my nephew said Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift are better singers than Bruce Dickinson

hobo73

^^ lol yep. He's been very good over here once he got in trouble and after 4 hours wrote 3 pages of sentences. lol.

It just cracks me up. I said "maaaaaaan, Taylor Swift doesn't sing. She mainly speaks the lyrics." :P

Man, baby, it all does not really matter, in the end, as long as the nephew says that Geddy Lee is a better vocalist than all of them.

I don't really care much for any of those guys, you mentioned in the OP, anyway. I just wanted to type the above statement.

Edited by Anguyen92

Man, baby, it all does not really matter, in the end, as long as the nephew says that Geddy Lee is a better vocalist than all of them.

I don't really care much for any of those guys, you mentioned in the OP, anyway. I just wanted to type the above statement.

I don't know, it just blew me away. Like Bruce or not, it's like....GAH. haha.

Oh, he digs Geddy ;)

Taylor Swift is awesome. Once you get past the uncool factor, she is like a new Joni Mitchell.

Justin Bieber is untalented, though.

Oh...oh, the Joni Mitchell lover in me is sad...lol. I admit I like her older stuff. She just got sooooo poppy.

I hope you went on a diatribe about how Iron Maiden has built their fanbase over the last 30 years on blood, sweat and unparalleled talent, with no major media exposure; while Swift and Bieber are both souless 'brands' rammed down the throats of the unenlightened masses by the godless media corporations. Please tell me you had the little bugger in tears. ;) Edited by GeddyLeeRoth
  • Like 5

I'm impressed your nephew knows who Bruce Dickinson is. Give him time though, when i was little i thought spongebob was a better singer than Geddy!

Oh crap, I thought you meant Springsteen, not Dickinson, for some reason.

Now, that I realize that is that case. IS YOUR NEPHEW OUT OF HIS MIND!!!!!!!??????

Yeah, I like to see Bieber or Swift sing the stuff that Dickinson sings like Number of the Beast, The Trooper, Run to the Hills, etc, etc. Dickinson probably can sing anything from Bieber's or Swift's catalog and it would sound like something Iron Maiden would create (as in it would sound f'en great) and that friken Delilah is very good example of it.

Edited by Anguyen92

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I hope you taped it, and will play it back in about 5-7 years to embarrass him.

• Like 1

While Bruce Dickinson is clearly my preferred singer of the three, Taylor Swift is, today, the better singer.

The genres are so far apart from one another that they should not be compared, of course.

Justin Beiber, must have some kind of talent, I don't know enough of his "music" to make that judgement.

• Like 1

I hope you went on a diatribe about how Iron Maiden has built their fanbase over the last 30 years on blood, sweat and unparalleled talent, with no major media exposure; while Swift and Bieber are both souless 'brands' rammed down the throats of the unenlightened masses by the godless media corporations. Please tell me you had the little bugger in tears. ;)

Not only did I go off on that exact tirade, but my husband took his headphones off, set them down and gave him a full-on LECTURE.

I said Bruce doesn't need computers to make him sound fantastic, and he STILL sounds stunning. Swift and Bieber aren't even worthy enough to be dog sh*t on the bottom of his shoe LOL.

lol the kid had no idea what to say when I pointed at the TV and said "If I could sound like anyone in the world, If I could sing like anybody, it would be him. I don't care that I would sound like a man. Good GOD."

And we educated him on what true talent- TALENT- is.

hahaha

Edited by hobo73

you do realize that by publicly stating this about your nephew, you are opening the door to public slandering and flaming of your nephew. Not something I or most people would do. Good luck with that.

Oh no, I just find it hilarious what kids think about music nowadays, and how they perceive "talent". I find nothing offensive about what I said about him lol.

Oh crap, I thought you meant Springsteen, not Dickinson, for some reason.

Now, that I realize that is that case. IS YOUR NEPHEW OUT OF HIS MIND!!!!!!!??????

Yeah, I like to see Bieber or Swift sing the stuff that Dickinson sings like Number of the Beast, The Trooper, Run to the Hills, etc, etc. Dickinson probably can sing anything from Bieber's or Swift's catalog and it would sound like something Iron Maiden would create (as in it would sound f'en great) and that friken Delilah is very good example of it.

He said this as he was watching a live Maiden clip on TV, for cryin' out loud. 0_o

He said Bruce would lose in a singing competition with those 2, and Jeff threw his hands up and said "NOPE." haha. So, so, so happy my daughter, at least at the moment (and since birth, really) loves Maiden. She tries singing like Dickinson ;)

Play your nephew the Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son albums and then see what he has to say about Bruce's voice then. Those two albums probably have the best vocals of any metal album ever. Both albums are easily the best Bruce's voice has to offer. If you've never checked out any of his solo stuff, try the albums Accident Of Birth and The Chemical Wedding. His vocals on those two albums are some of the best he's ever recorded.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I like to see Bieber or Swift sing the stuff that Dickinson sings like Number of the Beast, The Trooper, Run to the Hills, etc, etc.

Dude, seriously, those are the three songs you went with? Those tunes don't even scratch the surface of what Bruce can do with his voice.

• Like 2

I know the kid digs metal, he straight-up jams when we play our music. I will- we will- have him listen to more Maiden ;)

Yeah, I like to see Bieber or Swift sing the stuff that Dickinson sings like Number of the Beast, The Trooper, Run to the Hills, etc, etc.

Dude, seriously, those are the three songs you went with? Those tunes don't even scratch the surface of what Bruce can do with his voice.

I just went for the most broadest ones, and my 1st experience listening to Maiden was the Flight 666 concert, because I just barely got into Maiden like two months ago though I am very impressed with what I've heard thus far. Just be glad I'm on your side on this topic.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 1

I think he was just throwing out beginner tunes.