Do you think of Permanent Waves as a 70s album or an 80s album?

LedRush

Do you think of Permanent Waves as a 70s album or an 80s album  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think of Permanent Waves as a 70s album or an 80s album

• Yes - every part of the album was started and finished in the 1970s.
    • Yes - it is more like the prog era music than the synth era music
    • No - it was released on Jan 1, 1980, and I'm a stickler for details
    • No - it is more like the synth era music than the prof era music

Currently, 50.5% "yes it's 70s" to 49.49% "no it's not"

It's funny to me because those that say it's a 70s album seem to scream louder that it's that.

I'm pretty sure if one were to conduct another forum poll, those that say it's a seventies album would say the same about those that say it's an 80s album. Of course, any assessment of that would require establishing what constitutes loud screaming in this virtual neck of the webwoods.

For me, I don't care either way.

From my perch of not giving a crap, it looks like the 70s camp does scream louder. IMHO

• Like 2

It's funny to me because those that say it's a 70s album seem to scream louder that it's that.

I'm pretty sure if one were to conduct another forum poll, those that say it's a seventies album would say the same about those that say it's an 80s album. Of course, any assessment of that would require establishing what constitutes loud screaming in this virtual neck of the webwoods.

From my perch of not giving a crap, it looks like the 70s camp does scream louder. IMHO

I don't care either, but do think one's opinion can factor into how one perceives someone else's expressed. Like, I'm sure there are several posts here, including some of mine, whereby one would think that person is getting bent out of shape, when they are really just having fun. For example: The loudest screams I detect come from the posts that insist upon the date-stamp of release as final arbitrator. And while some of those might be deadly earnest in attitude, I have no doubt that many are just exaggerating their investment in the topic, or even having fun at the expense of themselves and others.

• Like 1

I don't care either, but do think one's opinion can factor into how one perceives someone else's expressed. Like, I'm sure there are several posts here, including some of mine, whereby one would think that person is getting bent out of shape, when they are really just having fun. For example: The loudest screams I detect come from the posts that insist upon the date-stamp of release as final arbitrator. And while some of those might be deadly earnest in attitude, I have no doubt that many are just exaggerating their investment in the topic, or even having fun at the expense of themselves and others.

That's true too.

I think I DID choose a decade in one of the old threads on this topic. But I can't even remember how I voted anymore. :LOL:

• Like 1

I voted 70's, because of the overall feel more than anything, but I don't care even a little bit what it's considered.

Isn't that thread predestined to be pinned??? :cool: I guess the topic will have its followers till 2112!!! :AlienSmiley:

Like Geddy said, PW is an "edge of the 70's" album!!! So parents, teach your children well. :smoke:

• Like 1

It is deeply meaningful to me. I won't be truly happy until everyone accepts the truth that it's a 70s album. Damn sticks-in-the-mud...

http://memeshappen.com/media/created/2017/01/The-Face-You-Make-When-You-Know-Its-True-.jpg

• Like 2

http://www.lolsclub.com/wp-content/uploads/lolsclub.com-meme-maker,%20meme,%20one-does-not-simply-meme1391202049726.jpg
  • Like 2

It doesn't f***ing matter that much.

Brucey has spoken.

Your cute little doggie avvy somehow gives your post here less weight. :P

It has occurred to me that people may struggle to take me seriously no matter what I say! Maybe I could say something truly obscene and get away with it.........nah I shouldn't push my luck

• Like 1

Brucey has spoken.

It has occurred to me that people may struggle to take me seriously no matter what I say! Maybe I could say something truly obscene and get away with it.........nah I shouldn't push my luck

That'd be even better with the cute little doggie looking at us!

• Like 1

Brucey has spoken.

You already said something obscene! Something about Rush "doesn't f***ing matter that much"??? Without endless debates about Rush, think how empty life would be...

• Like 2

"The future disappears into memory, with only a moment between."

Permanent Waves was released during that moment :yes:

It's when it was made....late 1979. And I would like to sincerely thank the fellas for putting those last few months of the decade to such good use.

• Like 1

Brucey has spoken.

Okay I'll say something horrible to you just to humour you.

I don't mean this.

You're a c***!

• Like 1

Brucey has spoken.

I don't mean this.

You're a c***!

Sassy little bitch ((hopefully the cute little doggie is a female so that "bitch" fits)) :P

• Like 1

Brucey has spoken.

I don't mean this.

You're a c***!

Sassy little bitch ((hopefully the cute little doggie is a female so that "bitch" fits)) :P

Nope he's a male

• Like 1

Brucey has spoken.

I don't mean this.

You're a c***!

Nope he's a male

Sonofabitch!!

:LOL:

• Like 1

It's when it was made....late 1979. And I would like to sincerely thank the fellas for putting those last few months of the decade to such good use.

Wrong. If that was the case, Chinese Democracy would be a 1990 something album that just happened to be released in 2008.

You people who think it was a 70's album are as silly as those who think GMO's are bad or there is no global warming. Science doesn't care what you think and record companies don't care either.

Wrong. If that was the case, Chinese Democracy would be a 1990 something album that just happened to be released in 2008.

You people who think it was a 70's album are as silly as those who think GMO's are bad or there is no global warming. Science doesn't care what you think and record companies don't care either.

You are so totally wrong, it's like you're the wrongest wronger of all wrongdom.

• Like 2

Chinese Domocracy wasn't finished yet, Rose kept dicking with it. Permanent Waves was put to bed in 1979. Deal with it!

Chinese Domocracy wasn't finished yet, Rose kept dicking with it. Permanent Waves was put to bed in 1979. Deal with it!

According to this article, it was done before Christmas, so it must be a 2007 album, right?