2013-14 NHL Season Thread

blackhawkrush

Three game sevens in one night! OMG OMG OMG.

Also, here's an interesting thought:

If the Bruins (an original six team) make the finals, it's possible that every opponent could be another original six team - Red Wings, Canadiens, Rangers, Blackhawks. (Oh, poor Toronto)

Wouldn't THAT be cool?!

Looking forward to this...lots of channel switching :popcorn: Red Wings have been eliminated so that scenario is out. Here's to some good games. Hope the Hawks are nice and rested...Captain Serious had his birthday yesterday :musicnote:

Actually, the scenario is still good. I was pointing out that the Bruins entire post-season schedule could end up looking like this:

Quarters: Bruins defeat Red Wings

Semis: Bruins defeat Habs

Conference Finals: Bruins defeat Rangers

Stanley Cup: Bruins vs Blackhawks

Well, it looks like I'll be living in enemy territory for the next two weeks.
  • Like 1

Minnesota has some of the worst fans around. All series they were going after Avs fans on twitter and now after they win they are more happy that we lost than that they won. I'm pulling for Chicago in round 2.

Montreal/Boston and LA/Anaheim should be two highly entertaining series.

Woah, some Canucks moves while we're waiting for Round 2. Torts is out, along with assistant coach Mike Sullivan. Glen Gulutzan stays on, which is weird since he was responsible for the relentlessly awful PP and was probably the only member of the coaching staff who fully deserved to be let go.

The good news is, Linden seems to be pretty vocal about wanting an up-tempo, exciting team. If the Sharks hit the panic button and get rid of Todd McLellan, there could be an interesting fit there.

Woah, some Canucks moves while we're waiting for Round 2. Torts is out, along with assistant coach Mike Sullivan. Glen Gulutzan stays on, which is weird since he was responsible for the relentlessly awful PP and was probably the only member of the coaching staff who fully deserved to be let go.

The good news is, Linden seems to be pretty vocal about wanting an up-tempo, exciting team. If the Sharks hit the panic button and get rid of Todd McLellan, there could be an interesting fit there.

I know Torts' coaching style gives him a short shelf life, but dayum. Not that I disagree with firing him -- seems like the Canucks never really bought into his system.

Well here we go against the pesky Canadiens, I hope they come out rusty.

Lets go BRUINS

I know Torts' coaching style gives him a short shelf life, but dayum. Not that I disagree with firing him -- seems like the Canucks never really bought into his system.

Thing is, he also had to deal with a boatload of injuries, some truly awful puck luck, and a lot of uncertainty in net after the Luongo trade. It's really hard to separate Torts' performance from all the other things that went wrong for Vancouver this year. He had some pretty obvious flaws, but I can't help but wonder if it would have been better to keep him and let the other issues resolve themselves. Too late for that now, I guess.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww10/TheRza80/BruinsockeyRules.gif

1-0 Habs

Hawks in 5

Kings in 6

Bruins in 5

Rangers in 6

Bruins in 5? That hurts dude

I dunno. Boston also played like ass in game 1 versus Detroit (also a 1-goal loss), and then won the series in 5...