my nephew said Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift are better singers than Bruce Dickinson

hobo73

The best thing about Dickinson's voice is that he has never taken any singing lessons. He just opens his mouth and that fantastic voice of his comes out naturally. People always take about how high his range is but I don't think he gets enough credit for how powerful his voice is. It just takes over everything once he starts singing.
  • Like 1

The best thing about Dickinson's voice is that he has never taken any singing lessons. He just opens his mouth and that fantastic voice of his comes out naturally. People always take about how high his range is but I don't think he gets enough credit for how powerful his voice is. It just takes over everything once he starts singing.

On that Metal Evolution series, didn't he say he was trying so hard to sound like Arthur Brown and his voice just grew from there?

....I've tried sounding like him growing up, and my voice got WORSE. bahahaha. ;)

On that Metal Evolution series, didn't he say he was trying so hard to sound like Arthur Brown and his voice just grew from there?

....I've tried sounding like him growing up, and my voice got WORSE. bahahaha. ;)

yeah, arthur brown and ian anderson are his only real noticable vocal influences I think. you can make an argument for dio, halford or gillan, but overall I think bruce has got one of the most unique (and therefore most copied) voices in rock

• Like 1

Swift and Bieber may be better singers, but can either of them pilot their own jumbo jet? ;)

My daughter saw Rush in June and Taylor Swift last weekend. I asked her which show she liked better...and she said that was easy...Rush. :wub: She's only 9 so I was a little surprised by her answer. :haz:

Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 2

Taylor Swift doesn’t just ruin men’s lives. She has also ruined a lot of people’s careers including Avril Lavigne, Nelly Furtado, Carly Rae Jepsen and anyone who was dumb enough to release an album in the same month as her.

To be fair though how likely is it that a fan of Taylor Swift is suddenly gonna dig Iron Maiden.

*says me who likes both*

But yeah, I don't see the big deal. To each their own.

Taylor Swift doesn’t just ruin men’s lives. She has also ruined a lot of people’s careers including Avril Lavigne, Nelly Furtado, Carly Rae Jepsen and anyone who was dumb enough to release an album in the same month as her.

Her music is better than all those artists recent work.