grail of pop and rock music.

• Like 1

It's almost impossible to vote in this poll. I can't say this or that band is better. So I'll go with...

Rush - best band in the clockwork universe.

The Beatles - best band across the universe.

Ahh.. greyfriar brings feng shui to the thread. :)

Seems to me Feng Shui isn't enough, I think we need the bringer of balance in here. ;)

Cygnus?

:musicnote:

We can rock to either band together

Even if the time signatures are not the same

We can appreciate both groups

Even if OP's thread is pretty lame

Let the truth of Rush be lighted

Let the love of Beatles shine clear

Pop sensibilities

Armed with prog and metal tendencies

With Fender and Hofner united

Playing to a single universal cheer

:musicnote:

• Like 2

I was thinking

Please let me know how you feel.

I feel that's your problem right there.

I would like to post you problems, but where does one start?

No, no, no!

You've made yourself look a complete idiot with this thread any thinking person would deduce that. You are comparing the most culturally significant band in the Western world negatively against a relatively obscure niche band from Canada.

And finally we get down the root of all evil. You have a problem with an "Obscure niche band from Canada" actually having the Knowledge, Expertise and longevity to actually give your fab four, who, I might add, didn't always write their own material, a run for their money. You must be British, and it must really be hurting you that some Canucks are raining on your parade. Well get use to it you pompous @ss, cause the British invasion ended a long time ago. Bands like RUSH and Dream Theater are creating much more impressive and influential music than anything your tiny country has been spewing out of as late. No wonder you want to go back to the 70's.

• Like 1

I was thinking

That would seem to be less of a problem than "when does one stop"? ;)

Quite. I'm a prig. I'm a bully. I'm "loud" and outspoken. Overbearing and aggressive. In fact lots of negative things that I could stop doing.

This guy can never stop being an idiot because he clearly isn't self-aware.

Rush are better than The Beatles. Snort.

I'm pretty aware you're a pompous @ss! You must be British! Sorry the Canucks are raining on your British reign! :rush: :haz: :rush:

I was thinking

No, no, no!

You've made yourself look a complete idiot with this thread any thinking person would deduce that. You are comparing the most culturally significant band in the Western world negatively against a relatively obscure niche band from Canada.

And finally we get down the root of all evil. You have a problem with an "Obscure niche band from Canada" actually having the Knowledge, Expertise and longevity to actually give your fab four, who, I might add, didn't always write their own material, a run for their money. You must be British, and it must really be hurting you that some Canucks are raining on your parade. Well get use to it you pompous @ss, cause the British invasion ended a long time ago. Bands like RUSH and Dream Theater are creating much more impressive and influential music than anything your tiny country has been spewing out of as late. No wonder you want to go back to the 70's.

You know it's bad when I'm taking Tony R's side.

I was thinking

Quite. I'm a prig. I'm a bully. I'm "loud" and outspoken. Overbearing and aggressive. In fact lots of negative things that I could stop doing.

I'm pretty aware you're a pompous @ss! You must be British! Sorry the Canucks are raining on your British reign! :rush: :haz: :rush:

He said prig, bully, "loud", outspoken, overbearing and aggressive. He never claimed to be pompous. Just fact checking. :)

• Like 2

I was thinking

No, no, no!

Yeah, this thread is not going well for Swami. He did invite everyone to share their feelings. :doh:

• Like 3

I was thinking

No, no, no!

Yeah, this thread is not going well for Swami. He did invite everyone to share their feelings. :doh:

How do you figure? Its six pages long and one of the more spirited debates on here in a while. :D-13:

, nobody from The Beatles actually went to school for a music profession.

So I must say that Rush is better than the Beatles due to education.

What. The. f**k. Are. You. On. And why have you stopped taking it?

I think it's called "trying to get a rise" my poor exasperated one :sigh:

I dunno Steevo, I reckon he was serious. It was his first post and all. Jeezus, have I been WHOOSHED?

WHOOSHED? That would be NO. I think our new frozen friend was confusing Rush with Dream Theater. Which is tough to do right after you join a Rush board, but hey, what's that got to do with icebergs?

I dunno...a Tuesday's worth of leather fire engines?

I was thinking

No, no, no!

How do you figure? Its six pages long and one of the more spirited debates on here in a while. :D-13:

6? It feels more like 10 pages of feeeelings.. whoa whoa whoa feelings.. again in my heaaaart..

• Like 1

I was thinking

No, no, no!

Are you really that stupid?

I can count on the fingers of one hand how many Beatles tracks I like. Rush have been my favourite band since 1976 and at least 5 of their albums are amongst my top 20 albums ever. That's subjective though. What isn't subjective is that The Beatles are a far more important band than Rush in the grand scheme of things.

I was thinking

No, no, no!

I love how you put knowledge & expertise in capitals. That must mean You Really Mean It. WAAARRRGGHHHH!!! But not, longevity.....

British invasion??? Is it the '60's again?

The only people DT are influencing are legions of spotty fretwank boys who will emulate their heroes by playing Really Fast(see what I did there?), but a shocking inability to write a memorable decent tune. Impressive? In a "ooh, look what I can do" kind of way.

In primary school, I could pee over a very high wall. I was A GOD.

I was thinking

I just checked your profile. You are 47 yrs old. I figured you for a special needs young adult.

I was thinking

No, no, no!

6? It feels more like 10 pages of feeeelings.. whoa whoa whoa feelings.. again in my heaaaart..

The king of useless threads.... :facepalm:

I was thinking

I just checked your profile. You are 47 yrs old. I figured you for a special needs young adult.

Did you have to pull the special needs card? (No, you didn't.)

• Like 1

I was thinking

No, no, no!

The king of useless threads.... :facepalm:

Now, I think I'm going to hold off on my planned Rush vs Abba thread.
  • Like 2

I was thinking

I was on the lawn shaking my fist at the kids on the grass right along side Tony until this post surfaced.

There are much better ways to deal with someones useless threads, I really like the ignore feature. :)

• Like 2

I was thinking

I was on the lawn shaking my fist at the kids on the grass right along side Tony until this post surfaced.

There are much better ways to deal with someones useless threads....

Yep. Calling someone out for the way they post is one thing, but to resort to the "special needs/'tard" insult is beneath....anyone.

• Like 5

I was thinking

There are much better ways to deal with someones useless threads....

Yep. Calling someone out for the way they post is one thing, but to resort to the "special needs/'tard" insult is beneath....anyone.

and Tony, the worst part is, it absolutely hurts any valid argument you were making.

• Like 4

I was thinking

No, no, no!

you're really showing your age there dude! :codger:

I was thinking

No, no, no!

I love how you put knowledge & expertise in capitals. That must mean You Really Mean It. WAAARRRGGHHHH!!! But not, longevity.....

British invasion??? Is it the '60's again?

The only people DT are influencing are legions of spotty fretwank boys who will emulate their heroes by playing Really Fast(see what I did there?), but a shocking inability to write a memorable decent tune. Impressive? In a "ooh, look what I can do" kind of way.

In primary school, I could pee over a very high wall. I was A GOD.

And now you just pee on your shoes right?

I was thinking

Well like everything else you figured wrong! :codger: