Worst crowd at a show?

bathory

The other day my friend told me of an annoying stage diver who kept jumping right where she was standing, over and over. ("Some nasty lookin' skin and bones groupie" LOL)

One jump, the chick kicked a teenage girl right in the face and she ended up bleeding and crying- my friend reached up and punched her right in the ribs, and she didn't stage dive again after that lol

• Like 2

That actually reminds me of a concert I once attended. It was so many years ago I can't remember who it was, but no one big I'm sure. This 6,5" guy who was pretty big kept walking up on stage and irritate the band. He was really drunk and everyone got this bad vibe from him, and sadly there was no one to kick people down from the stage, other than the band and they wasn't having any ;).

So this guy stumbles up to the edge, makes a "Jesus Christ on the cross" pose and let himself fall forward. But the crowd parted like The Red Sea and he felt face first down into the floor. :laughing guy:

He either sobered up or got the hint, because we didn't see anything of him after that.

EDIT: Forgot to add that if people hadn't stepped out of the way there would have been fatalities that night!

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 3

Fortunately, I haven't had any really horrible experiences. The worst was at a Slayer concert when some idiot a few seats away from me kept shouting SLAYER!!! at the top of his lungs before the band came on. Slayer are awesome, but their fanbase can be uber annoying at times.

Then there was a nauseatingly smelly person standing right next to me at the Meshuggah concert last year, but it was still an amazing show.

That's about it.

Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell Tour, Cincinnati. 1980

Assholes in the front were throwing stuff at Ronnie Dio. After Blue Oyster Cult got done rocking the house, the crowd didn't have much left for Sabbath (or they were too stoned)....

I have had dudes sweaty hair right in my face because they were head banding. Helps to be drunk when that happens, and quick reflexes too ;)

Getting sweat flung at you is nothing. A few years ago I was at a Megadeth show and this guy's crotch landed right in my face while he was crowd surfing. I dropped the guy straight down to the floor when that happened. If anyone knows what the wrestling move the powerbomb is, that's pretty much what it looked like. Yeah, it may have been kind of a dick move on my part but i'm there to watch a show, not to get sweaty balls in my face.

I didn't see him surfing for the rest of the show. Usually once these surfer idiots take a good tumble to the floor they smarten up and stop for the rest of the concert.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 5

I have had dudes sweaty hair right in my face because they were head banding. Helps to be drunk when that happens, and quick reflexes too ;)

Getting sweat flung at you is nothing. A few years ago I was at a Megadeth show and this guy's crotch landed right in my face while he was crowd surfing. I dropped the guy straight down to the floor when that happened. If anyone knows what the wrestling move the powerbomb is, that's pretty much what it looked like. Yeah, it may have been kind of a dick move on my part but i'm their to watch a show, not to get sweaty balls in my face.

Man, I'd do the same. Might even punch him where it hurts if kept doing it over and over.

Getting sweat flung at you is nothing. A few years ago I was at a Megadeth show and this guy's crotch landed right in my face while he was crowd surfing. I dropped the guy straight down to the floor when that happened. If anyone knows what the wrestling move the powerbomb is, that's pretty much what it looked like. Yeah, it may have been kind of a dick move on my part but i'm their to watch a show, not to get sweaty balls in my face.

I didn't see him surfing for the rest of the show. Usually once these surfer idiots take a good tumble to the floor they smarten up and stop for the rest of the concert.

I like to drop the dude on purpose and act like it was an accident. did that at melvins

• Like 1

Fortunately, I haven't had any really horrible experiences. The worst was at a Slayer concert when some idiot a few seats away from me kept shouting SLAYER!!! at the top of his lungs before the band came on. Slayer are awesome, but their fanbase can be uber annoying at times.

Then there was a nauseatingly smelly person standing right next to me at the Meshuggah concert last year, but it was still an amazing show.

That's about it.

at least the guy was enthusiastic. when I saw metallica a few years ago, some douchebag kept yelling FREE BIRD as if that joke is still funny

That's about it.

at least the guy was enthusiastic. when I saw metallica a few years ago, some douchebag kept yelling FREE BIRD as if that joke is still funny

People do the same at Steven Wilson shows. When some idiot yelled it between songs, he replied "Every show I go to someone says that joke as if they are funny and original. You aren't"

That's about it.

People do the same at Steven Wilson shows. When some idiot yelled it between songs, he replied "Every show I go to someone says that joke as if they are funny and original. You aren't"

I guess there's a jackass at every show who yells that

For me the worst experience was the show I called SUNDAY MUDDY SUNDAY. It was the Tour of the 80's the Joshua Tree Tour at RFK Stadium on a Sunday in front of 55,000 fans. Back then I waited first in line (4days) for tickets for myself and friends, I got tickets 12 rows back front right center. The seats were perfect and place was packed like sardines. The show starts up while its drizzling lightly but consistently. The band rips into the show and RFK is rocking loudly as this cute brunette asks me to use my binoculars. I didn't really need them but I was stuck with it, she uses them and in the excitement she disappears with them.

The band is on fire as the rain builds, the huge stage is wet and Bono slips and dislocates his shoulder. I saw the fall but thought nothing of it till I saw him leave the stage never to return. The rest of the band tells the fans what happened and the show had to come to an end. Luckily maybe it was the rain but everyone remained calm without tearing the stadium down. We then get lost while leaving the stadium in DC but still the 5 song set was still the best ever short set to date.

The worst for me was that my friends experienced this disappointment because I had built up the show and the band. However, they said they still enjoyed the short time U2 came to DC.

For me the worst experience was the show I called SUNDAY MUDDY SUNDAY. It was the Tour of the 80's the Joshua Tree Tour at RFK Stadium on a Sunday in front of 55,000 fans. Back then I waited first in line (4days) for tickets for myself and friends, I got tickets 12 rows back front right center. The seats were perfect and place was packed like sardines. The show starts up while its drizzling lightly but consistently. The band rips into the show and RFK is rocking loudly as this cute brunette asks me to use my binoculars. I didn't really need them but I was stuck with it, she uses them and in the excitement she disappears with them.

The band is on fire as the rain builds, the huge stage is wet and Bono slips and dislocates his shoulder. I saw the fall but thought nothing of it till I saw him leave the stage never to return. The rest of the band tells the fans what happened and the show had to come to an end. Luckily maybe it was the rain but everyone remained calm without tearing the stadium down. We then get lost while leaving the stadium in DC but still the 5 song set was still the best ever short set to date.

The worst for me was that my friends experienced this disappointment because I had built up the show and the band. However, they said they still enjoyed the short time U2 came to DC.

Couldn't he have made a 'Mel Gibson' and gotten on with the show? What a bummer ...

When I saw Deep Purple two years ago they started out with Highway Star. I was in the 3rd row and my dad and I stood up and started rocking out. About minute later everybody in the building sat down. I sat down after the song to not block anybody's view. Nobody stood up until Smoke On The Water which was the third song in the encore. LAME.

As for moshpits, I saw 3 Inches Of Blood a few years ago and fell face first in the pit. Some guy that had to be 6"6' and 250lbs grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and picked me up. It was crazy. This spring I saw Volbeat and when they started playing I pushed my way towards the stage, got across to the front of the pit and then was elbowed in the side of the head and thrown towards the back of the pit. I got out in a hurry and enjoyed the show from a distance. Mosh pits are awesome with the right people but there are always assholes around.

When I saw Deep Purple two years ago they started out with Highway Star. I was in the 3rd row and my dad and I stood up and started rocking out. About minute later everybody in the building sat down. I sat down after the song to not block anybody's view. Nobody stood up until Smoke On The Water which was the third song in the encore. LAME.

As for moshpits, I saw 3 Inches Of Blood a few years ago and fell face first in the pit. Some guy that had to be 6"6' and 250lbs grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and picked me up. It was crazy. This spring I saw Volbeat and when they started playing I pushed my way towards the stage, got across to the front of the pit and then was elbowed in the side of the head and thrown towards the back of the pit. I got out in a hurry and enjoyed the show from a distance. Mosh pits are awesome with the right people but there are always assholes around.

yeah the older bands draw the lamest crowd. one advantage to lawn is that you get to stand over all the old fogeys who are physically unable to do so

Slayer are awesome, but their fanbase can be uber annoying at times.

A huge idiot fanbase for my fave thrash band...damn!

Absolutely! The majority of Slayer fans are complete douchebags

I know dude, they definitely have the worst :(

there are slayer fans and then there are SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR fans, and every metalhead knows the difference

• Like 2

Lots of drunken shitheads over the years at a lot of different shows. Most recently, a drunken asshole that fell into my cousin and her son at Sabbath on August 24th at The Gorge. Also 2 drunken assholes at the same show that tried to crowd us and stand in front of us later in Sabbath's set after we had waited in line for an hour before the gates opened and claimed that spot all evening. Look shithead, either get there early enough to get a good spot or fukking sit at the back (GA lawn and we were way down in the front of that area). They didn't realize that there were 5 men in our group but we let 'em know they weren't staying. :-)

The common theme here is "drunk". Look, I enjoy a beer or two at a concert but for God's sake how much fun are you really going to have shitfaced on your ass at a show?

• Like 2

When I saw Deep Purple two years ago they started out with Highway Star. I was in the 3rd row and my dad and I stood up and started rocking out. About minute later everybody in the building sat down. I sat down after the song to not block anybody's view. Nobody stood up until Smoke On The Water which was the third song in the encore. LAME....

Same thing happened to me at an Allman Bros. show in the 90s. I was front row and everyone stood for the first song and then all the people behind me sat down pretty much the rest of the show my ex and I had to as well. Sucked big time.

• Like 1